Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 09:59   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

There is this eerie silence from Isuzu on the DMax. I checked with the Chennai dealer and they have not yet received the test drive vehicle with the standard production specs. They have close to 50 booking however no word from the company on when the test drive vehicles will be available and when the first shipments would happen. A full list of accessories is also not available. The first lot of delivery was supposed to take place by end June/early July, however it does not look as though things are on track.
Old 14th June 2016, 12:54   #272

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

It's on track as per Bangalore dealership. Today got a message from them stating Test Drive vehicle will be available from 17th Jun and they will give delivery of vehicle by 2nd week of July
Old 14th June 2016, 15:56   #273

Test drove the vehicle in Gurgaon last Sunday. Well organised by the paramount motors. Quite a lot of interest shown. A few more bookings. Happy that we booked it verbally last year with the delivery of our Dmax with the Isuzu bosses. Its a great vehicle. We are getting our hands on the V cross next month.

V cross is a bit sluggish than the Dmax but has got all the bell and whistles.

Mod Note: Please avoid more than 2 smilies.

Last edited by ampere : 14th June 2016 at 16:27. Reason: "-" is not a full stop. Please use proper punctuation.
markstewart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 15:44   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Isuzu seem to have updated the brochure on their site, adding technical specifications and changing the colors shown.

http://isuzudmaxvcross.in/pdf/ISUZU-...t-Brochure.pdf

Earlier, they had a plum shade and a dark blue shade of exterior color shown (must be the international version of the brochure). But no I see they have changed this to the brown shade and the black shade.

However, I see they have left eh interior upholstery color as black int he updated brochure. I hope this is an indication that black will be an option for the interiors, unlike the demo cars seen so far.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 18:17   #275
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

How much more to make it a proper 7 seater? I see a huge potential for a 7 seater version which can give xuv a good competition with its very good pricing and excellent interiors.
Old 19th June 2016, 18:30   #276
BANNED

This is the same brochure for the past 2 months atleast. Blue and plum colors were never an option in India. The only change they did to the brochure was adding colors and removing audio system from the list but even that was around 1 month back.
But one thing that needs to be admitted is that, the way Isuzu is doing these market study activities, by first launching bookings for a product with unconfirmed features/technical specifications, then deleting audio system, not making any display/test drive vehicles available, making accessories available to personal friends at discounted rates, making accessories available to regular customer in packages at inflated price tags, is turning off or starting to turn off many people.
To this date there is no list of detailed features list uploaded on website or brochures, no ARAI certified FE, no accessories list, no production spec vehicle available for display, etc. Even the test drive activity arranged for prospective customers last week in gurgaon, was a hush hush affair.
I wonder whats going on at Isuzu.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 21:17   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates on the Vcross Facebook group says that delivery vehicles have started arriving - two delivery vehicles and one test drive vehicle arrived at the Kochi dealership apparently. The photos posted show impeccable interior quality - seems a step further up from the trial production vehicles seen so far. The person who posted also confirms touch screen entertainment system is part of standard equipment.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 20th June 2016 at 21:19.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 15:53   #278
BHPian

I got a call today from my SA at Isuzu Hyderabad asking me to take a test drive of the production car. They have Black and White Colours on Display. They will be able to deliver if I confirm the colour mostly by 1st Week if all the formalities are completed.
Old 22nd June 2016, 00:34   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Updates on the Vcross Facebook group says that delivery vehicles have started arriving - two delivery vehicles and one test drive vehicle arrived at the Kochi dealership apparently. The photos posted show impeccable interior quality - seems a step further up from the trial production vehicles seen so far. The person who posted also confirms touch screen entertainment system is part of standard equipment.
Please would you share the link to the Facebook photos ?
Old 25th June 2016, 16:38   #280
BHPian

Today I have visited Trident Isuzu Bangalore. They have a test drive vehicle available (silver color), which is yet to get registration. So only very short test drive was offered in the near by locality.

I could not find any negatives, except the rear seat is not as comfortable as Safari (or XUV) which I considered them earlier for purchase.

Finally today I have made booking (Rs. 50K) for brown color. I was told to expect delivery around October.

Regarding accessories, I was told 100yr package from Isuzu costs around 1.75L for boot lid, side step and chome package. ICE seem to be extra.
Old 26th June 2016, 07:08   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Mohan, was the test drive vehicle a final production spec vehicle? The earlier test drives were offered on a pre-production spec version from. Trial runs. Also, could you comment on the driving experience compared to XUV etc.
This is indeed a steep bill for accessories.
Old 26th June 2016, 08:11   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Mohan, was the test drive vehicle a final production spec vehicle?
Yes, the test drive vehicle is a final production one. I had seen earlier display vehicle at Bangalore showroom, which had plastic door pads. Now, on this vehicle it is having a better quality pads.

Quote:
could you comment on the driving experience compared to XUV etc.
I had a very short test drive (~1KM) that too inside a residential colony. So, only 1st, 2nd and reverse gears are used. I didnt find turbo lag, as others commented torque is linear. I personally felt driving comfort is better than XUV (drove friends 2014 XUV in long drives).
I did not sit in 2nd row during driving, my wife complained that there is more body roll, compared to Safari.
mohanaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 12:41   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Mohan.

I believe deliveries have started across the country. I wonder when Isuzu plans to release the full specifications and invite the media for test drives. I am not sure if team bhp will test it. Moderators, any views?

What is somewhat frustrating is the most of the key specifications are still unavailable. e. g. turning radius, fuel tank capacity, interior dimensions, etc are not known. I wish Isuzu would buck up and release the full spec sheet. The international models have a fuel tank that has a capacity of 76 liters. Given the high fuel efficiency of the Isuzu VGS turbo engine, this should give the vehicle an excellent range maybe over 1000 km highway cruising on a tank of gas!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 19:25   #284
BHPian

I visited Trident Isuzu earlier today. They have the production version on display. As mentioned by Mohan it was a very short test drive around the block. Indeed felt like a heavy vehicle driving. Very minimal engine noise, gear throw was on the heavier side. Shaft was a little longer than that of XUV. braking was excellent. Shifting was smooth although the throw was long. Was a bit bumpy and I could feel the body roll but its just as much as in the new Scorpio. This was as expected for a vehicle this long. Finally, manoeuvring in the corners was surprisingly easy, even in the narrow lanes, didn't feel the bulk or the length of the vehicle. Scorpio/Safari/XUV drivers will feel at home. This is good news for those who plan to use this as a daily vehicle.

I did not see much of a difference between the production/pre-production models except the plastic door panelling in the sides. Please see picture below. Accessory list, pricing yet to be published. Upholstery remains beige. The grey/beige combination was not going well at all IMO.

I have heard ARB, IronMan and Carryboy retailers are expecting Canopies and related accessories around the delivery time. One of them have mentioned an approx price of 1.6L+tax for a Canopy. Looks apart, I think i'd invest on one for weather and security reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-20160626_1547170.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-20160626_153504.jpg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-20160626_153603.jpg  

Last edited by charan : 26th June 2016 at 19:29.
charan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 07:19   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post

I have heard ARB, IronMan and Carryboy retailers are expecting Canopies and related accessories around the delivery time. One of them have mentioned an approx price of 1.6L+tax for a Canopy. Looks apart, I think i'd invest on one for weather and security reasons.
Thank you Charan for the details. Can you please mention the details of the retailers (especially in Bangalore). I am interested in exploring the options they have.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks