Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2006, 02:32   #16
BANNED

Dsinz!!! I'm very sorry but your information seems to be just an assumption by your friend. Or even a hope which was transferred into words. Nothing wrong in it as many Alto owners do have the same hope and prayers for the same including me. I even started a thread in the modification section for an engine upgrade and after some kind hammering from 'Psycho the GURU', just paused the idea for a while.

I dont see any change happening to Alto soon (Yes, unless Maruti turns to answering prayers of many like me).
The New Zen A.K.A MR Wagon will be launched here soon according to many sources and I expect it will do a nice job here unless Maruti goes skywards with the prices. Even though it's an old platform, it can be transformed into a good suitable vehicle for this country. And Suzuki is an expert in breathing life into old platforms. So apart from being a ditto MR Wagon which was sold 6years ago, we'll rather see a technologically advanced car which will easily compete with new Santro etc...
Again, I'm hoping, wishing and praying altogether. Please Maruti!!! Aamen!!!

Last edited by speedzak : 13th October 2006 at 02:36.
Old 13th October 2006, 06:29   #17
BHPian

I have read some time back that MUL is working towards reducing its platforms to 3 or 4, where as it is maintaining 7 platforms now; i.e. each model has its own different platform. MUL has been anticipating cost savings by having fewer platforms, which are used across multiple models.

I certainly read this in The Hindu, probably about 6 months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks