Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 16:43   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Great pricing by Isuzu

Though im a Toyota fanboy i want this car to do good & im sure it will sell well.

What this will do is open up a segment & more manufacturers will offer such pick ups for the Indian market
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
In a like fashion, the space between the Tata Super-Ace (and its equivalents) and the 407 is not so hot. Looks like the Isuzu is going to define what should fill it.
I doubt if people who use super ace / 407 and the target audience of d max V cross even overlap by 1%.
Ace/407 are strictly commercial vehicles - the isuzu here is a lifestyle vehicle.
And there are vehicles available to fill the gap between ace/407 - tata 207 / mahindra bolero pickup fulfills that role

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
I am quite excited about the D Max. I don't have the need for a pickup nor am I active in the local 4x4 scene in Chennai, but just the thought of driving around a badass pickup truck is getting me excited.

There are lots of Iron-man and ARB kits available for the D Max and can be a good off-roader expedition vehicle.
Not to mention the thought of all those pesky autos and Lane hogging 2 wheelers scampering away after seeing you in their mirrors.

I wonder how this truck will be to drive daily? Anyone here who uses their xenon or getaway as a daily driver?
Exact same thoughts here

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
What this will do is open up a segment & more manufacturers will offer such pick ups for the Indian market
Earnestly hope so !
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that people will buy this car have temporary seats for extra passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Though im a Toyota fanboy
Even I am.

Quote:

i want this car to do good & im sure it will sell well.
I hope so. The market for Pickups is real small. That's mainly because of the fact that we have choices from only Mahindra and Tata.

Quote:

Hopefully we'll see the Hilux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
So if the adventure V-cross is around 12.5 lakhs, it then reassures the fact that the Mu7 which is the Fortuner, Endeavour and Trailblazer competition will surely be priced around 15 lakhs as they were saying in the expo
Isn't MU-X the next generation product? That's the radical looking one sold in Australia. SUVs are big profit items- both for the government and the company. With heavy taxation and greed, don't expect the company to price it cheap.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 29th April 2016 at 17:24.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:30   #34
BHPian

Well, what a strike there!Absolutely killer pricing for a product which doesn't try to, but simply is a true SUV!

Didn't we just really need one after being subjected to a slew of outdated, disproportionate & ludicrous launches in the recent past, where just about almost every other car has aimed to be a wannabe SUV?!

The V-Cross with its solid construction, quality, Japanese reliability & durability, decent amount of kit & stupendous practicality at this price tag, is I think a bargain, when the market is readily paying in the similar ballpark for the pseudo examples out there.

Oh my heart's sold on this one!

Want to go cross country touring as well as arriving in style (butch) at work daily? Here's the answer!
forester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the overall dimensions and turning radius of this one? I did not find them on their official Indian site.
Old 29th April 2016, 17:49   #36
BHPian

I was thoroughly impressed after taking a short test drive of the earlier D-Max. The engine was a gem and it felt more like driving an Innova than a Tata Xenon. Though the cabin was basic, build quality was much better than the Tata's and Mahindras. I wished they had brought in a variant with 4x4 and basic safety kit of ABS/dual airbags. There were news back then that all CVs would have to need ABS as mandatory, however it didn't materialise.

Fast forward 1.5 years, kudos to Isuzu for bringing the current global generation of D-max trucks. The interiors of the V-cross seems more inviting than anything else in the segment. Basic creature comforts and safety kit - check. The original single space cab version was fun to drive, body roll was fairly controlled. The new V-cross sits higher (235mm GC vs the 195mm GC for the original space cab version). It would be interesting to see how this translates to driving dynamics. It is quite difficult for be seated in the rear bench of a Xenon XT due to the vertical backrests in particular, hopefully it is better with the D-Max. The rear legroom (from the pictures) definitely look better atleast.

A querry to OTR gurus: Does the 4x4 system in the D-Max employ a center differential also (like T-fort/Pajero), enabling it to drive in full time 4WD mode. Or is it similar to a setup in Scorpio/Safari Storme?

Sincerely wish this product to succeed and it is encouraging to see Isuzu taking Indian market seriously.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Does anyone know the overall dimensions and turning radius of this one? I did not find them on their official Indian site.
I believe the dimensions of the Australian spec D-Max UTEs should be applicable for V-Cross also. So that translates to 5295 x 1860 x 1785 mm overall length x width x height. Turning circle diameter of 12.6m.

Source: Isuzu D-Max Range Australia

Last edited by avinash_clt : 29th April 2016 at 18:09. Reason: Added reply to dimensions querry
avinash_clt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This would have been a perfect replacement for my Thar as a daily drive. However, I am a bit worried about the size of the vehicle since it is based on the Trailblaizer/MUZ, I assume it will be difficult to use in urban settings and on narrow/hilly roads.

Need to try out in person and then decide. There are no detailed specifications in the brochure or the website.
Old 29th April 2016, 18:56   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This would have been a perfect replacement for my Thar as a daily drive. However, I am a bit worried about the size of the vehicle since it is based on the Trailblaizer/MUZ, I assume it will be difficult to use in urban settings and on narrow/hilly roads.

Need to try out in person and then decide. There are no detailed specifications in the brochure or the website.
You can check out the dmax review. The dimensions of the V-cross are similar.
Old 29th April 2016, 19:51   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Does the 4x4 system in the D-Max employ a center differential also (like T-fort/Pajero), enabling it to drive in full time 4WD mode. Or is it similar to a setup in Scorpio/Safari Storme?
No, there is no center differential in V Max. It gets a electric shift on fly similar to Safari and Scorpio.

Other markets get a rear differential lock, which I guess will be deleted for India. Enthusiasts can however import the related parts(on their own) and can get it fitted.
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 20:34   #40
BHPian

This just shows how overpriced the Scorpio,fortuner and Innova are. This would've been my choice if i was picking up a SUV for 12L today. But i am not sure if it would do as well as everyone thinks, pickup trucks don't have a favourable image here. Anyway,hoping for the best and I wish I'm proved wrong. Finally a proper pick up truck that isn't a compromise!
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 20:48   #41
BHPian

Is there a 4x2 option? And any pointers to modification that can be done to luggage space? Like to make it fully closed, with locking mechanism et al.
Old 29th April 2016, 20:51   #42
BHPian

MU-X is based on this i guess. Can we expect Rs. 15L Ex for MU-X?

https://www.isuzuute.com.au/mu-x/overview.aspx

In a review, MU-X is being compared with Endeavour and Fortuner:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/431436/f...nissan-patrol/
Old 29th April 2016, 21:05   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

My daily drive is the Tank but I am already drooling and want to get my hands on this monster At 15L OTR, this would be total paisa vasool. Eagerly looking forward to the launch and some test drives.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 21:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
MU-X is based on this i guess. Can we expect Rs. 15L Ex for MU-X?
Never! The MU-X being based on the same platform does not mean there aren't a lot of differences. Rear suspension for one will be different and more expensive, strengthening for longer cabin room in case of side-impact crash tests will require more amounts of expensive steel, taxation laws on SUVs are different; they attract much more tax and in general they are viewed as a premium product. There is absolutely no way you will get to see the MU-X for 15L or anything under 20L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
In a review, MU-X is being compared with Endeavour and Fortuner:
Yup the MU-X is afterall the Chevy Trailblazer.

but can we expect the MU-X to be launched in India? If not do you think it is because maybe terms between GM and Isuzu don't permit it? If Isuzu begins local production of the MU-X, what could that mean for Chevrolet and its Trailblazer?
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 21:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Is there a 4x2 option? And any pointers to modification that can be done to luggage space? Like to make it fully closed, with locking mechanism et al.
It's already fully closed and with lock. That what the video showed at least.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks