Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 16:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 to get more powerful engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

I'd pat Mahindra on the back for updating a car so early in its life.

While I do feel for those who bought the TUV300 84 BHP, well, these are market dynamics. Plain & simple. The more you wait for any purchase, the better a product you will get.

How do those customers feel who:

- Take delivery of their car and the very next day, a facelift is launched.

- Bought an EcoSport, and then Ford slashed the prices?

- Got tired of waiting for the XUV500 AT, bought an MT, only to hear about the AT's launch a week later.

I'm sorry, but you bought the 84 BHP variant fully aware of what lies under the bonnet. Expecting any kind of update or compensation is ridiculous.

On the other hand, Mahindra should definitely make good on the AMT owners who are stuck with troublesome vehicles.
Ditto. I wonder if anyone has driven it and tell us how much of a difference it is when compared to the 84 bhp variant. The difference in torque is just 10 nm and in everyday driving it is the difference in torque that you are going to feel and not the academic power figures.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 11:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Playing a little devil's advocate here, while there is a lot of owners who is not happy with the way things have turned out to be, at the same time, there would be another lot of "possible owners" who would bargain hard to get an amazing discount of the current stock with Mahindra.

To me, it is the cost of doing business - Fair for some, unfair for others. We do it knowing all the possible risks involved.
amtak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 12:08   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra drops an email:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Pandey,

This is with reference to your trail mail.

We value your patronage and would like to allay any apprehension that you may have with regards to your TUV300. Please be rest assured that the TUV300 with the mHAWK80 engine continues to enjoy good equity in the market and will continue as an option on all the variants. The 100 HP is an additional engine variant which we have introduced recently.

Introduction of new variants & features are an on-going process and are a part of the product lifecycle from time to time and is a common industry practice.

In the past such multi powertrain variant additions have been done on many of our products, so you can rest assured that the resale value of the TUV300 will not have any impact.

We at Mahindra assure you of our best support at all times.

Regards

Sandeep Dhond
VP- Customer Care
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 12:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra drops an email:
Exactly!

Even Mahindra's website shows that the TUV 80 bhp AMT still exists and is priced at 9,25,319 INR when compared to 9,60,319 INR of the TUV 100 bhp AMT.

I think there is an error in the specifications page where T8 AMT is only shown with 100 bhp, which caused all this confusion and grief among TUV 80 bhp AMT owners.
Old 16th May 2016, 13:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Exactly!

Even Mahindra's website shows that the TUV 80 bhp AMT still exists and is priced at 9,25,319 INR when compared to 9,60,319 INR of the TUV 100 bhp AMT.

I think there is an error in the specifications page where T8 AMT is only shown with 100 bhp, which caused all this confusion and grief among TUV 80 bhp AMT owners.
It seems they are listening. Till yesterday there was a line on price list page proudly disclosing that "T6AMT & T8AMT prices effective only till stocks last." which clearly shows the discontinuation of mHawk80 engine in AMT. Infact they will discontinue the AMT option in T6 as well.

We have received a standard copy paste mail from Sandeep Dhond VP Customer Service from Mahindra, infact he must be in such a hurry that he forgot to change the names as well before copying same to every one.

This is fight for rights not for taking benefit. Mahindra sold a faulty AMT product to its customer and when they were unable to solve the problems they launched a new engine option discontinuing the old one.

FYI website screenshot is attached to show that there is no mHawk80 option for AMT products and this cant be done in error.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 to get more powerful engine-tuv1.png  

Last edited by ezee : 16th May 2016 at 13:32.
Old 16th May 2016, 13:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I'd pat Mahindra on the back for updating a car so early in its life.
What pat ? They have discontinued AMT because there were problems, which they were not able to solve. There is a separate thread going on with these problems (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...olve-them.html). This is not market dynamics this is a case of sheer cheating only, specially when they already have a 100 bhp NuvoSport in line. They were forced to do because they were not able to rectify reported niggles.

Quote:
- Take delivery of their car and the very next day, a facelift is launched.
This is not all about a facelift this is about a car which accelerates when you apply breaks, about a car which jerks like hell on low speeds, about a car which downshift gears with 'loud noises.

Quote:
- Bought an EcoSport, and then Ford slashed the prices?
Not a single owner complained about price, they can take the difference amount and give us the error free product.

Quote:
- Got tired of waiting for the XUV500 AT, bought an MT, only to hear about the AT's launch a week later.
No one is stopping them to launch a T10 or T12 or a pure AT product. We would love to see TUV sales graph going upwards.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you bought the 84 BHP variant fully aware of what lies under the bonnet. Expecting any kind of update or compensation is ridiculous.
Yes we were fully aware what lies under bonnet but can you also guess the list of faults it carries under bonnet? We are still ready to keep our TUV AMTs and would love to drive if Mahindra comes up with a final rescue plan.

Lot of people commenting here with showing sympathy with Mahindra and market trends but what about those owners who struggle every day with their faulty TUV AMTs with absolutely zero commitment from Mahindra ? Bring a single fully happy TUV AMT owner here who is not struggling. We can go by words only and if Mahindra is saying we have made AMT more stable then you may guess what it was earlier.
ezee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 13:43   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
FYI website screenshot is attached to show that there is no mHawk80 option for AMT products and this cant be done in error.
The screenshot still shows a T6+ AMT variant available with mhawk80 engine.

Are you certain that the mhawk100 AMT rectifies all problems with the mhawk80 AMT? Did you manage to test drive it?

Good thing is, M&M is aware of the feedback shared here . Hope they do something about it as well, rather than just reading through the problems.

PS: I tried to register on the TUV300 website for a test drive of mhawk100 but the Gurgaon dealer promptly gave a lead time of 15-20 days as they do not have a test drive vehicle yet.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 15:09   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ezee,

I'm talking about apples and you are about oranges.

I'm as upset as you are about Mahindra's AMT issues. They should have never launched the half-baked AMT without testing it properly. Please read my posts on the AMT issues thread.

That said, there's nothing to say that the TUV300 AMT with the 100 BHP engine is trouble free. Seeing the many problems, I cannot recommend the AMT variant to anyone, no matter what engine it is with. The issues TUV300 AMT owners are facing are with the AMT, NOT with the engine.

That's why, I give full marks to Mahindra for offering a higher-powered variant (which this thread is about).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 16:07   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
I am copying the mail sent by one of the fellow TUV T8 owner to mahindra officials, as give below:
Dear All @ Team Mahindra

A very warm good morning from the bottom of my heart and I feel myself really proud and privileged to be a part of the Mahindra TUV 300 family and same is the feeling of 250+ proud TUV owners from across the length and breadth of our nation who are also a part of a TUV dedicated online forum and are connected with each other through various means discussing about the niggles and problems being faced resolutions of the same and also sharing our experiences. Off late we have been hearing about the launch of a more powerful TUV 300 with a retuned engine producing 100 bhp as compared to the current ones at 84 bhp and we were really glad to see the new one launched on 12.05.16 with a huge price difference of approximately 8-10 k when compared to the current version which I also own a manual T8 which I bought on 25.02.16 and I really feel obliged by Team Mahindra after around 2.5 months of ownership and same is the plight of other fellow owners. We really feel like we have been crowned as the most foolish new car owners by Team Mahindra after seeing this new retuned vehicle.

Would request you to kindly reply to my below mentioned queries and incase justified answers are not available would request Team Mahindra to please keep my vehicle with them and refund my entire hard earned money. Would also request you t kindly refer to the attached Email which has the entire chain of mails which describes the Mental Torture and agony I have faced right from the Day1 of my purchase at the hands of the unethical dealership and Team Mahindra and now it appears to me that this is the way a customer is treated and is the norm to fool the customers
  • Why is a 100 bhp model launched and no upgrade options or retuning options available for the existing customers??
  • What is the financial impact on the resale value of my car say 3 years down the line when no one will be willing to purchase a 84 bhp vehicle when already there will be a 100 bhp vehicle available?? Either my car goes for a discounted value over and above the already depreciated value or no buyers available or I need to fool someone else as you people are doing.
  • Is this really the way Mahindra Top Management thinks and strategizes?? Really shocked and surprised first produce a under powered vehicle (I wasn’t forced to buy one but yes till such time no 100 bhp version was available and yes I bought a T8 which was the highest variant) and then sell 25000+ units in around 6 months then overnight stop the production of 84 bhp ones and shoot a 100 bhp version down and make customers like us feel like a fool after spending close to 10 lac INR.
  • Can you please let me know my mistake?? Was it that I trusted a so called Global Brand and the ethics of an Indian company??
  • When there was going to be a product enhancement why were the customers not informed about the same?? Or was it to clear out the scrap Mahindra had already produced and choke it down the throat of the unaware customers?? Nice sales strategy I must say but was it ever thought the amount of dissatisfaction and negativity spread amongst those 25000+ customers to whom you have already sold.
  • One of my friends has bought a AMT version with 81 bhp and struggling right from Day 1 and now you people have simply discarded the 81 bhp model and he is a proud owner of the said version after spending more than 10 lacs which is no longer available within less than 6 months of the ownership…..great going I think his car should be kept as a memento in Mahindra Plant

The purpose of this entire mail is just to bring to your kind attention that we(a group of 250+ TUV owners from various parts of the country) are collectively going to lodge a complaint against Mahindra as breach of trust and dissatisfaction in Consumer Court and with other regulatory authorities in case no solution is provided to us with immediate effect as this is simple cheating on the part of Mahindra and such a behavior is not at all expected and/or acceptable.
What is the fuss all about. I don’t think TUV300 80 bhp has been discontinued. Infact if anything, now there is an added option of more power through TUV300 100 BHP. All OEMs continuously upgrade their products and I see this as no different.
rtm_8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 16:32   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Ditto. I wonder if anyone has driven it and tell us how much of a difference it is when compared to the 84 bhp variant. The difference in torque is just 10 nm and in everyday driving it is the difference in torque that you are going to feel and not the academic power figures.
I agree that a 10 nm bump in torque (in everyday driving) is probably not going to bring an unexpected smile on one's face (as abhishek46 mentions earlier). It is the AMT-equipped mHawk100 TUV's driving experience that I look forward to reading about here. No doubt the software related issues need urgent sorting-out, but it would be interesting to know if the higher engine output (however mild!) plays a part in the story.

Last edited by shashanka : 16th May 2016 at 16:34.
Old 16th May 2016, 16:39   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
What is the fuss all about. I don’t think TUV300 80 bhp has been discontinued. Infact if anything, now there is an added option of more power through TUV300 100 BHP. All OEMs continuously upgrade their products and I see this as no different.
I think one is missing the point here Its not the manual TUV 80+ bhp that one is fussing about. It is the generally poor owners' experience of the AMT-equipped 80+ bhp model that is at the hub of this issue.
Old 17th May 2016, 08:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra drops an email:

Dear Mr. Pandey,

This is with reference to your trail mail.

We value your patronage and would like to allay any apprehension that you may have with regards to your TUV300. Please be rest assured that the TUV300 with the mHAWK80 engine continues to enjoy good equity in the market and will continue as an option on all the variants. The 100 HP is an additional engine variant which we have introduced recently.

--SNIP--

Regards
Sandeep Dhond
VP- Customer Care
Now I am confused. As far as I can tell the only advantage of mHAWK80 variant over the mHAWK100 is 1kmpl increase in mileage. And the higher powered engine costs less than 10k more. Who is going to buy the mHAWK80? So why will Mahindra continue producing this variant?
Old 17th May 2016, 09:15   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Now I am confused. As far as I can tell the only advantage of mHAWK80 variant over the mHAWK100 is 1kmpl increase in mileage. And the higher powered engine costs less than 10k more. Who is going to buy the mHAWK80? So why will Mahindra continue producing this variant?
So that owners who have bought the T8 80 bhp variant do not feel left out or cheated.

You can have a look at this post.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
So that owners who have bought the T8 80 bhp variant do not feel left out or cheated.

You can have a look at this post.
I don't think Mahindra has business case for supporting a product that has 0 demand. So maybe they will officially keep T8-80 but it will not be available for purchase at dealers.
Old 17th May 2016, 11:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Playing a little devil's advocate here, while there is a lot of owners who is not happy with the way things have turned out to be, at the same time, there would be another lot of "possible owners" who would bargain hard to get an amazing discount of the current stock with Mahindra.

To me, it is the cost of doing business - Fair for some, unfair for others. We do it knowing all the possible risks involved.
I had asked the question of offers on TUV with the dealer on Sat, and was told there is nothing on the 100bhp, but on the 84, it could be upto 43k

I also asked how many of the current bookings on the 84 bhp T8 / T8+ upgraded themselves over to the 100 bhp, it was "0".

I would think, maybe this week we might see some movement in this direction, since the price difference is marginal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks