Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 12:08   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
An A-class and Maybach customer do not experience any different levels of service experience at the service center.
I'm willing to bet that 99% of Maybach or even S-Class owners never visit the service center themselves. They're too busy. It's either the workshop's driver taking the car or their own chauffeur. So, as long as the service is good, what difference does it make whether your 1 crore car is being serviced next to a 'lowly' A-Class?

I'm with Eddy on this one. I don't care what car is parked next to mine at the service station. It can be a Tata Nano for all I care. What matters most is the quality of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
If Maruti makes it mandatory to get the NEXA cars serviced at NEXA outlets only, then it will seriously undermine their USP of "largest service coverage".
I don't think that will happen.

Only Nexa cars can use Nexa service stations.
Nexa cars can also use Maruti service stations.
However, Maruti cars cannot use Nexa service stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_GT View Post
Sai Service(Maruti's dealer chain) offers a similar service where you can book an appointment for your car servicing and they collect and drop your vehicle to your residence. The only issue being one has to inform them well in advance (15-20 days) if one plans to use this facility. Chances are slim you would get this facility for appointments taken in less than a week's duration from date of service. Also this facility is given to very limited number of customers in a day. (I had asked for it a few times but was told each time that all the attendants for home delivery were booked for the day)
Just a matter of proper implementation & scale. Sai Service probably didn't allocate enough resources to it. Should be very simple to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
There is a reason why he is called a relationship manager. The very idea is to build a long lasting relationship with the customer and be his one point contact to aid him on all queries/hassles related to his car in future.
In an industry with high turnover rates, you can forget about any kind of 'long lasting relationship' with a sales person. On the other hand, those at the workshop typically stick around for longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
For whatever reason, they thought that they couldn't sell higher priced cars because of brand image. While that is true to an extent, it is not the biggest reason. They had average to terrible cars priced above 7 lakhs. Remember Kizashi's pricing?

If you make a good car, people will buy it from regular dealerships. Have you seen how the XUV500 sold for Mahindra?
Maruti's 10+ lakh cars failed because of poor positioning, not because they were a 'Maruti'. Idiots just don't seem to realise that.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 15:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_GT View Post
Sai Service(Maruti's dealer chain) offers a similar service where you can book an appointment for your car servicing and they collect and drop your vehicle to your residence. The only issue being one has to inform them well in advance (15-20 days) if one plans to use this facility. Chances are slim you would get this facility for appointments taken in less than a week's duration from date of service. Also this facility is given to very limited number of customers in a day. (I had asked for it a few times but was told each time that all the attendants for home delivery were booked for the day)
I have a wonderful experience with Bimal in Bangalore. They take up service even with 1-2 days of notice.

In the case of Nexa cars, it's even better. The pick up person will be at your doorstep on the exact time that you requested and delivery also within the tolerance limit of couple of hours.

Service also is good and the Service advisor is knowledgeable and helpful.
Old 27th April 2016, 15:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What a joke. All Nexa dealers are Maruti car dealers (one Nexa outlet for each old dealer). So the grease monkeys are the same. You will be lucky to get an exclusive Nexa lounge in the same madhouse!!
The usage of 'grease monkeys' for the technicians at a service station is slightly overdone and could have been avoided.
Sree73 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 08:19   #34
BHPian

This could turn out differently than planned for Maruti Suzuki.
People hae been buying Baleno under the impression that Maruti service network is wide and they derive certain amount of confidence from that, not to say car is unreliable or something.
When Nexa service centers will start functioning, soon exclusivity of service to cars sold via Nexa will also come. At that point service network will suddenly become quite small. If they increase the service network to match existing maruti service stations, then there is no premium value left there.
Old 7th May 2016, 23:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Hypothetically, I wouldn't be too happy to service my Ciaz at a regular service centre and be treated like the average Joe, while someone with a Baleno, who's spent lesser than me, gets preferential treatment!

I feel the whole NEXA strategy is messed up, lacking a clear vision. There's no clear definition on the models that get the NEXA treatment, so to speak and it doesn't seem to align with their philosophy.
Mate, this overlapping of product line exists everywhere. There are KIA cars being sold which cost lesser than HYUNDAI. Similarly you cant go and ask an AUDI service centre to give you the AUDI experience just cause you bought a VW TOUAREG which costs more than say an AUDI A1.

When you bought a CIAZ you bought it through a Maruti Suzuki experience and thats what you might get (unless MS gets too generous).

All Im trying to say is you dont just buy a car but you buy into its ecosystem which is basically spares, ASS etc., And this is not decided by the amount of money you splashed on the product but, the product's ecosystem which was advertised when you bought into it knowingly.
Old 21st February 2017, 12:33   #36
BHPian

First one in Pune is coming up soon....

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2697
Size:  307.4 KB
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

^^ I see this 3S facility (under construction) everyday on my route to work. It is off the Mumbai-Bangalore highway in Baner on the service road near the Skoda / Mercedes showrooms.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 2nd March 2017 at 21:38.
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:00   #38
BHPian

Just wanted to share my experience at NEXA during my first service for 1.6 Alpha.

When i purchased my vehicle ( S Cross 1.6 Alpha ) from NEXA OMR , Chennai, had opted for rear spoiler. They had goofed up the colour and the final colour was much different than Urban Blue (my car color). On noticing, i raised the issue and NEXA guys, offered me a discount. I told my RM that I am not too convinced and will be dropping an email to the address available on NEXA website.

Later , i was contacted and was promised that it would be addressed during first service. I was not too optimistic. As expected during service, they tried to convince me saying , "Sir, this is metallic paint so it will look different on metal (body part) surface and FRP(spoiler) " , "This is coming from factory and not painted by us" and other lame reasons.

I was not pushy as i had taken the 1.5K discount and was planning to wrap in black . So I told them bluntly to change if possible and dont annoy me with these lame excuses. As expected, they decided not to replace.

Later, during service, the service engineer was asking too many questions about the team-bhp stickers on my car. When the service is done, the service manager came up to me and started taking about team-bhp, how are NEXA showrooms discussed in team-bhp , how do i feel about NEXA showrooms and how do they compare to other premium showrooms.

I was a bit suprised but i took this opportunity to tell about the spoiler goof up. He immediately called the accessories person and asked to replace the spoiler and if not available to place a order. Fortunately, they had a new spoiler and got it replaced and this one color was matching with the vehicle color.

After a few mins internal discussion, he explained that the spoiler was given to another service station for painting and the color was mentioned as urban blue and no sample was given for color matching. So, the other service made a mistake.

I told him that NEXA might be a good concept but the RMs still have the regular Maruti Showroom attitude and it is not helping. Also, that i was able to get a proper response due to team-bhp credibility and not due to NEXA .

Happy to be part of this community and leverage them for the right purpose

Last edited by Doo_Dev : 3rd March 2017 at 17:24.
Doo_Dev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 01:14   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Got these pics on whatsapp forward from a friend who prefers to stay anonymous. These are pics taken during the TVC shoot of NEXA service.

Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars-1.jpg

Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars-2.jpg

Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars-3-2.jpg

Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars-4.jpg

The following pic is from facebook

Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars-5.jpg

Last edited by Leoshashi : 7th July 2017 at 01:31.
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 18:43   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India to open 300 Nexa service outlets by 2019-20.

The company plans to have 60-70 Nexa service outlets in the current fiscal.

The company is also revamping its traditional sales outlets incorporating learnings from its Nexa experience to cater to the demands of its ever increasing young buyers.

Quote:
As part a transformation to reinvent its corporate brand across all channels, MSI will also open standalone showrooms for its pre-owned car chain, True Value with 150 such outlets set to be operational by next March.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th July 2017 at 18:44.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 02:17   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I don't think that will happen.

Only Nexa cars can use Nexa service stations.
Nexa cars can also use Maruti service stations.
However, Maruti cars cannot use Nexa service stations.
Yesterday, a Baleno came to our MASS, which is a normal workshop and not a dealer owned workshop or MSM. When they tried to open a jobcard by entering its VIN, the system gave out a clear message: You are not authorised to service this vehicle.. So it's official now. NEXA cars cannot be serviced at normal MASS and only dealer owned workshops or MSMs can work on it.

I'd request other NEXA car owners to kindly check this once. Visit an independent MASS in your city and see if their system accepts. You can search for the independent MASS by using the link http://www.marutisuzuki.com and selecting MARUTI AUTHORISED SERVICE STATION in the drop down menu of the locator tab on upper RHS of the page.

Looking forward to your feedback on this.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 15th July 2017 at 02:20.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 06:31   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, a Baleno came to our MASS, which is a normal workshop and not a dealer owned workshop or MSM. When they tried to open a jobcard by entering its VIN, the system gave out a clear message: You are not authorised to service this vehicle..
Most of them use the word MASS here for any Maruti service centre

Just to clarify :

Nexa cars can be serviced in any Maruti dealer owned workshops
Nexa cars would be exclusively serviced at new Nexa service centres
Nexa cars would not be serviced at Maruti service centres who do not sell Maruti cars.

Yes, there are many local garages "authorised" by Maruti for service. These centres are not authorised to service Nexa cars. I had taken my S-Cross to one such service centre in Bangalore and they refused to even touch my car
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 12:06   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Nexa cars would not be serviced at Maruti service centres who do not sell Maruti cars.

Thanks for the confirmation. That means NEXA cars looses out on any where serviceability tag of the Marutis. NEXA owners won't be enjoying the huge service advantage which other Maruti cars enjoy.

Attaching some ads, which Maruti used to flaunt: Not true for NEXA Premium customers.

Recently, my cousin's Baleno broke down on the outskirts of Bangalore, bang in front of a normal MASS. Reason for the breakdown was my cousin's carelessness: The pump operator had filled Diesel in his petrol car. Nevertheless, the MASS refused to help him out, but only called the dealer owned workshop and requested for a flatbed. The mechanics were ready to clean the fuel tank and change the filter etc, but their hands were tied down and they had to helplessly watch the car being towed away. So much for the Premium NEXA service.

This NEXA is a flawed strategy to begin with. Why limit owners to a handful of workshops when you do have a huge workshop base?? Just to give an example: Spiti Motors is Maruti's highest workshop in the country, right in the snowy himalayas. But since it's not a dealer owned workshop, they cannot touch a NEXA car, but can handle normal Maruti cars. What an idiotic strategy this is!!

My city has 11 Maruti workshops, 5 of them are MASS, 1 MSM, 5 dealer workshops(owned by the two dealers in the ratio 4:1). My humble 800 can visit all, but a supposedly premium S cross can visit only 6 of them.

Quote:
Yes, there are many local garages "authorised" by Maruti for service. These centres are not authorised to service Nexa cars. I had taken my S-Cross to one such service centre in Bangalore and they refused to even touch my car

They aren't exactly local garages buddy, albeit they look like one. Maruti has similar control over them, as a normal dealer owned workshop. They were the ones which gave Maruti "service anywhere"tag. I love them because they are no nonsense service centres, unlike the dealer workshops who try to loot us in the name of better organisation and looks etc.

However, now Maruti is focussing on expanding dealer workshops more, and not these cheap looking garages.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 12:37   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, now Maruti is focussing on expanding dealer workshops more, and not these cheap looking garages.
It's a known fact that all car dealers make more money in service than selling cars. I guess Maruti did this to encourage Nexa dealers. I know many dealer owned workshops were not happy with Maruti authorised service centres. The dealers have to invest much more than these garages authorised by Maruti.
Old 15th July 2017, 15:28   #45
BANNED

Good. Can you imagine a US Cadillac customer satisfied by service from a Chevrolet service facility, or a Lincoln car owner by a Ford facility. Brand differentiation is necessary, along with a differentiated service. I hope MS can succeed. Why I am skeptical is that almost all Nexa outlets are MS Dealership owned.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks