Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:56   #421
BHPian

A 4-door Dmax would make much more sense for your use, as it does for mine and this comes as a welcome news.
Any idea if this will come with the full-fledged engine or the detuned one.
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:45   #422
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Any idea if this will come with the full-fledged engine or the detuned one
It was supposed to come with Indian assemble engine which was in lower tune but looks they have delayed, at present specification at their web page are same for VCross and DMax but it will be a good idea to confirm with dealer if this is important for you.

http://isuzu.in/pickup-single-cabin/index.php

http://isuzudmaxvcross.in
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160823-11.45.54-pm.jpeg  

Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160823-11.46.13-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd August 2016 at 23:50.
Old 24th August 2016, 18:01   #423
BHPian

Re: Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Thank you for the links Turbanator and actually no specific requirements. To be honest, me and my dad are clueless when it comes to the accessories to be fitted on the V-Cross. We never bought a car like this before.

Dad wanted to buy the hydraulic bed liner cover that comes with the dealer, but as we would be using it to haul a lot of chemicals and laboratory equipment, I suggested that it would be better to fit a canopy on the truck so that water doesn't seep in and damage the chemicals or any other materials we may be carrying. Also, I thought that we might be able to carry more if we fitted a canopy instead.

The funny part is, both my dad and me have no idea where to purchase one from. Though the Kolkata Dealer did tell us that he could have one made locally and fitted there.

Is it possible to purchase from es4x4 accessories and have them deliver the product till Kolkata? Or would it be better to have the Dealer make it locally and fit it? We're both confused on this point.
Hi Wadewilson,

I visited Isuzu showroom in Hyderabad today and saw the newly launched commercial double cab D-Max version. It looks almost similar to V-Cross but a little low-end on creature comforts. The new double cab doesn't come with 4x4 or Auto-AC. Same 2.5 Ltr engine but produces only 78 horse power. I can't find it on their website but you got to take a look at it before you decide anything. It's simply amazing. I feel so good for our commercial segment people that they are finally getting some good stuff.

Oh and the most amazing thing about it that every owner or prospective owner of V-Cross is going to be so jealous about. It comes with gray/black interiors

Didn't click pictures as I am little introvert

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th September 2016 at 12:10. Reason: Typo fixed. Thanks
bordeaux is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 19:09   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Hi Wadewilson,

I visited Isuzu showroon in Hyderabad today and saw the newly launched commercial double cab D-Max version.I feel so good for our commercial segment people that they are finally getting some good stuff.

Oh and the most amazing thing about it that every owner or prospective owner of V-Cross is going to be so jealous about. It comes with gray/black interiors
Thanks bordeaux, and completely agree with your sentiment About the pics, no worries. I saw the D-Max Double Cab version already on Team-BHP. Looked sweet. I tried convincing dad as well to go for the D-Max Double Cab version after he told me the OTR for the V-Cross would come close to 18 Lakhs here in Assam.

Buying something so expensive like the V-Cross to haul and carry goods only seemed like a terrible idea to me. I thought it would be better to go for the D-Max Double Cab instead. Thankfully dad agreed, but still in between two minds. Hope he doesn't buy the V-Cross on an impulse and later rue his decision, like he did with our new car - The (Old) Innova 2012 model that he bought 2 months back for 14.5 Lakhs OTR
Old 6th September 2016, 11:37   #425
BHPian

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Since i cant see a more comprehensive review on the D-Max by an owner (correct me if I'm wrong) may i step in and do the honours?!

Hey thanks for the review. I have a few questions.

1. Have you faced any issues with traffic police / check post since it is a pick up?

2. Is the car allowed at airport without having to park in the commercial parking area? (the fees are heavy for that)

3. Any other issue from authorities point of view since it is a pick up?

I am in the process of paying the booking amount for the same and wanted to clear a few things before I do. Also how much did the steel rims cost? Did you exchange the original alloys?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Anyone else who can help regarding the above please contribute.

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2016, 10:13   #426
BHPian

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Let me answer from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

1. Have you faced any issues with traffic police / check post since it is a pick up?
None whatsoever. I did a 1000 km drive in my first week and did not get stopped anywhere.

2. Is the car allowed at airport without having to park in the commercial parking area? (the fees are heavy for that)

Don't know yet. But all tolls charged as per private car rates.

3. Any other issue from authorities point of view since it is a pick up?

None

Also how much did the steel rims cost? Did you exchange the original alloys?
I would like to know too
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 16:06   #427
BHPian

I have booked the V-cross along with the D-box, Blaupunkt GPS Music system, bug deflector and side step. Further the Scheduled delivery is on Dussera. The color choice is Grey and if not available Silver.

I am taking Insurance on my own, the cost difference is whooping INR 30000/- when I take from HDFC for Zero Dep.

I'll soon Join the V-Cross club.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 13:09   #428
BHPian

Buying ISUZU D MAX V CROSS

I have recently checked out the Isuzu D Max V Cross, which looks impressive. However the only show stopper at present is the reliability of their after sales support, since Isuzu been a new entrant. I could not find any ownership reviews on the forum. Looking forward to receiving more information from existing users/ experts on this vehicle and cost of ownership.
Old 11th September 2016, 13:35   #429
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the V-cross along with the D-box, Blaupunkt GPS Music system, bug deflector and side step. Further the Scheduled delivery is on Dussera. The color choice is Grey and if not available Silver.
Congrats ... did u receive the delivery fro your V Cross. Kindly share your initial ownership report. How much was the landed cost including the rear canopy and the side steps ?
Old 11th September 2016, 17:39   #430
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the V-cross along with the D-box, Blaupunkt GPS Music system, bug deflector and side step.
Can you share the pricing breakup? I was told 16.4L this morning otr.
Old 11th September 2016, 21:35   #431
Team-BHP Support

Got RaceChip fitted today, it has totally changed the behaviour. It pulls in 3rd gear as if it's 2nd or 1st. Though it's early but as of now looks worth every paisa. I got mine from the US but they have a National Distributor in Delhi. Apparently 30% Jump in torque & BHP
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu starts production at Andhra Pradesh. Rolls out D-Max V-Cross @ 12.49 lakhs-screen-shot-20160911-9.38.01-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th September 2016 at 21:39.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 10:49   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Can you share the pricing breakup? I was told 16.4L this morning otr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Congrats ... did u receive the delivery fro your V Cross. Kindly share your initial ownership report. How much was the landed cost including the rear canopy and the side steps ?
The delivery is scheduled for 11th October. The total landed cost OTR Thane is INR 15,24,371/-. The insurance amount of INR 64,225/- will be deducted which I am getting done through HDFC for INR 45,000/-

The D-Box is costing 1 lac, the music system with rear camera is INR 40,000/- and the bug guard is INR 4000/-.
Old 12th September 2016, 10:59   #433
BHPian

Quote:

I am taking Insurance on my own, the cost difference is whooping INR 30000/- when I take from HDFC for Zero Dep.

I'll soon Join the V-Cross club.
Congrats tazmaan. I suggest you research a bit more before zeroing on the d-box. There are better options available. Understand what your requirement for the rear carriage is before deciding on this. DBox cannot carry taller luggage.

Which model of Blaupunkt? Suggest you look at Pioneer models once. I installed F80BT along with rear camera and parking sensors. Everything including steering controls work perfectly. This sits between the Sandiego and Capetown.

Insurance I did the same but from Reliance general and got a 33k difference. Look at the illuminated scuff plate too. Looks cool and will be useful because of the beige floor.

All the best.
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 11:15   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Congrats tazmaan. I suggest you research a bit more before zeroing on the d-box. There are better options available. Understand what your requirement for the rear carriage is before deciding on this. DBox cannot carry taller luggage.

Which model of Blaupunkt? Suggest you look at Pioneer models once. I installed F80BT along with rear camera and parking sensors. Everything including steering controls work perfectly. This sits between the Sandiego and Capetown.

Insurance I did the same but from Reliance general and got a 33k difference. Look at the illuminated scuff plate too. Looks cool and will be useful because of the beige floor.

All the best.
Thanks for the update. Can you send me pics of your installation? After a lot of thinking I decided to go for D-box also found out the possibility to remove it during applications where I need vertical space which will be very occasional in my case. I can't recall the model number from blaupunkt but its the GPS enabled one which was available on flipkart for 32000/-. With camera and installation I found 40000/- to be ok.
Old 12th September 2016, 12:15   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post

All the best.
Hi Patron,

I am also considering the Isuzu Dmax and am not too happy with the D-Box option. I am looking for the something like the Carryboy Series 7 canopy. Have you explored this option and do you have any idea of the India price for this accessory. I checked with Azad4x4 in Delhi but they have still not launched it yet and could not give an idea of the price. They are planning to import Carryboy products for the Isuzu Dmax Vcross soon.
The Series 7 looks like this:

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th September 2016 at 12:17.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed