Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 08:38   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Rudra looks like you are pretty impressed with the car. Hope I will be too. Eagerly waiting for the teams review. Hope it will be up quickly
I'm pretty impressed with the car, yes. It's a go anywhere, drive anywhere kind of car. Those who're interested in modifying this car for off road will also have enough to go with. Thailand is big market for huge modification and this car is popular there. If one is looking at occasional light off road outing, just footwear upgrade should be more than enough. Only issue is the physical size of the car I suppose.
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:57   #122
Senior - BHPian

Rdst: That imperio looks nice for the price but gosh did mahindra forget to design the rear end or what? Looks like a liftoff of one the the piagio ape or Tata ace and less like a lifestyle pikup.

Hope your confusion is solved soon though. Do take a drive in the Isuzu. As folks said its bullet proof which would help with low maintenance.

Maddy
Old 9th May 2016, 11:25   #123
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Went and saw the V-cross physically last evening. It is indeed a huge but impressive vehicle. The build quality is truly top notch.

Did a quick comparison of some of the largest vehicles in the market
Attached Images

Last edited by patron : 9th May 2016 at 11:26.
patron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 11:48   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I'm pretty impressed with the car, yes. It's a go anywhere, drive anywhere kind of car. Those who're interested in modifying this car for off road will also have enough to go with. Thailand is big market for huge modification and this car is popular there. If one is looking at occasional light off road outing, just footwear upgrade should be more than enough. Only issue is the physical size of the car I suppose.
Rudra Da,

Any news on when we can expect the TBHP review of the Isuzu DMax Vcross? I have seen the vehicle in the Auto Expo and was quite impressed by it , especially when considering the value for money equation when comparing it to the New Ford Endeavour which was displayed right across it in the Auto Expo!
Another challenge yet to be overcome in our buying decision is the ban on registration of vehicles greater than 2000cc in Delhi NCR (I am based at Gurgaon). If this ban continues, none of us will be able to buy proper SUVs !

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 9th May 2016, 14:06   #125
BANNED

Got one booked for myself today by paying a 50K deposit at paramount isuzu here in gurgaon. Regarding registration, they said that they will get it done through a broker, from outside NCR region by making a rent agreement of a particular non NCR city. As i own a house outside the NCR region, i will be spared from going through this rent agreement route. Plan to get the truck registered myself.
Eagerly awaiting now for the truck to get launched.
chaudh2s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 17:43   #126
Team-BHP Support

Isuzu has officially announced that it has started accepting bookings for the D-Max V-Cross. The company has also announced that the vehicle is priced at Rs. 12.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Chennai). Deliveries will commence in July 2016.

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-isuzu-dmax-vcross-indias-first-adventure-utility-vehicle-orchid-brown-.jpg

The V-Cross is manufactured at Isuzu's recently inaugurated manufacturing plant at Sri City, Andhra Pradesh. The vehicle was showcased for the first time at the 2016 Auto Expo in February this year.

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-isuzu-dmax-vcross-indias-first-adventure-utility-vehicle-titanium-silver.jpg

The Isuzu D-Max V-Cross is powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 134 BHP and 320 Nm of torque. It complies with BS-IV emission norms and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The vehicle comes with a shift-on-fly four-wheel drive system.

Isuzu has also announced the opening of the bookings for the new-generation D-Max Regular Cab pickup. This regular cab variant is a goods carrier and has to be registered as a commercial vehicle.
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 17:54   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Brochure scans of the D-Max V-Cross:

RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 19:15   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys.

There seems to be lots of conflicting reports about the regular DMax models, the ones that are not Vcross. While some had said that the regular double cab gets a detuned 75bhp, while others say that commercial one retains the 136bhp tune.

The website of Isuzu doesn't help either. It has only the Dmax Vcross and Mu7 on the model lineup. Some deft moves here and there will make you reach the old Dmax site that still shows the old model along with a tab for the Vcross.
http://www.isuzudmax.in/single-cab/overview/

But when i simply typed into the URL, just like the Vcross mini-site i happened to come across this website.
http://www.isuzu.in/dmax/

Which shows the single cab version of the new Dmax body s well as the old one, but no space cab (understandable) and no double cab either.
The engine still shows 136bhp, but the website doesn't seem to work as none of the tabs are working.

Last edited by DicKy : 9th May 2016 at 19:17.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 20:57   #129
BANNED

Is the v cross available on display across showrooms countrywide ? In gurgaon it's not available on display. Not sure if I have made a correct decision booking one in gurgaon. Though the registration of vehicles above 2.5L engines is banned here, not sure if the sale is banned too.
Old 9th May 2016, 21:49   #130
Senior - BHPian

Is it my eyes or the picture which Aaditya posted with those 2 colors has a 6 spoke alloy where as the one in the other pictures are 5 spoke, which ones are finally coming ? The 6 spoke ones look much better I feel.
Old 9th May 2016, 22:02   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Is it my eyes or the picture which Aaditya posted with those 2 colors has a 6 spoke alloy where as the one in the other pictures are 5 spoke, which ones are finally coming ? The 6 spoke ones look much better I feel.
It'll come with 6 spoke 16" alloy. They do have 17" alloys also but not sure at the moment if they're going to offer that as option.
Rudra Sen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 22:28   #132
BHPian

The car in the brochure seems to have black interiors while the one displayed at Auto Expo and also in the pics posted by others in the previous pages have beige interiors.
IMO black looks much more classy and will be idle to upkeep for a vehicle of this category. Wish they at least give it as an option.
Old 9th May 2016, 23:52   #133
BHPian

I booked the V Cross yesterday after seeing it in person. Booking number was supposedly 23 in the Hyderabad dealership. I was informed that pricing will be the introductory one for mine. It is a Monster Truck and with some modifications it will be a looker. Brown Colour was on Display which feels more of maroon. It does look nice in that shade.

Loved the looks and the way the car felt in the front row. Some observations

Features I liked
  1. The car is Huge, tall and seriously Butch
  2. Hardly any engine noise crept into the cabin. Excellent Insulation
  3. AC was pretty effective and also has the option to block any vent
  4. front Seats are comfortable and have long travel as well
  5. Rear Seats can seat 3 comfortably
  6. There is ISO Fix
  7. Rear Seats fold 60-40 creating additional space
  8. Doors are solid and feel heavy
  9. Footstep is compact
  10. Tyres look and feel Huge MRF - ZVRL - 245/70 R16. I was initially looking to upgrade to 17" or 18" if possible but did not feel the need
  11. Alloys are 16" with 6 spoke as shown in the pics above. SA was not sure about the upgrade options though
  12. Auto Fold mirrors are a convenient feature
  13. Steering Controls for audio system as well a phone connectivity
  14. Touch screen audio System. Did not see the rear cam but that will be a really useful feature to have in the beginning till one gets used to the size
  15. Awesome visibility all around
  16. Dead Pedal is Conveniently placed. that should be present in all cars irrespective of their cost
  17. Love the loading bay. Door for the loading bay is heavy. goes flat when opened
  18. One can stand on the rear bumper and get into the loading bay
  19. Height adjustable seat belts
  20. Big Storage similar to Innova between driver and passenger seats. Lots of slots all around with felt lining
  21. MID displays range/mileage/4H/4L/temperature etc.

What I did not like
  • Beige is a wrong colour for the interiors. It soils easily and the fabric present seems to attract dust. 600km car was looking old
  • Under thigh support is not great for my height 175 cm. Knees also go up. Got to see what can be done for this
  • Rear bench cushioning is thin. May be some modified form of seat cover can over come this limitation
  • Seat Back is a little upright
  • Missing Cruise Control. Would have been a useful feature over long drives
  • Nothing was visible in the Audio system. Will need a shadow to read anything. Don't if brightness can be adjusted

Eagerly waiting for the test drive to see how the suspension will be from a daily use point of view.

I was informed that the mileage will be around 10 Kmpl in City and 11-12 Kmpl on Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I'm pretty impressed with the car, yes. It's a go anywhere, drive anywhere kind of car. Only issue is the physical size of the car I suppose.
Thanks mate. I am happy that you found it impressive. I will wait for your review and hope it is up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Did a quick comparison of some of the largest vehicles in the market
Surprised to see the weight that less considering that it is only missing the last row/roof etc. Build quality feels solid though compared to Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
IMO black looks much more classy and will be idle to upkeep for a vehicle of this category. Wish they at least give it as an option.
I totally concur with you here. Painting it black may be one option

Just Saw the pricing in AP Rs 12,26,282 /-* . How I wish AP/TG were one state Even Maharashtra prices are lower. Indore seems to be highest at Rs 12.80 Lakhs. Infact they should advertise it as prices starting from Rs 12.26 Lakhs rather than Rs 12.49 Lakhs

Last edited by indian21r : 10th May 2016 at 00:00. Reason: Price Alert
indian21r is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 09:40   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Thanks mate. I am happy that you found it impressive. I will wait for your review and hope it is up soon
Hey, I think here's bit of misunderstanding. Isuzu is yet to invite media for full blown test drive and reviews. That will happen soon.

My assignment with Isuzu had nothing to do with drive and review.
Old 10th May 2016, 10:22   #135
Senior - BHPian

What is the rated luggage carrying capacity for the V Cross?
This now looks like a serious contender to replace our Innova which is currently used for our farm. Now since we have Endeavour, another 7 seater is not really a necessity. My requirements are:
1. Reliability
2. Comfort.
3. good luggage carrying capacity(atleast 800KG)
4. Decent Fuel Efficiency (10-13KM/L)
5. ABS,Airbag, AC Power steering,Power Window, Central locking.

The VCross seems to tick all my requirements, except there is no service centre nearby .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed