Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 11:20   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The VCross seems to tick all my requirements, except there is no service centre nearby .
The dearth of dealerships/service centers is a big issue. For a car which has such immense potential of being a bestseller and carving a segment of it's own, the wafer-thin Isuzu network could be a real dampener for monthly sales.

I for one hope that the Isuzu management is taking concrete steps to bring up at least one dealership in every Indian state by next year.

Isuzu is a recognised name in most states due to their trucks, engines and farm equipment, and if customers get to know that they are getting a niche, unique and tough-as-nails option in the 12-13 lakh segment, they will definitely go for it.

As for me, the nearest Isuzu dealerships are at Visakhapatnam (Vizag, 300 kms away) and Nagpur (500 kms away). No chance of checking out this wonderful product, unless I embark on a long journey in the near future!

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-untitled.jpg

LINK
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 11:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Tamil Nadu has three dealers? If they can get one in Salem/Trichy, it will cover their bases for a while until they go into tier 2 cities.

Being a diesel, its service intervals would be longer and I think any roadside mechanic would be able to handle any niggles since there is a commercial version of the truck doing rounds already.

XUV W6 AT and this one showing how steeply priced a few of the newer offerings are.

The past year has been a very busy one for Automobile reviewers and looks like there is no rest period in the horizon for them. Crysta, V-Cross, BR-V remain
Old 10th May 2016, 11:58   #138
BHPian

Talk about reliability, ISUZU is backing up their product with a 3 year/100,000km warranty obviously showing that the product is built to last forever. They have also updated the brochure which now has the detailed specifications, attached for reference.

I was also one the first few to book the Vcross in Gurgaon and was wondering what'll be a good AT tyre upsize keeping the original rims and with aggressive patterns, would 265 x 65 x 16 would be the size to go? Continental Cross Contacts probably ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISUZU-VCROSS-Product-Brochure.pdf (4.13 MB, 746 views)

Last edited by Hondaism : 10th May 2016 at 12:03. Reason: additional details
Hondaism is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:58   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
As for me, the nearest Isuzu dealerships are at Visakhapatnam (Vizag, 300 kms away) and Nagpur (500 kms away). No chance of checking out this wonderful product, unless I embark on a long journey in the near future!
Isuzu needs to establish their network fast. I foresee a lot of tier 2/3 city customers interested to buy V Cross. There would be a lot of wealthy farmers who are interested in this,but lack of dealership nearby is the concern. To me this product has more potential customers in tier 2/3 cities then metro and tier 1 cities.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:26   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Features I liked
  1. The car is Huge, tall and seriously Butch
  2. Hardly any engine noise crept into the cabin. Excellent Insulation
  3. AC was pretty effective and also has the option to block any vent
  4. front Seats are comfortable and have long travel as well
  5. Rear Seats can seat 3 comfortably
  6. There is ISO Fix
  7. Rear Seats fold 60-40 creating additional space
  8. Doors are solid and feel heavy
  9. Footstep is compact
  10. Tyres look and feel Huge MRF - ZVRL - 245/70 R16. I was initially looking to upgrade to 17" or 18" if possible but did not feel the need
  11. Alloys are 16" with 6 spoke as shown in the pics above. SA was not sure about the upgrade options though
  12. Auto Fold mirrors are a convenient feature
  13. Steering Controls for audio system as well a phone connectivity
  14. Touch screen audio System. Did not see the rear cam but that will be a really useful feature to have in the beginning till one gets used to the size
  15. Awesome visibility all around
  16. Dead Pedal is Conveniently placed. that should be present in all cars irrespective of their cost
  17. Love the loading bay. Door for the loading bay is heavy. goes flat when opened
  18. One can stand on the rear bumper and get into the loading bay
  19. Height adjustable seat belts
  20. Big Storage similar to Innova between driver and passenger seats. Lots of slots all around with felt lining
  21. MID displays range/mileage/4H/4L/temperature etc.
iHad a log chat with the RSM of Isuzu, as per info provided by him,

Point #9 & #14: Sidestep's / Footstep's, Touchscreen Audio System and Rear Parking camera+system will not be part of the standard accessories being offered for Rs 12,38,700 (ex-showroom Chandigarh).

These accessories will be provided on extra payment.

If anyone has any other solid info, please share.
Mudcat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 17:36   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I booked the V Cross yesterday after seeing it in person. Brown Colour was on Display which feels more of maroon.
Congrats on your booking indian21r. What colour have you decided.
I see that the website is now updated with the colours and other specifications.

Edit : Found the Brown colour variant pics posted by Jeep_Girl here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ml#post3957399

Last edited by uday.ere : 10th May 2016 at 17:43.
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 23:09   #142
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic looking machine. Butch looks, Japanese reliability and mouth-watering price. What more can one ask for? They need to spawn more dealerships asap. If one is not to keen on 7-seater lay-out, one may skip Fortuner and pick this up at less than half the price. In black, with 13/14inch deep dish chrome bowl wheels shod with fat, high-profile rubber, it would look real menacing.
Old 11th May 2016, 08:11   #143
Senior - BHPian

One observation or a joke with regards to the brochure. It is totally not what most of the owners of this vehicle are going to be doing like kayaking, cycling in the thar or climbing a mountain.

Would have been more original if they posted bunch of boys having a party on the rear deck, or a farmer carrying a bunch of goat to his farm or a man using it to ferry noisy children to school while the bags are thrown in the rear boot

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 09:11   #144
KMT
BHPian

I just saw loads of these V Cross Pickups in Bangkok along with the new Fortuner and new Pajero Sport, the Fortuner looks much better than both the Isuzu and Pajero.
Old 11th May 2016, 09:59   #145
BHPian

Looks amazing. Couldn't find information about the dimensions and storage capacity of the pick-up bay?
Old 11th May 2016, 10:08   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Looks amazing. Couldn't find information about the dimensions and storage capacity of the pick-up bay?
From the official brochure:

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th May 2016 at 10:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 10:15   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
One observation or a joke with regards to the brochure. It is totally not what most of the owners of this vehicle are going to be doing like kayaking, cycling in the thar or climbing a mountain.
Maddy,

Infact what attracted me to the Isuzu was that I can carry my cycles comfortably

Well apart from that it is about going to remote location and sleeping under the stars

Color and decision to close the purchase will be finalized after the test drive. Only If it is not too comfortable for babies, Duster AWD will be the alternative
Old 11th May 2016, 11:01   #148
BANNED

It seems Isuzu has silently removed the touchscreen infotainment system from the standard fitment list. The old brochure listed this as part of vehicle, but the new one doesn't show this. Its really absurd that the steering mounted audio controls are a standard fitment but not the audio itself. Isuzu should have given this as standard. Isuzu, it seems is gauging market response before actual launch and based upon interest of general public and bookings received, will add or remove features. That is probably also the reason it seems, for these delay tactics being resorted to by Isuzu.
I can get an audio system installed from after market but its integration to steering audio mounted controls could be an issue.
Old 11th May 2016, 11:30   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Is the v cross available on display across showrooms countrywide ? In gurgaon it's not available on display. Not sure if I have made a correct decision booking one in gurgaon. Though the registration of vehicles above 2.5L engines is banned here, not sure if the sale is banned too.
Sale is not banned as the new Endeavour can be purchased here but not registered @ Gurgaon. Have seen a few on the road registered at "UK 07" or even "HP 03"

Old 11th May 2016, 12:22   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
LINK
The car is made in AP, and surprisingly the capital city (Vijayawada / Amaravathi) misses getting a dealership . I see that Mahavir Auto is present in Vijayawada (as a Skoda dealer), not sure why they opted out of setting up a dealership in the city.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 11th May 2016 at 12:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks