Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:54   #346
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Pursuant to the discovery of a purported case of a Vcross delivered last week by Krishna Motors, Chandigarh, having ECU trouble and consequent non starting of the vehicle, the members can find the details of the problem and updates
The aforementioned problem has been efficiently managed by Isuzu to the complete satisfaction of the owner. Without any charge whatsoever to him. Members can find the update here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post4020024
mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 14:15   #347
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Finally got the Delivery today more pictures little later. Not sure if chrome on rear light's look good, was part of package so got everything installed at the moment. Tyres changed to Yoko - Geolander.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-11.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-1.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-whatsappimage20160724.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th July 2016 at 14:21.
Turbanator is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 14:25   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Finally got the Delivery today more pictures little later. Not sure if chrome on rear light's look good, was part of package so got everything installed at the moment. Tyres changed to Yoko - Geolander.

Congrats! That's a great looking car. Tremendous road presence! Looks smashing in Black! All the best and drive safe!
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 14:37   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations buddy. She's a stellar black beauty! Looks brilliant!!

Do post pictures of your stereo when you install your 4100 NEX.

The Yoko is a good sensible upgrade. Did you opt for H/T's or A/T's?

Buckle up and enjoy the ride
mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 22:39   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! and wish you a happy ownership. It looks beautiful.

What is the price difference you paid for Yoko - Geolander?
mohanaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 22:52   #351
Team-BHP Support

came to Gurgaon from Chandigarh, some initial observations

1 The engine is not free revving and gets loud even at low RPMs. Some strange jerk's when I accelerate or deaccelerate and very occasional - kind of a misfire. Definitely, makes more noise when cold & will need running in. D-Max was much faster and smoother if I recollect, will drive again and update. Isuzu should have launched this with 3,0 Ltr engine given the targeted audience in my opinion. If we drive at 1500-1800 RPM mileage is over 15 Kmpl

2 Very less body roll and nice suspension - now contrary to feedback from other's I found negligible body roll and supple suspension - far better than my new endeavour from the driver seat. Will try endeavour tomorrow again and re-confirm. On the 4 laned highway, it just sticks with road and the ride is very planted. One can change lanes with confidence again better than what I can do in the new endeavour.

3 Seats need more cushioning and lumbar support is missed. Looks I will have to find some local guy to do better cushioning. Perhaps Isuzu should not have saved here.

Definitely a big Head Turner - probably one of it's kind on India roads

Quote:
Did you opt for H/T's or A/T's?
A/T , in my opinion H/T on such UV does not make sense.

Quote:
What is the price difference you paid for Yoko - Geolander?
24 K , new ones are for 11 and they paid 5 k for the OEM - MRF. These are with Invvoice, direct import ( smuggled ) are 1000-2000 cheaper.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th July 2016 at 23:03.
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 00:29   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Turbonator, a few questions:

1. what size are the tires?
2. When do the jerks occur, in lower gears or higher? Do you think it is a fault to be fixed by Isuzu?
3. What is the experience on acceleration compares to the new endeavor? I am not sure if you have the 2.2 or 3.2 endeavor.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 25th July 2016 at 00:34.
Old 25th July 2016, 08:31   #353
BHPian

Quote:

1 The engine is not free revving and gets loud even at low RPMs. Some strange jerk's when I accelerate or deaccelerate and very occasional - kind of a misfire. Definitely, makes more noise when cold & will need running in. D-Max was much faster and smoother if I recollect, will drive again and update.

3 Seats need more cushioning and lumbar support is missed. Looks I will have to find some local guy to do better cushioning. Perhaps Isuzu should not have saved here.
Thank you for this mini ownership review. Will help the test if us understand the vehicle better.

Firstly, to your mind, are the jerks in the engine and the occasional misfiring an issue with new diesel engines in this class (I've never owned a diesel before) which smoothen out as the engine munches miles or do you reckon this is some sort of an engine issue which Isuzu needs to address?

Secondly,Is the lack of lumbar support over a long-ish drive serious enough to be an issue? Do you reckon seat covers can solve the issue or does one need to get the seats taken out and padded adequately. I'm ignorant of how to go forward with it. Would appreciate if you can keep us posted on how you solve this comfort-issue, going forward.

Feels good to know the highway ride is more planted than a car that costs almost thrice as much @ endeavour.

Many thanks!
Old 25th July 2016, 09:12   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When do the jerks occur, in lower gears or higher?
Quote:
are the jerks in the engine
This might have to do something with A/C compressor getting cut off and re-engaging, there's a coupling which makes a little noise and also there is a change in RPM when I checked on standstill today. My office driver also confirmed similar behaviour of our old DMax. I will recheck today without A/C and also on Dmax and update. I don't think there will be any problem , just a different experience.
Quote:
smoothen out as the engine munches miles
it's always a good idea to have a proper running-in of all engines. I believe around 1000 Km should be enough. We need to keep RPM's in the range between 2000-3,000. There is a sticker in the engine bay with valve clearance value which probably will be checked and maintained at service, unlike newer engines which uses hydraulic tappets.

Quote:
Is the lack of lumbar support over a long-ish drive serious enough to be an issue?
I might not be the best person to answer this given my physical fitness and the comforts from the other cars that I own. But I am surely missing Lumbar support. Don't know if this can be added.

Quote:
Do you reckon seat covers can solve the issue or does one need to get the seats taken out and padded adequately
No ,seat covers alone won't help. We will need to get this padded. I will check some other threads for feedback on possible options in NCR and will surely get these done.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th July 2016 at 09:15.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 11:48   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Sirji. Looks awesome and wish you thousands of happy miles with the beast. Looking forward to the ownership review now.

BTW, on my way back from Chandigarh yesterday, I happened to see a V-Cross which arrived and parked next to my beast. So I took some pics for size comparison. I have to say Isuzu has very good road presence. The owner was a sikh gentleman and I had a quick word with him and gave him a on his choice. He spoke very well of the vehicle and I found the fit and finish to be top notch!

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_2012.jpg

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-img_2010.jpg
Ace F355 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 12:51   #356
BHPian

Quote:

If we drive at 1500-1800 RPM mileage is over 15 Kmpl
Thanks for the details.

Are the tires upgraded to 275/70R16? If so, there is a difference of 5.6%. Then is above mileage calculation after considering the difference in the circumference?

My question is because I heard some dealerships are upgrading tire size to 275/70R16. If so, do they also consider the errors in odometer, mileage and service interval calculations. Otherwise the numbers go slightly different.
Old 25th July 2016, 16:08   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
..So I took some pics for size comparison. I have to say Isuzu has very good road presence..
The V-cross in stock condition itself looks very 'comfortable' in appearance by the side of the Ironman-kitted Fortuner. With a bit of lift, an offroad bumper, snorkel and M/T tyres it would be even more imposing. The side by side pics do give a better idea about the size of V-cross for those like me who are yet to see this in reality. If the 2000 cc ban gets lifted, i am sure there would be some good numbers of V-cross in NCR roads.
Kandisa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 16:23   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
The V-cross in stock condition itself looks very 'comfortable' in appearance by the side of the Ironman-kitted Fortuner. With a bit of lift, an offroad bumper, snorkel and M/T tyres it would be even more imposing. The side by side pics do give a better idea about the size of V-cross for those like me who are yet to see this in reality. If the 2000 cc ban gets lifted, i am sure there would be some good numbers of V-cross in NCR roads.
Completely agree. Here is an example of how good (& scary ) this thing can look when kitted properly like you mentioned in your post. I expect to see huge demands of Ironman and ARB & likes once people realize V-Cross's mod potential.

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-isuzu-dmax-xrunner.jpg

Pic Source: [Ironman AUS]
Ace F355 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 16:44   #359
bhp
BHPian

Some pictures of the beast at RFC 2016.

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1469445171.370760.jpgIsuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1469445187.292324.jpg
bhp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 17:23   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I expect to see huge demands of Ironman and ARB & likes once people realize V-Cross's mod potential.
With my limited run on this car, I think it will be a bit let down by the smaller engine & may not become a choice for off -roaders . I drove our office DMax today , even though Dmax and V cross shares similar engine and V Cross should have better insulation, D-Max makes less sound & is much faster and nimble.

Can this be due to local assembly ? I can already see some parts - like this radiator made by TATA - Toyo as against Thailand origin parts on Dmax ?

Quote:
The V-cross in stock condition itself looks very 'comfortable' in appearance by the side of the Ironman-kitted Fortuner.
Equally good with endeavour as well. I think with rear canopy this car becomes too menacing
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160725-5.20.02-pm.png  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160725-4.33.27-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th July 2016 at 17:30.
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks