Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti to launch exclusive service facilities for NEXA cars

Got a 1.3 S-Cross from NEXA Ambattur, Chennai. Sorry to say that the Superior nexa service and the "Dedicated relationship manager" USP for NEXA customer is utter rubbish.

For my first service i called up my RM for guidance and his answer was "Sir, our responsibility ends when you take delivery of the car" and his expert advise was " Sir please go on the net and search for service center and you will get the number" Spent 3-4 days calling up different centers asking for service and finally got it serviced at Khivraj Service centre Guindy and had a totally awful experience at the service center. The service supervisor was soo ill trained he was trying to open the door by pressing the sensor at the same time as he was pulling the handle. After 3 tries i intervened and helped him open the the door.

My experience and interaction/Service with my WAGOR R 5 years back was far more superior and efficient than this buffoonery. I do hope they start these exclusive service centers soon.
PS Hoping to post a brief ownership report soon.
-NUT-case is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:40   #17
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 11:57.
ysak is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:18   #18
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 11:57.
bijujj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:23   #19
BHPian

Yes, it is a good move.
I just had my 1.6 serviced at a regular Maruti dealer (Pune, HJD). They were extremely polite and nice. But my car was waiting for 45+ minutes for a dry wash and the "expert" technician didn't know which side the fuse box was. I didnt have further questions. And the SA had the audacity to ask me to rate him 9 or 10.
I prefer rude and knowledgeable instead of polite and dumb!
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 06:10   #20
BHPian

I serviced my baleno cvt at maruthi service masters guindy yesterday. They did a very decent job. Frankly I am not a big fan of "premium"/"exclusive" anything and will continue to get my car serviced at normal MASS
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:15   #21
BHPian

In mangalore one of the Nexa Dealers started this from day 1 itself.

It is supposed to be exclusive to Nexa but they happily took my A Star for a service, since there werent many Nexa cars on road then. As numbers pick up they will become exclusive Nexa i guess

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 11:58. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:56   #22
Team-BHP Support

I have an S-Cross and I dont mind going to a regular service station and getting the car seviced next a Maruti 800 as long as :

- they give an appointment on a days notice
- prepare a job card within a reasonable time of reaching the service station (at the agreed time)
- service the car in reasonable time.
- provide an air conditioned lounge for waiting.
- obviously, doing the job well.

I do not mind all of this being done at regular Maruti service stations at all. A separate Nexa service station is welcome, but not a deal breaker for me.
Eddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 17:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
For my first service i called up my RM for guidance and his answer was "Sir, our responsibility ends when you take delivery of the car" and his expert advise was " Sir please go on the net and search for service center and you will get the number"
Did you escalate this? If yes, what was the response from Maruti?

He is not a sales manager but a relationship manager. There is a reason why he is called a relationship manager. The very idea is to build a long lasting relationship with the customer and be his one point contact to aid him on all queries/hassles related to his car in future.

That statement by him defeats the purpose from word go
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 00:07   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is trying really hard to promote Nexa. It's good to have separate service facility for Nexa cars but it is not a must. Maruti can make use of the existing service centre with dedicated staff for Nexa. (I think they are doing it already).

P.S: Maruti suzuki should focus more on providing premium cars rather than premium buying experience/service
Old 24th April 2016, 00:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Premium service is a good move by Maruti, BUT I want to know what happens to people like me? Is a premium customer one that entrusts the brand with selling them a car that comes with projector headlights and apple car play? What of the folks that entrusted the brand with selling them truly premium cars like the Kizashi and Grand Vitara much before any of this Nexa promotion nonsense? Don't get me wrong, I still believe that I get brilliant service but that is only because of my proactive and inclined nature. I still need to spend a lot of time and effort finding out which service center in any given city actually has a team of personnel that can work on my Kizashi not merely do an oil change. I understand that the Grand Vitara and Kizashi are products that never did and will never provide cash to the company but I would like to have a relationship manager too to help get my car serviced by the right people instead of me running pillar to post in each new city I visit to have my car serviced properly. Is that too much for me to ask?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 24th April 2016 at 00:38.
Old 24th April 2016, 07:20   #26
BANNED

What a joke. All Nexa dealers are Maruti car dealers (one Nexa outlet for each old dealer). So the grease monkeys are the same. You will be lucky to get an exclusive Nexa lounge in the same madhouse!!
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 17:17   #27
Team-BHP Support

Good initiative IMO! Why should the so-called premium experience be restricted to just the car purchase? That said, I hope they pick and choose the right models for Nexa which can clearly showcase its worth as premium models.
Old 24th April 2016, 23:19   #28
BHPian

I believe exclusive service bays are essential to differentiate the 'Nexa' experience. So far my experience with Nexa has ranged from bad to OK. During my last service at The Kothari Wheels, Pune they made we wait during the servicing without even offering water. And they dont even have machines to swipe the Nexa cards. This has to change if Nexa is to last.

I think Nexa is a great idea and has a lot of potential. If only Maruti also got involved in the retail experience instead of handling it over to dealers. If they could create company owned retail stores similar to Apple Stores, that would truly bring in the premium retail experience. I know this is wishful thinking but I have seen enough bad experience from dealers abusing their position.

Last edited by navin : 25th April 2016 at 11:11. Reason: more than 2 smileys
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 23:45   #29
BHPian

It looks like Maruti is doubling down on a dumb idea. Maruti already has a good reputation for sales and service. For whatever reason, they thought that they couldn't sell higher priced cars because of brand image. While that is true to an extent, it is not the biggest reason. They had average to terrible cars priced above 7 lakhs. Remember Kizashi's pricing?

If you make a good car, people will buy it from regular dealerships. Have you seen how the XUV500 sold for Mahindra?
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:14   #30
BHPian

Maruti has a well distributed service centre network, mere name of exclusivity with brand NEXA might become albatross around its neck.

I think they should have a separate section within the existing Maruti service centre, which would provide a premium experience. Like what Bajaj service centres in Delhi where KTM bikes service are in different floor and they allow the customer to stand along with them while servicing.

So a separate floor for NEXA customers. With separate waiting area and provision to stand along with their car so as to observe what's happening with their asset.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2016 at 12:00. Reason: Language
Jose.solorider is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks