Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 12:26   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Is there an SUV version coming soon?

I know the Trailblazer is based on the V Cross. But, is there a more affordable version coming up along the likes of V-Cross? Not everyone would want a loading bay.
Old 11th May 2016, 16:33   #152
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I see that Mahavir Auto is present in Vijayawada (as a Skoda dealer), not sure why they opted out of setting up a dealership in the city.
Mahavir's existing dealership here has a common compound for both Mercedes and Skoda. The ISUZU showroom will be coming up next to the Ford and Mahindra ones at prasadampadu. They had the ISUZU Dmax parked at that location as a display vehicle last month.
damodar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 16:38   #153
BHPian

Booked mine today with a cheque of Rs 50,000.
Sales executive asked for two color preferences,since only 12 vehicles are allotted to JMD Mumbai,have chosen the black color.
He also mentioned me that accessories which are worth Rs 2 Lacs,will be offered at 1 Lacs to only first hundred customers.He did not have any specific details about the package.
Will update when I get more details on 14th May.
kedarwalke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 16:41   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
The car is made in AP, and surprisingly the capital city (Vijayawada / Amaravathi) misses getting a dealership . I see that Mahavir Auto is present in Vijayawada (as a Skoda dealer), not sure why they opted out of setting up a dealership in the city.

Cheers,
pdma.
They have one in financial capital of AP, Visakhapatnam. May be Isuzu reckoned Vijaywada can shop from Hyderabad, like Vijaywadians mostly do.
Old 11th May 2016, 17:16   #155
BHPian

I compared the prices of the D-MAX and MU-X in Australia and the prices of both in a similar spec is the same. Isuzu only sells the 3.0L diesel in Australia in both Auto and Manual specs but the comparison should be apples to apples.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/compare-...6a-isuzu-mu-x/

There is a very minor cost difference between the truck and the SUV. I don't know whether our tax structure in India penalizes the SUV as compared to the truck but if this above is any indication, I think we should be prepared for a 15 lakh price point for the MU-X if ISUZU builds it locally, even lower if they offer a 4x2 variant.

Certainly raises a question on why both Ford and Toyota come at a 60% premium to this. Ford had a brilliant opportunity to price the Endeavour much lower but I guess the time honoured pursuit of profit margins must have won over volume considerations.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-caradviceisuzucompare.png  

Asifgrkhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 18:22   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifgrkhan View Post
I think we should be prepared for a 15 lakh price point for the MU-X if ISUZU builds it locally, even lower if they offer a 4x2 variant.
Others have gotten excited at the same thought, there is simply no way that will happen. The SUV will cost more to manufacture due to more strengthened steel usage for side impact crash tests and premium suspension componentry. Secondly, our government's tax won't allow for such a mammoth sized SUV to be priced at 15 lakhs. It really is pointless discussing such a possibility.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th May 2016 at 18:24.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 18:33   #157
BANNED

Can somebody with access to factory, post some good quality pictures of various colors on offer(vehicle pictures). Am particularly interested in Obsidian grey.
Old 11th May 2016, 20:14   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Mahavir's existing dealership here has a common compound for both Mercedes and Skoda. The ISUZU showroom will be coming up next to the Ford and Mahindra ones at prasadampadu. They had the ISUZU Dmax parked at that location as a display vehicle last month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
They have one in financial capital of AP, Visakhapatnam. May be Isuzu reckoned Vijaywada can shop from Hyderabad, like Vijaywadians mostly do.
Its good to know that new Isuzu showroom coming up in the middle of the state. With Vijayawada showroom and the ones in Vizag and Tirupati it will be around 200Kms for all the customers to get one.

AP has the lowest ex-showroom in India for this vehicle. Its Rs 24K cheaper than Hyderabad
Old 12th May 2016, 00:38   #159
BHPian

I'm a tad surprised by the interest shown in this vehicle. While I will seriously consider it, this is primarily because i have been looking for a sturdy pick-up for the farm, primarily to do provision runs and with this package, it also makes long distance travel (especially to places like the north east, jammu etc.,) a serious possibility. However, I imagine most 'SUV' fans will be put off by its unwieldy length and i do not see them being enamored by the 'wasted space' at the back.

Also, while it is a great price right now, I am not sure how sustainable this is. I presume they are under pricing it for now with the hope of creating buzz and establishing the Isuzu brand for their future launches.
RoadTrippin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 10:36   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Others have gotten excited at the same thought, there is simply no way that will happen. The SUV will cost more to manufacture due to more strengthened steel usage for side impact crash tests and premium suspension componentry. Secondly, our government's tax won't allow for such a mammoth sized SUV to be priced at 15 lakhs. It really is pointless discussing such a possibility.
I am not so sure as Tata have been able to price Safari Storme at ~15L for the 4x4 version top end. I am sure Isuzu could do the same if they want to.

Further, there relation with GM (MU-X twin trailblazer) might not allow them to do so.
Old 12th May 2016, 12:35   #161
Senior - BHPian

I feel GM should use this opportunity, to manufacture Trailblazer, along with Isuzu. Together they can get volumes and price the SUV's below the competition.
Old 12th May 2016, 15:53   #162
BHPian

Heads up in case someone from Bangalore is looking to book, there are 10 more vehicles allotted to Trident Isuzu for the old price if someone is interested. I have booked on and beyond this I have no interest in this, just passing on information I received from the dealer.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th May 2016 at 16:53. Reason: removing sales guy mobile number.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:24   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalSpeed View Post
I am not so sure as Tata have been able to price Safari Storme at ~15L for the 4x4 version top end. I am sure Isuzu could do the same if they want to.

Further, there relation with GM (MU-X twin trailblazer) might not allow them to do so.
The Safari is not in the same league as far as materials and componentry is concerned. Secondly, you seem to be forgetting that Tata designed, developed and manufactures the Safari with nearly 100% localization compared to 70% localization in the Isuzu's case. Tata steel could also help Tata in keeping their costs low. Isuzu also does not have anything to prove so can afford to have higher margins. Taking all that into consideration, plus the added components and higher taxes, there is simply no way the MU-X can cost less than 20 lakhs.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:27   #164
Senior - BHPian

Called Isuzu JMD in Navi Mumbai yesterday, he said the display vehicle will be on there from 18th to 21st, after which it will be sent to some other city as there is only one.

He said Isuzu is checking out the interest the vehicle generates. Also he said Isuzu Dmax can be serviced at all JDM Skoda facilities in Mumbai where as there is also a dedicated Isuzu Service station in Neral just for Isuzu Vehicles.

I asked him what happens if Isuzu decides to shut down operations in India and I am left with an Isuzu Car ? He said they have set up a multi crore plant in Chennai for manufacture of Dmax's for local as well as export, so they are serious about India and hence asked me not to worry about that.

Delivery of Vross starts from June Mid is what he told me.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 16:41   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The Safari is not in the same league as far as materials and componentry is concerned. Secondly, you seem to be forgetting that Tata designed, developed and manufactures the Safari with nearly 100% localization compared to 70% localization in the Isuzu's case. Tata steel could also help Tata in keeping their costs low. Isuzu also does not have anything to prove so can afford to have higher margins. Taking all that into consideration, plus the added components and higher taxes, there is simply no way the MU-X can cost less than 20 lakhs.
I am not sure what extra components MU-X 4x4 manual have over Safari. Safari is a very capable car. I agree to the localization point, and hence higher taxes.

Also, a CBU Trailblazer automatic with 125% taxes + shipping from Thailand, is still priced at 26L. Guess the price without the tax, shipping and automatic gearbox is.
digitalSpeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks