Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2016, 19:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Toyota Etios Facelift. Now launched at 6.43 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Etios is undoubtedly a good vehicle. Ive used lots of them as Uber Taxis and the ride quality, power, torque and general behaviour is first class.

Compared with Hyundai and its foolish 1.2 litre gutless petrol engines, Etios offers a more powerful package which is certainly better.

In fact, I m hassled at my Dad's 3 year old I20 which is wheezy and gutless and has no "juice" to overtake when on highways and has nothing to really recommend it other than its host of features and great service network.

Im thinking I will get them a Toyota Etios Petrol version soon to replace that dunderhead I20.
Why don't you look at the Ameo as well before taking a call? I get the feeling that it might be a better bet in terms of build Q and suchlike. Just a gut feeling - no offence to Etios owners/fans.
Old 3rd August 2016, 19:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

If you are measuring build quality as how many things have to be fixed in the car over a use of ten years - not the doors closing like a tank thing that seems to be the more common idea of build quality - even Maruti and Hyundai can't meet Toyota India standards. Let alone VW, that can't meet the standard of these two.
Sawyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

What happened to Etios/Liva Automatic? Any news whether it is still on the cards?
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:32   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
What makes you think Etios bumpers are thick plastic, irrespective how chunky it is, it is still wafer thin. Unless Toyota suddenly woke up to give a heavy build, thick bumpers are a distant dream.
A larger bumper of wafer thin plastic is any day better than a smaller one of the same quality.

On other note, it's a huge disappointment if the interior pics of the scoop pics is anything to go by that TKM is giving such a step motherly treatment for the Etios, especially since India is the Etios's first and major market.
Old 4th August 2016, 11:44   #50
BHPian

I partially close my eyes and can mistake this to be a Baleno.

Yet again, not a face-lift which would make the individual buyers to stand up and notice.
Old 4th August 2016, 12:35   #51
BHPian

Another half hearted attempt from Toyota. The grey interiors look yuck in beige. Sad that a company known for quality products continues to flog the Etios twins. Scrap this asap and get the VIOS to India already.
Old 4th August 2016, 13:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

This car surely does not appeal to the private car buyer, however, look at the sales charts and the car clocks an average of 2300 units a month. While this number ain't much, it is higher than some popular cars. Heck; the Etios out sells Tata's bread and butter Indica too.

The Etios offers a lot more room than all the chopped boot sedans and costs the same. Airbags and ABS are standard too.

If we are getting that new digital instrument console, I must say, it does look nice. Reminds me of the Honda Civic.
Old 4th August 2016, 14:10   #53
BHPian

That bumper looks too futuristic for the rest of the car! Side profile looks weird now. The bumper looks Honda-ish and the grill looks like a Baleno rip off. Why cant they just replicate the VIOS ? For a change, Etios is one car where I would recommend trimming the boot a bit! In total looks oddly bland now. The bumper job looks better on the Liva, which has always managed to look a tad more sportier than its sibling.

The center console isn't a bad thing, but the interiors sure ooze cheapness all together!
Old 4th August 2016, 15:51   #54
BHPian

Completely disappointed with the Indian facelift - looks more like a wrinkle lift :-). It's puzzling what Toyota India wants to achieve with this wrinkle lift
Old 4th August 2016, 16:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

What is there to test it in the Indian no-lift version? Looks like Toyota don't want to use scrap the tooling developed for interior components and decided to continue using it for Indian version. They could have offered at least what is there in Brazil version.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th August 2016 at 16:09.
Old 4th August 2016, 16:42   #56
BHPian

Toyota should have spared themselves this excuse of a facelift. There's nothing in it which rectifies what is wrong with the dud Etios/Etios Liva.

They should have got the Yaris instead to replace the Liva.
Old 4th August 2016, 17:18   #57
BHPian

There is so much criticism about the etios on this forum. Simple question, what do you prefer Etios @8.5 L or Yarris @12L?
Show me a car @8.5L OTR that has a better engine, dual airbags, ABS, seatbelt pre-tensioner and load limiter and a 500 liter true boot. Oh and alloy wheels too.
I for one do not want to pay a rupee more for what can only be termed as sex appeal. Thank you very much.

Last edited by kotirajendra : 4th August 2016 at 17:32.
kotirajendra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 17:40   #58
BHPian

Why is Toyota hell bent upon pushing their same lame Etios down our throats, haven't they had enough already:

Almost same body styling
Same center Speedo (looks really yuk)
Same plastic wares inside

Do they never read these forums??? Their vehicles are good solid cars, a little styling here & a little nip & tuck there wouldn't surely hurt
But seems like they are either sitting with tonnes of this junk & hope to sell it all in India someday
or they feel that they have not been able to sell these jalopies, because they forgot to put a chrome strip somewhere & therefore an update with that quintessential chrome strip shall overcome sales inertia

Last edited by Mpower : 28th August 2016 at 21:01. Reason: format
Old 5th August 2016, 14:14   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
There is so much criticism about the etios on this forum. Simple question, what do you prefer Etios @8.5 L or Yarris @12L?
The Yaris with 7 airbags costs around 16000 AUD, which is 8 lakhs something on direct conversion. A made in india/made for India would surely cost lesser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
I for one do not want to pay a rupee more for what can only be termed as sex appeal. Thank you very much.
Guess all don't think that way, or else we would not be having facelifts and next generation models with same engines.
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 14:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
The Yaris with 7 airbags costs around 16000 AUD, which is 8 lakhs something on direct conversion. A made in india/made for India would surely cost lesser.
I couldn't believe that so I re-checked. Yarris YX base price is ~ 21,000 AUD - thats 10.75 L. That is around 12L OTR.

BTW - that is still fantastically priced compared to other cars in that segment. For those features at that price, I would exchange my etios.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks