Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 19:24   #406
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post

If you thought the cabin is silent in a stock vehicle, you need to listen to my truck with the double dampening on the doors. Sooper silent, specially in 4th and 5th gear and gives that boost for the component
Curious to know how this double dampening works? Is it just behind door panels as in what pro stereo installers do with STP and similar materials. Or are there additional areas of the vehicle where dampening material is used ie underbody, under bonnet etc?

I do find the cabin a tad noisy upto the fourth gear and once I receive delivery it would be great if i can get it treated similarly to lower NVH levels further.

Thank you!
Old 18th August 2016, 19:33   #407
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You have fairly described challenges for Isuzu. But where are photos of your truck? or are you still awaiting delivery?
Fingers crossed for the 29th of this month! Two and half months after I booked it. Onto the last lap now. And the last two weeks demand the most patience as we all know! Ironically, though I'm still awaiting delivery,have started a pan India group which has swelled from 2-30 people in a span of a month and a half and of the Chandigarh lot I'm the only one without having gotten delivery yet. But good things come to those who wait
Old 18th August 2016, 19:40   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it just behind door panels as in what pro stereo installers do with STP and similar materials
Yes, it's same, even I have got but I am not sure if there is any reduction perhaps you can check mine when I am at the showroom.But this definitely helps in your audio setup.

Quote:
Or are there additional areas of the vehicle where dampening material is used ie underbody, under bonnet etc?
The installer at Delhi did suggest me under bonnet, but I didn't opt maybe hondaism has.

Quote:
Fingers crossed for the 29th of this month! Two and half months after I booked it.
that's long, any special colour that you are interested or is it just for everything these days?

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th August 2016 at 19:42.
Old 18th August 2016, 22:02   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's same, even I have got but I am not sure if there is any reduction perhaps you can check mine when I am at the showroom.But this definitely helps in your audio setup.

The installer at Delhi did suggest me under bonnet, but I didn't opt maybe hondaism has.

that's long, any special colour that you are interested or is it just for everything these days?
At the time of booking Pushpdeep had informed me it would take approximately two months so I was mentally prepared. He did offer me an earlier delivery a month down the line but I opted for the regular delivery date as I was undecided about accessories & was a little apprehensive about the jerk issue that's been reported on some vehicles. However, with Isuzu displaying intent to resolve the issue, that didn't bother me so much. Also need to sell one of the hatchbacks to get a parking spot, so just decided to opt out of accelerated delivery.

It'll be great if I can check your Vcross next time you visit the dealership. Appreciate the offer, thank you! I don't know if I'm allowed to post my number here, so will just PM you my number and perhaps you could buzz me whenever you're going to be at the dealership.

Once Hondaism replies, I plan to get the same kind of treatment done. Perhaps it's because I've never driven a diesel before, I find the cabin noise slightly annoying. Just curious why you didn't get under bonnet dampening?
Old 18th August 2016, 22:22   #410
BHPian

Dear BHPians, we are planning to purchase the D-Max V-Cross in a month's time but still between two minds. Could any knowledgeable BHPians tell me whether it would be possible to fit a fiberglass canopy on the V-Cross? We are planning to purchase it from Kolkata Dealership so if anyone could tell me where we could purchase one and fit it, I'd appreciate it a lot. We are planning to travel from my town upto Kolkata and then drive it back home to Assam. Thank you
Old 18th August 2016, 22:35   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It'll be great if I can check your Vcross next time you visit the dealership
Sure, I will let you know when I return to Chandigarh.

Quote:
Just curious why you didn't get under bonnet dampening?
I believe it already has some from the factory and I wasn't present during installation so was sceptical about buying such a thing without checking first-hand.

Quote:
whether it would be possible to fit a fibreglass canopy on the V-Cross?
Any specific reasons you are specifically looking for fibreglass? It may not appear visually nice probably. Won't know anyone but you can try someone who makes soft tops for Thar.

http://canopyking.com/shop/elite-isuzu-2013-dcab/

http://www.es4x4accessories.com/inde...4#openproducts

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th August 2016 at 22:36.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:58   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific reasons you are specifically looking for fibreglass? It may not appear visually nice probably.
Thank you for the links Turbanator and actually no specific requirements. To be honest, me and my dad are clueless when it comes to the accessories to be fitted on the V-Cross. We never bought a car like this before.

Dad wanted to buy the hydraulic bed liner cover that comes with the dealer, but as we would be using it to haul a lot of chemicals and laboratory equipment, I suggested that it would be better to fit a canopy on the truck so that water doesn't seep in and damage the chemicals or any other materials we may be carrying. Also, I thought that we might be able to carry more if we fitted a canopy instead.

The funny part is, both my dad and me have no idea where to purchase one from. Though the Kolkata Dealer did tell us that he could have one made locally and fitted there.

Is it possible to purchase from es4x4 accessories and have them deliver the product till Kolkata? Or would it be better to have the Dealer make it locally and fit it? We're both confused on this point.
Old 19th August 2016, 02:07   #413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
we would be using it to haul a lot of chemicals and laboratory equipment, I suggested that it would be better to fit a canopy on the truck so that water doesn't seep in and damage the chemicals or any other materials we may be carrying. Also, I thought that we might be able to carry more if we fitted a canopy instead.
Water won't seep in the original carrier they sell but you may have problems due to height. I have not measured but you can check if the can you intend to carry will fit. I don't think you want to stack such cans. If height is indeed a problem than your option will be to find some canopies as you are trying. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone getting such accessories at least so soon, given the primary use of this vehicle here is a lifestyle than a carrier and you will have to get something made locally. They are also launching a 4 door D-Max and you might get more options in case 4x4 is not a must for you.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th August 2016 at 02:11.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 06:50   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Dear BHPians, we are planning to purchase the D-Max V-Cross in a month's time but still between two minds. Could any knowledgeable BHPians tell me whether it would be possible to fit a fiberglass canopy on the V-Cross? We are planning to purchase it from Kolkata Dealership so if anyone could tell me where we could purchase one and fit it, I'd appreciate it a lot. We are planning to travel from my town upto Kolkata and then drive it back home to Assam. Thank you
I believe you'll be able to buy a canopy from Azad 4×4 in Delhi. If you need, I'll pm you their number. I believe the canopy is a carryboy product (Thai/Australian company) which manufactures a lot of aftermarket accessories for Vcross and a bunch of other pick ups. To the best of my knowledge, the canopy had been priced by the importer in the region of 2L or thereabouts. Alternatively you could contact Zac who is the dealer for Ironman 4×4 (top quality Australian manufacturer) in India and extremely knowledgeable about all such mods. I believe he doesn't stock canopies bit will import them from Thailand/Australia in order.He's based out of Bangalore and imports a lot of Ironman accessories for the Vcross. There may be other importers/dealers as well. Apparently canopies cost less than half that amount in Thailand but the shipping, import duty and dealer margins inflate prices. You could also consider the possibility of importing the canopy in your individual capacity directly from the manufacturer in Thailand, if you know a reliable custom clearing agent.

Disclaimer: I have no financial or other connection with Zac or Azad nor am I endorsing anything they sell. Know of this as i was exploring a canopy fitment myself before I decided to go with a soft tonneau.
mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 07:58   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Water won't seep in the original carrier they sell but you may have problems due to height. I have not measured but you can check if the can you intend to carry will fit.
Thank you dear Turbanator. We were considering the crew cab version of the D-Max as well but the low GC deterred us from considering it. The Kolkata dealer has been calling us for a few days now asking us to come and collect the V-Cross. But we're still undecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
I believe you'll be able to buy a canopy from Azad 4×4 in Delhi. If you need, I'll pm you their number. I believe the canopy is a carryboy product (Thai/Australian company) which manufactures a lot of aftermarket accessories for Vcross and a bunch of other pick ups. To the best of my knowledge, the canopy had been priced by the importer in the region of 2L or thereabouts. Alternatively you could contact Zac who is the dealer for Ironman 4×4 (top quality Australian manufacturer) in India and extremely knowledgeable about all such mods
Hi there, Thank you for that. I actually E-mailed carryboy directly but it's been 7 days now. Yet to receive a reply from them. I think we'll probably have to settle for the bed liner cover that comes with the V-Cross as the OTR would come close to 17 Lakhs for us. Maybe it would be a better idea to purchase the V-Cross first and see what would be a better option.
Old 22nd August 2016, 08:49   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you dear Turbanator. We were considering the crew cab version of the D-Max as well but the low GC deterred us from considering it. The Kolkata dealer has been calling us for a few days now asking us to come and collect the V-Cross. But we're still undecided

Hi there, Thank you for that. I actually E-mailed carryboy directly but it's been 7 days now. Yet to receive a reply from them. I think we'll probably have to settle for the bed liner cover that comes with the V-Cross as the OTR would come close to 17 Lakhs for us. Maybe it would be a better idea to purchase the V-Cross first and see what would be a better option.
If you intended to carry loads, its better you buy a Xenon instead (the 115 bhp one). It will work out far cheaper. If you intended to use the Dmax as a lifestyle pickup and a chemical load carrier, it will not serve both adequately. Ideally pickup the Dmax for a lifestyle oriented 4x4, for some outdoor activity, light offroading, wildlife watching and the kinds. As a pure city ride, you may find it lacking especially in the ride and handling and surely in the parking department.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:58   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
If you intended to carry loads, its better you buy a Xenon instead (the 115 bhp one). It will work out far cheaper.
Could you provide me with links on Team-BHP regarding the reviews of this particular vehicle? And also the official website for this vehicle? Dad wanted to buy it, but the TATA tag scared him because of QC issues. He is of the opinion that Tata passenger vehicles aren't built well. Could you tell me whether all the niggles have been sorted out in the vehicle? Thank you
Old 22nd August 2016, 10:26   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He is of the opinion that Tata passenger vehicles aren't built well
I will agree with him. If you can find a Xenon, a small drive will be enough to run away from Tata dealership But don't buy V Cross if you want to use it majorly for commercial use.
Quote:
D-Max as well but the low GC deterred us from considering it.
A quick addition of an extra leaf spring will be enough, this is from my personal experience. So if lower GC is keeping you away, go-ahead without any reservations. The local dealer must have some vehicles with extra spring. I am not in town otherwise would have sent you photos.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:09   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you provide me with links on Team-BHP regarding the reviews of this particular vehicle? And also the official website for this vehicle? Dad wanted to buy it, but the TATA tag scared him because of QC issues. He is of the opinion that Tata passenger vehicles aren't built well. Could you tell me whether all the niggles have been sorted out in the vehicle? Thank you
I believe there was one review of it in our forum somewhere. Regarding Tata passenger cars I find my Storme built well and have no issues. Qc is getting better and 20+ k Tiago owners can't be wrong
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:00   #420
BHPian

Quote:
I will agree with him. If you can find a Xenon, a small drive will be enough to run away from Tata dealership But don't buy V Cross if you want to use it majorly for commercial use. A quick addition of an extra leaf spring will be enough...
I told him about this dear Turbanator and thankfully dad agreed. Normally he's very stubborn, but dad is telling me now that he might just go for the D-Max 4 Door Version and cancel the booking for the V-Cross. I told him that as we are going to be carrying huge and heavy loads, it doesn't make sense to buy the V-Cross that is essentially a lifestyle vehicle. I also told him about the extra leaf spring as well. Thank you for all the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I believe there was one review of it in our forum somewhere. Regarding Tata passenger cars I find my Storme built well and have no issues. Qc is getting better and 20+ k Tiago owners can't be wrong
Thank you dear apachelongbow, I've read the review. Regarding the Storme and Tiago as well, they're excellent vehicles IMHO. One of my relatives has bought a Tiago as well and is very happy with his purchase. I guess we'll do a TD of both the D-Max and the Xenon as well. Thank you for the helpful suggestions
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks