Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 23:41   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The petrol manual makes more than 300NM torque!
It might be even faster than the diesel.
It will be a hoot to drive. Plus no DSG concerns too.
As i stated in the post before my family needs the A/T & i need the more torque from the diesel. Hence not going for the petrol M/T or the Petrol A/T
Old 29th April 2016, 23:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Even god takes just 9 months to make something as complex as a human being. Anyway.

Quote:
I think they are prioritizing these kits for some other lucrative markets or, Is the ban on big diesel cars in Delhi one of the reasons for procrastination ?
The current situation in Delhi is not the reason. I think other markets are offering fatter margins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
As i stated in the post before my family needs the A/T & i need the more torque from the diesel. Hence not going for the petrol M/T or the Petrol A/T
I'm guessing another SUV like an Endeavour (or XUv 500) is not an option?

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 29th April 2016 at 23:58.
Old 30th April 2016, 12:17   #33
BHPian

re: Skoda Superb Diesel: No deliveries until August. EDIT: Deliveries finally begin

If Skoda does not 'seem' to value the Indian customer, why not we Indian's respond in kind-stop buying (or booking to be precise because they aren't delivering their part of the transaction anyway).

I have been a fan of Skoda cars for many years now - drew around in a Laura for the 6 months I was in Glasgow and went pretty close to 'booking' a Yeti last year in Mumbai.

But the situation was similar-they wont deliver for another 4-6 months even after many have paid the entire price. Can being a fan be an excuse for willing to be cheated? If yes, then perhaps don't we deserve this type of treatment?
Old 30th April 2016, 13:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
If Skoda does not 'seem' to value the Indian customer, why not we Indian's respond in kind-stop buying (or booking to be precise because they aren't delivering their part of the transaction anyway).

Problem right now is if you want a D2-segment sedan, us Indians aren't really spoiled for choice. It's either the Superb or the Camry, and the Camry is almost 5lakh+ more expensive, and isn't as fun to drive as the Superb.

Even in this price bracket, there are only 3-4 vehicles including SUVs, MPVs and what have you.
phoenixash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 14:59   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I'm guessing another SUV like an Endeavour (or XUv 500) is not an option?
Not really as 1 SUV i.e. the Fortuner is enough !

But today my dad said that lets forget the Superb & buy the Merc C Class instead, but i have managed to convince him to not to take that step & stick around with the Superb as of now.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 15:04   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Csmry is like driving a sofa, albeit an expensive Stanley.

Skoda cars are pretty much a hoot to drive. I test drove everything under the sun including the hybrid and petrol Camry, Jetta, A3 diesel, Superb II petrol and diesel, Corolla Altis but ultimately chose the Octavia TSI AT because it blew the pants off everything!

Am happy that I bought the Octavia with a higher power to weight ratio than the comparable Superb III :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th April 2016 at 15:06. Reason: Clarity
Old 4th May 2016, 23:20   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Update;

So today 3 people from JMD Skoda visited my office, 2 of them were from the dealership & one lady had come who was a very senior official.

They came and discussed the issue & have assured me delivery in the month of August.

The reason for delay which they are stating is the same 'Global Demand' & scarcity of diesel kits.

They also had a ready refund cheque with them of my booking amount in a case where in if i wanted to cancel my booking, which i didn't as I'm holding on and i am ready to wait for the car till August.

Before parting they handed over a gift to me as a token of appreciation.

Last edited by karan561 : 4th May 2016 at 23:38.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Update;

So today 3 people from JMD Skoda visited my office, 2 of them were from the dealership & one lady had come who was a very senior official.

They came and discussed the issue & have assured me delivery in the month of August.

The reason for delay which they are stating is the same 'Global Demand' & scarcity of diesel kits.

They also had a ready refund cheque with them of my booking amount in a case where in if i wanted to cancel my booking, which i didn't as I'm holding on and i am ready to wait for the car till August.

Before parting they handed over a gift to me as a token of appreciation.
Ok so this is where Autobahn is BSing us still ... they are sticking with "Emissions issues". I shall grill them further ... really don't know who to believe now.

Also, how is it that they are guaranteeing the delivery in Aug now? They have already made two guarantees before this which they were not able to keep ... that's what worries me.

You're not considering the Petrol at all?
Old 5th May 2016, 14:05   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Ok so this is where Autobahn is BSing us still ... they are sticking with "Emissions issues". I shall grill them further ... really don't know who to believe now.
As per my understanding the reasons could be one of these;

1) Global Demand / Scarcity of Diesel Kits
2) Emissions Issues/Dieselgate hence ARAI certification not yet received
3) They don't want to import the engine as the they are planning to localise here in the coming months;
Check this article ---> http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...9907&type=News

^ Whatever the reason being as i didn't ask them much, the only answer mattered is when will my car come & they said August.

Quote:
Also, how is it that they are guaranteeing the delivery in Aug now? They have already made two guarantees before this which they were not able to keep ... that's what worries me.
That is still a risk as we still don't have anything in writing that the delivery in August is confirmed.

Quote:
You're not considering the Petrol at all?
NO.

Last edited by karan561 : 5th May 2016 at 14:08.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 10:27   #40
BHPian

Ok ... so met with Skoda Autobahn yesterday. They clarified from their end that it is a emissions issue that is plaguing VW. This apparently ties into the Vento recalls in India and Skoda has even asked dealers to stop selling Manual Rapids for the same reason. Currently they are assuring delivery of Diesel Superb's in August and the color I want for the Petrol would also only be ready in June. So I guess I"ve decided to wait too.

One of the most unfortunate parts in the Saga is that there is nothing at this size and price point that one can lean on besides the new superb.
Old 7th May 2016, 13:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Ok ... so met with Skoda Autobahn yesterday. They clarified from their end that it is a emissions issue that is plaguing VW. This apparently ties into the Vento recalls in India and Skoda has even asked dealers to stop selling Manual Rapids for the same reason. Currently they are assuring delivery of Diesel Superb's in August and the color I want for the Petrol would also only be ready in June. So I guess I"ve decided to wait too.

One of the most unfortunate parts in the Saga is that there is nothing at this size and price point that one can lean on besides the new superb.
Hi R170,
The delivery date of June for petrol, is it for petrol style or L&K? Thanks.
Old 7th May 2016, 15:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi R170,
The delivery date of June for petrol, is it for petrol style or L&K? Thanks.
Hey,

They have a White Petrol L&K available this month but, for the business grey it would be in Mid-End June is what I was told.

Didn't want another white since I have a couple already.
R170 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 23:51   #43
BHPian

So called JMD Skoda today and asked for the superb was clearly told "sir, diesel is not available till august but you can buy a petrol" i asked for a TD and the guy said i will call back but never called back. Called Autobahn the guy organised a TD immediately for Monday but he told me Diesel will be available for delivery next month !! Now thanks to Team Bhp i know that will never happen but it seems a bit like fraudulent sales just to get one more booking. Cmon Skoda get your service and sales right. When others can why cant you ?
Old 12th August 2016, 12:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

We just got an update from JMD yesterday that the deliveries of the diesel Skoda Superb are delayed indefinitely. We had booked our car in March 2016 and were told last month that delivery would definitely be in August 2016. But yesterday, it was a whole different story all together. We are not sure what to do now. Does anyone have any idea as to when will VW launch the new Passat? This will probably be the option for us.
Old 12th August 2016, 17:12   #45
BHPian

I accepted the fancy free gift (Mont blanc pen) and took a refund of my booking amount. Have bought the top line Innova Crysta for now. Not really a replacement for an executive sedan but I must say i'm really happy with my purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks