Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 22:13   #46

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

God that pickup just looks stunning! Saw it in the Auto Expo 2016 and was mesmerized with it. Wasn't sure they'd launch it so early though.

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-temp-1.jpg

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-temp-2.jpg

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-temp-3.jpg

can't wait to test drive and check out its interiors. I drove the Scorpio Getaway and the Xenon long back when they were launched and they felt like tractors with a truck bed!!

Not sure if you guys watched this serial "The Fall Guy" but i used to love the GMC Sierra pickup (actually a modified Class 1 monster truck) the hero Colt Seavers used to drive

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-temp-1-1.jpg

I have been in love with pickups ever since and it's thrilling to see us all getting a real lifestyle vehicle for the first time in India which 1) looks proportionate, 2) is well-built and 3) is maybe refined as quoted by fellow BHP-ians.

No information on modifications or accessories though
Old 30th April 2016, 06:45   #47
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

This car is going to establish Isuzu as a new market leader in the country. If they manage to have a decent ASS, I think the sales of the Safari, XUV and Scorpio, Ecosport and TUV will be dented. The good thing is that because it has just 5 seats, Taxi operators would not be interested. Brand image would not suffer.
I found a complete review from a Malaysian site here. The verdict is that this car is as good as a Toyota Hilux, the gold standard for dependable lifestyle trucks.
It feels good to see a real SUV being launched in India after long years. Raised hatchbacks with plastic claddings being sold at a premium should also be worried, although parking concerns would prevent some people from buying the VCross.
Old 30th April 2016, 07:45   #48
BHPian

Guys,
Does this one has ABS? The website doesn't show it under "safety" list. I think it is not updated on the website as ABS is now "de-facto" on at least premium representing class.

Edit: It is present. I was looking at the mobile site which does not list the features in a tabular format. I had to tap on the wheel to see the ABS with EBD combo package. Now I will check out the vehicle further.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 30th April 2016 at 07:51.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 08:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Killer looks, Killer performance, ABS+EBD+BA+Dual Airbags+ISOFIX seats and finally killer pricing.

Isuzu should be working over-time to get those machines out on the road. This essentially should be the vehicle of choice for us, Indians.

The 12.5L pricing looks tempting but didn't they price the previously launched pickup similarly but wasn't allowed for private registration?

Hope that is not the case here as it seems a wonderful vehicle at a really great price.
Old 30th April 2016, 09:24   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched all 3 episodes of this and boy can this pickup move! Of course this is the 3L version with a whopping 380NM of torque but the indian version with the 2.5L and 340NM of torque should not be very far behind.

Check out the river crossing in the first episode. Would surely sign up in a jiffy for this kind of an adventure if isuzu is planning one post launch

procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 10:01   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Yup the MU-X is afterall the Chevy Trailblazer.
No it is not. They share the platform and a lot of parts but its not just badge engineering here. Engine, Suspension and lot of stuff is different, going by the review even the drive feel is different.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 10:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
It's already fully closed and with lock. That what the video showed at least.
No, as in cover/seal the luggage space with a provision to lock, so that one can leave their valuables behind.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:32   #53
BHPian

This could well be the start of a new segment. Not merely for the vehicle manufacturers but also for the small scale modification industry. Look what Thar did to that sector. Isuzu could further consolidate that sector. Tuners, Mod shops, tyre manufacturers,offroading equipment and camping equipment manufacturers, every one is going to be very pleased if this vehicle does well in the Indian market. The Indian SUV (excluding soft roaders) market hasn't had any competitions really in this segment. Hopefully it will also goad the Safaris and Scorpios to up the ante. For me i just can't wait to get my hands on this machine.
vibhavraghav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 11:44   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
No it is not. They share the platform and a lot of parts but its not just badge engineering here. Engine, Suspension and lot of stuff is different, going by the review even the drive feel is different.
Yup the drivetrain is different. Isuzu's 2.5 and 3.0 mated to 5speed gearbox are no match to the Trailblazer's stonking 2.8 mated to a 6 speed box, but are both the Isuzu engines are under-stressed designs and prove to be good workhorses besides they are built for the long run. As far as suspension goes, the components are the same just altered tuning. The Isuzu is a bit on the softer side. Interior is mostly the same in terms of ergonomics, layout, dashboard and seating. Apart from drive-train and suspension tuning, I don't see much of a difference between the two.
Old 30th April 2016, 11:59   #55
BHPian

Great truck for a great price. 15L required atleast a TD prior to purchase but at 12.5L im sold. Called up "Mr Manoj" for Isuzu Paramount and he confirms the 12.5 exshowroom + 50k booking amount.
However he says he can give a black vehicle only by end of June/Beginning July as he already has 35+ bookings in hand since 2 months! I find that a little hard to believe.
mkaysaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 12:10   #56
BHPian

Just called up Noida Isuzu showroom only to be tolf there's a may 15 expectation that the vehicles would arrive, no word on the initial allocation or the test drive, only told that a call back would be arranged and my details were noted down on my insistence.
Old 30th April 2016, 18:08   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Overall it is an excellent value for money package. Makes the Scoprio and Safari look waay too over priced. The only thing that worries me is the 6.3 meter turning radius. That is big and it is going to be a pain in the cities and crowded roads. Forget about taking a U - Turn in most Indian cities.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 19:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Overall it is an excellent value for money package. Makes the Scoprio and Safari look waay too over priced. The only thing that worries me is the 6.3 meter turning radius. That is big and it is going to be a pain in the cities and crowded roads. Forget about taking a U - Turn in most Indian cities.
Well the car is also practically american-sized. Floor space and seating is very accommodating. Sharing a relationship with General Motors means this quite literally a Japanese version of a MURICAN pick-up. Comes with a nice commanding stance to boot

Last edited by IshaanIan : 30th April 2016 at 19:11.
Old 30th April 2016, 20:10   #59
BHPian

It sad and surprising to see that no major auto mag or website covered the V-Cross launch. Team BHP is the only one place decent conversation happening. All these mags have time and space to cover sticker editions but not such a great car which could open up a new segment. The last such market changing product was Duster IMHO. Anyways, this shows the collective wisdom and intellect of Team BHP that is miles ahead. Cheers fellow BHP ians.
gkoneti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 20:26   #60
BHPian

Finally... a proper 4x4 from a Japanese manufacturer at an affordable price. TATA should worry. This vehicle is going to rock ... impatiently waiting for your review guys...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks