Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 14:58   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Honestly , NO , multiple reasons - foremost commercial number plates with many restrictions on places I can't take at a particular time to ban on entry in Delhi for Diesel ones & yes without load you do feel the bumps from rear as if you are riding a camel -ok bit exaggerated - more like if you sit on roof of a bus ( have you ever ) never felt overseas while driving such trucks so perhaps V-Cross which is aimed at personal segment should behave differently.
From the size point of view, can this be an everyday ride? Yes, I agree V Cross should be a little different since it's aimed at personal segment, but since I have never driven a Pickup truck, I am inquisitive about how it could be.

Quote:
will depend on your better half in my opinion , once the demo starts next month , take her and your kid on an extended drive.
I hope I get a better half who likes something like this or she won't be my better half And Oh the 3 I was talking about were my mother, father and me.

Also just figured, the one coming to India comes with the 6 spoke 16 inch alloys where as the one available outside are 17 inchers with 5 spoke. Now I like the 17 inchers better after looking at the pictures in the link below.

Here check this out

--> http://www.caradvice.com.au/408221/2...ab-ute-review/

Compare this with the picture posted here, those 16 inchers look too small.

Also the rear chrome on the bumper looks very very nice, compared to the Indian version which gets a black plain bumper.

Anyway all this can be sourced ?

Last edited by humyum : 13th May 2016 at 15:03.
Old 13th May 2016, 15:07   #182
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
found this interesting link at Ironman 4x4 facebook page

http://www.carsome.com.au/news/item/...An-Isuzu-D-Max
This is one brilliant article to convince article my better half.

Point No. 6 is what created the interest in me to buy the Pick up

Quote:
6. They’re the Men of the Outdoors

Be swept off your feet and taken away from your repetitive life in the concrete jungle into a life of unpredictable adventure. A man that drives an Isuzu D-max is a man that is one with nature. He runs his hands through your hair like the waves of the ocean, holds you close like colliding mountains and if you’re afraid of getting sand in your shorts, lay next to him on the back of his pick-up and watch the stars shine through the night.

Looks like we are going to miss Infotainment system. If any external player is compatible with the steering mounted control, it should be good.
indian21r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 18:33   #183
BHPian

Surely nobody is considering the V-Cross as a daily commute vehicle? Most of the urban SUV buyers, buy their vehicles for the macho look but are also happy with their Ecoports and Cretas which aren't really much wider, longer than the regular urban hatchbacks and sedans.

I can see this having serious resistance in the family and ony appealing to customers genuinely interested in a utility vehicle thathas to also ferry goods. Large SUV fns wh use it as a daily vehicle, primarily do so for its butch looks. While the V-Cross has that, it is also not designed for our crowded, narrow city roads, especially the challenges with the length. I'd imagine this might have larger appeal in the smaller towns / villages though.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 01:14   #184
BHPian

I was shared the below list of accessories/packages that will be available soon. Most of it are as seen on the Motown India review vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-image.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-image-3.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-image-2.jpg  

charan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 09:22   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Isuzu has set up shop in SEZ (Special Economic Zone). Only those manufacturing units set up shop in SEZ who intend to export their entire production. Because goods manufactured in SEZ but cleared into domestic market attract Basic Customs Duty in addition to excise duty, as though cars were imported into India. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Customs duty on import of cars is as high as 125 %, in addition to 24 % excise duty. Now how is Isuzu selling this car at 12.86 lakhs inspite of paying excise duty AND customs duty? Or, have they been granted some customs duty waiver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No, its not like this. SEZ means that you can import equipment(eg computers) duty free. Its like a bonded warehouse that nothing can go out. What is made in the SEZ will attract same taxes and duties as normal stuff, unless govt has given a specific tax holiday. For example HP gave tax holiday for 10 years to manufacturing plants setup in Baddi.
I don't know much about the SEZ, custom duties or different tax structures. But below info from local Telugu newspaper can give some clarity on this.

Sri City is spread over 7,500 acres. Out of this SriCity SEZ is in 2,500 acres is which will have export based units.

Remaining 5,000 acres is under domestic tariff zone which is for companies want to cater for domestic market.
sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 13:38   #186
BHPian

It would have been nice if the V-Cross could be serviced at GM service centers in cities where there are no Isuzu dealerships. It could solve some of their "reach" problems in the short term.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 14:19   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Compare this with the picture posted here, those 16 inchers look too small.
Actually, even 16 inchers are tooo big. SUVs should have very small deep dish chrome-rim shod with huuuge sidewall tyres. Pls see pic below. Low profile tyres are for sports cars and sedans. Not for SUVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I

Remaining 5,000 acres is under domestic tariff zone which is for companies want to cater for domestic market.[/b]
Ok, that is it then. They must have parked themselves in the domestic tariff area.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-deep-dish.jpg  

pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 20:39   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
I was shared the below list of accessories/packages that will be available soon. Most of it are as seen on the Motown India review vehicle.
Thanks for the share. This seems to confirm that the ICE unit will be an option and not standard. This is disappointing, considering they have done most of the hard work like steering mounted controls as standard. I expect a vast majority of customers will go for this option.

Most urban customers will get the Dbox package also, which seems to be a must-have to protect the truck and use the bed for practical, lockable storage space. The package seems to be good value at the discounted "100 year offer" price point. So in effect, most customers will shell out an ex-showroom purchase price of 13.89 Lacs versus 12.49 Lacs, considering they will end up opting for these two must have accessories.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 20:48   #189
KMT
BHPian

84 Monsoon, I reckon providing more features as dealer addons is a sensible move.
This way people do not have to pay 20% Roadtax on accessories.
This way, the ex-showroom price stays low and people can opt for the accessory package they want.
Old 16th May 2016, 01:20   #190
BHPian

2 lacs (approx) accessories kit with that ugly beige seat covers is a definite no-no for me. Was hell bent on convincing my wifey to agree on buying the pickup truck if it was priced around 15 lacs all inclusive as thought initially before visiting the showroom!
Old 16th May 2016, 05:31   #191
Senior - BHPian

Great option. Unfortunately am abroad till the 24tj. Will try and get the payment of the advance through to the JMD Mumbai. Hopefully the Ice (DVDs are now fossils) can be switched with another compatible model with GPS and one doesn't have to go with the show roll bars at the end as would need to put real deal roll bars. 15.5L is mouthwatering, considering what the extra 2 L will buy you in the open market. Can't wait !!
Old 16th May 2016, 10:59   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmitr13 View Post
Can you please offer little more clarity to the old price? Is there a price revision already?

Inquired the Trident Bangalore guys, it's awful to note that the ICE is not part of the package, comes with just the steering controls.

I am told that Isuzu has not finalized the accessories (bid liners et al) and the ICE, might know in a week or 2.

Delivery is sometime in Sep or Oct.
Looks like the launch price is only for a small number of vehicle.
Price has been increased between 5 - 10%, showroom is non committal on the original ex.showroom price.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:03   #193
BHPian

Is isuzu offering a lid for the bed? I love my Pajero to death and am seriously depressed that I can't buy another one, and want to preserve its life. I can buy this and use it most of the time and leave the pajero parked more often, but a lot will depend on whether I can get a high quality lid for the bed so that the stuff I throw in there stays dry on roadtrips.

if Isuzu offers a truck bed lid of good quality as an aftermarket accessory, it'll be very hard to resist buying one.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:12   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Is isuzu offering a lid for the bed?
Yes, its an optional accessory.

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-2-10.jpg
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-2-9.jpg
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-2-7.jpg
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-2-8.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...x-v-cross.html
Karthik Chandra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 16:09   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I love my Pajero to death and am seriously depressed that I can't buy another one
Have you driven the new Endeavour ? If not I will suggest you to try one , chances are you will let your Pajero go after driving this . Perhaps suspension is not good as Pajero which can be changed with some aftermarket shocks.

Quote:
if Isuzu offers a truck bed lid of good quality as an aftermarket accessory
It should be good , but don't go by package prices here. Isuzu has given only very few kits ( less than 5 to each ) at these rates.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th May 2016 at 16:11.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks