Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 22:23   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Some pictures of the beast at RFC 2016]
Great. Do you 've any action shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
With my limited run on this car, I think it will be a bit let down by the smaller engine & may not become a choice for off -roaders...
I guess this vehicle will be better termed as a long distance expedition vehicle rather than an exclusive off-roader and with the kind of feedback people 've shared in the other thread about its offroading prowess, it should do ok for the occasional off road adventures.
Kandisa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 22:33   #362
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
I guess this vehicle will be better termed as a long distance expedition vehicle rather than an exclusive off-roader and with the kind of feedback people 've shared in the other thread about its offroading prowess, it should do ok for the occasional off road adventures.
IMO, that's exactly what it is. It's a long distance expedition vehicle begging to be customized just for that. And equipped with just the right amount of off-roading prowess so that you don't feel left wanting to explore the unexplored territory.
bordeaux is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 09:34   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With my limited run on this car, I think it will be a bit let down by the smaller engine & may not become a choice for off -roaders . I drove our office DMax today , even though Dmax and V cross shares similar engine and V Cross should have better insulation, D-Max makes less sound & is much faster and nimble.

Can this be due to local assembly ? I can already see some parts - like this radiator made by TATA - Toyo as against Thailand origin parts on Dmax ?
I guess they had to increase the localization to keep the price in check. How else would you think they managed to offer it at this mouthwatering price!

Quote:
Equally good with endeavour as well. I think with rear canopy this car becomes too menacing
With hard top canopy, the vehicle will look killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Wholeheartedly agree. There is no check-mate for old school jeeps and gypsy in hardcore off-roading so far. As an owner of an off-road prepped Fortuner, I understand where limitations of my vehicle kick in (too heavy, long wheelbase, lack of diff locks etc.) and similar limitations will apply to V-Cross as well during off-roading. However, I am sure this truck will manage to sell in decent numbers and will make brands like Ford and Toyota to re-think their strategy on launching competitive vehicles. It is beginning of a new segment in India and I hope it takes off nicely. Plenty of rewards in terms of adventure on offer for those who want to utilize Isuzu's capabilities to the fullest!
Ace F355 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 11:11   #364
BHPian

This is for the attention of all people who gave received delivery of their Vcross trucks or are awaiting it. A friend, Zac Marattukalam, who is the Ironman dealer in Bangalore participated in the recently concluded 4WD event in Goa in his new Dmax Vcross and completed a 2500 kms trip Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore.

While he had good things to say about the vehicle, he did have a concern regarding dampness and water tricking in to the passenger footwell. To quote him, with his permission & verbatim:

"Hi Everyone sorry I was away for a few days and poor network. Could not reply to a couple of questions directed my way. Iv so far done 2500kms and the entire 4 days in the rain soaked Goa was amazing. Tyres that I have on my truck are amazing in slush, Ghat-roads, highway's etc... There is a ODO error showing up as the upsize is not calibrated for!!
Some one did mention a jerk in the acceleration which is evident on my Dmax-Vcross too.... What my understanding is that it could be a faulty EGR valve!! Also one more thing is that our cars are not completely water proof... �� the front passenger floor is damp n has water trickling into it after all those days of driving in the rain..."

Now, the slight concern is whether the seepage is only in Zac's truck or is it a wider issue. Zac has put someone on the job to pin point where the water has ingressed from. Will update this thread once he updates me (as he isn't a TBHPian).

Having said this, as Zac himself says there was some extremely heavy rainfall in Goa, but the question is, would seepage be a natural corollary of heavy rainfall or extremely wet conditions for every Vcross owner? Would such seepage creep in if one attempts a shallow water crossing/wading? But the paramount question is whether such seepage or trickling in of water can damage electrical/mechanical components? Or the ECU.

Perhaps, this is an over reaction and the issue maybe a minor one caused by some cover being loose or something similar and can be rectified easily. I certainly hope that's the case.Or perhaps, it requires Isuzu to rework some manufacturing procedure.

In either case I hope the anomaly is sorted out in the same prompt and efficient manner by Isuzu in the manner they managed a problem with some vehicle in Chandigarh and in the bargain endeared themselves to all waiting customers like me and all potential customers who follow this thread.
mani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 13:20   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Perhaps, this is an over reaction and the issue maybe a minor one caused by some cover being loose or something similar and can be rectified easily. I certainly hope that's the case.Or perhaps, it requires Isuzu to rework some manufacturing procedure..
When wading through water, the entry points can be
  • Drain plugs in footwell : These are rubber plugs found in all cars. If they are moved, water will come in.
  • Pedals : For pedal linkage speepage, water has to be very deep
  • Wiring : whenever any aftermarket fitment is done, extra wires for switches etc., may be pulled in. This usually distorts the rubber stoppers designed for a certain harness. This is the most common cause
So if there are any extra lights etc., fitted where a wire would have to be pulled in cabin from the holes in firewall, additional sealing would be required.
tsk1979 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 14:35   #366

Quote:
Some one did mention a jerk in the acceleration which is evident on my Dmax-Vcross too....
Did the same route on my vcross last weekend and can concur that there is a jerk evident in acceleration in 3rd gear, but forgot to check in which RPM band it occur.

Quote:
Also one more thing is that our cars are not completely water proof...
I did not witness any such incidents, yes had rain all through the way on the western ghats.
parvezshah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 20:50   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did the same route on my vcross last weekend and can concur that there is a jerk evident in acceleration in 3rd gear, but forgot to check in which RPM band it occur.
It's mostly around 1500-2000 RPM , 3rd or 4th gear. Local dealer has some complaints but different versions from everyone so as of now they are simply going for test drive and checking. Since this does not affect much it will be better to wait till these guys find root cause. I was chatting with Zac of Ironman and as per him it's due to EGR Valve but i wont have a clue to what does this mean.
Old 31st July 2016, 09:21   #368
BHPian

I want to thank everyone for their updates. Am seriously considering this in 2017 and look forward to hearing more from other owners on their ownership experience and ASS experience. Not made up my mind between the d-max and the v-cross . So a bit concerned about potential jerkiness in the locally assembled v- cross .
Old 31st July 2016, 10:29   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not made up my mind between the d-max and the v-cross . So a bit concerned about potential jerkiness in the locally assembled v- cross
D-Max is also locally assembled now from components unlike CKD kits in past , in fact engine for D-Max is being made here unlike V Cross which comes from Thailand & will have lower power output than the launch vehicles . Besides both vehicles have different appeal and usage. They will also have a 4 door version of Dmax but why do you need this vehicle? Both models are for very different usage, you can probably not haul cement bags in V-Cross but can carry your heavy professional tools with ease. If you don't need a new car specifically, there might be some people in the market selling last Year D-Max who have bought and dressed up for personal use. Will be hard but should be possible to get.

Yes, the jerk is there but I am not too worried. They will surely find the reason and it should be an easy fix. It can be either a part sourced locally or some adjustments done differently during local assembly as engine is from Thailand and they have a clean record overseas

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st July 2016 at 10:34.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 16:00   #370
Team-BHP Support

When you leave something like you see on side at home, it surely speaks about the product. This truck has now been daily drive, will see how long this affair continues It does have a commendable stance , anyone buying this as a lifestyle vehicle should definitely dress up rear compartment

Some other photos of Music system , Amplifier and the canopy which looks to be of Thailand origin of very high quality
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-i.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-2.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-6.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-5.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-3.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-p.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-8.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-7.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st July 2016 at 16:08.
Turbanator is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 19:38   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When you leave something like you see on side at home, it surely speaks about the product. This truck has now been daily drive, will see how long this affair continues
Buying this vehicle itself is a decision by heart I feel, somewhat like the jeep (as in THAR) may be. So it is quite usual to make it a daily drive as long as the massiveness of the vehicle is tackled without issues. Although it has far more practical features (and far more value for money) than a soft top jeep, which needs at least a set of mandatory modifications for a comfortable daily drive. This vehicle looks to be all set to start a new chapter for those who had the secret desire of owning a quality dual cab 4wd pick up here. Just like the THAR did for those who always wanted to own a jeep but never dared to venture through the restoration route with the old jeeps or army disposals.
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:38   #372
Team-BHP Support

One more Black one in process of being delivered, they have done this with Black /Red theme and with Mud tyres does look imposing
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-222.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-223.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-224.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-225.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-226.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd August 2016 at 21:39.
Turbanator is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:22   #373

Isuzu coming up with a new dealership at Jaipur. Sorry for the bad image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-20160802_192921.jpg  

SVS1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:46   #374
B_T

@Turbanator - where did you get the bed liner and how much did it cost you?
I am looking for one for the dmax-space cab. Please let me know.
Old 4th August 2016, 22:40   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
where did you get the bed liner and how much did it cost you?
This was part of some Anniversary package that local dealer gave me as mine was first booking if bought individually its around 1 Lac. But for DMax Space cab, it retails around 20K including fitting. MRP is around 28-30 K but dealers had special prices from the company and will happily pass you lower rates. However if you are using the rear bay for loading something heavy, it will be better/ cheaper if you buy some thick rubber sheet from local hardware guys.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks