Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 01:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 W6 AT launched at Rs. 14.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubshar View Post
One thing which I dont understand is that how Mahindra is able to keep such small difference in price of Manual mode and Automatic mode (For W8 variant of AT and Manual the difference is around 10k only). Whereas other brands keep a huge difference to the tune of 1 Lakh. Dont know how Mahindra is managing this but simply a no brainer to go for AT over the Manual version now in case of XUV.
I think, you are mistaken. You may have seen the W8 AWD & W8 AT prices which are off by 10K. Whereas, W8 FWD & W8 AT have a difference of 1 lakh.
Voyager-1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 02:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2016 at 15:03.
carwatcher is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th May 2016, 07:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is good news. ATs are gaining wide acceptance in our country. And its not just in urban markets. People no longer have a stigma attached to it. And this move will make the XUV AT accessible to a wider audience.

I just hope the W6 AT doesn't lose any kit over W6 MT. W8 lost keyless entry and go along with optional AWD when the transmission went auto. Good riddance to the loss of micro hybrid anyways.

I will be more than happy if they can replace the premium black & beige interiors with all black trim. Apart from that, W6 cannot afford to lose anything else.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 08:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

A full size automatic quasi SUV at that price is bloody darn good. The Creta especially comes across as being horribly overpriced in comparison.

Automatics make even more sense now given that they are as economical as manuals if not more.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 09:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

If we consider features, the XUV500 W6 has almost everything the Creta AT has except Mag wheels, and fog lamps at a price much lesser than the Cretas. The W8 was loaded with many many more features and priced just 70K more.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 11:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
If we consider features, the XUV500 W6 has almost everything the Creta AT has except Mag wheels, and fog lamps at a price much lesser than the Cretas. The W8 was loaded with many many more features and priced just 70K more.

Rahul
What XUV W6 has over Creta SX+ :
  • Rear disc brakes
  • Automatic headlights and wipers
  • Cruise control

What Creta SX+ has over XUV W6 :
  • Front fog lamps
  • Alloy wheels
  • Push Button Start

Creta A/T costs 15.20 Lacs, ex-showroom in Mumbai. If you do not need the above features, it is better to save 90k and get the XUV5OO W6, which is a full size SUV.

And if budget is not an issue, then the XUV W8 comes will all the bells and whistles you will ever need!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th May 2016 at 12:08.
raj_5004 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 12:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
  • Rear parking sensors
W6 has the rear parking sensors. Did they remove it from the A/T version?
bejoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 12:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
A full size automatic quasi SUV at that price is bloody darn good. The Creta especially comes across as being horribly overpriced in comparison.

Automatics make even more sense now given that they are as economical as manuals if not more.
Quote:
  • Rear disc brakes
  • Cruise control
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Front fog lamps
  • Alloy wheels
  • Push Button Start
Creta A/T costs 15.20 Lacs, ex-showroom in Mumbai. If you do not need the above features, it is better to save 90k and get the XUV5OO W6, which is a full size SUV.

And if budget is not an issue, then the XUV W8 comes will all the bells and whistles you will ever need!
Very true! One can't help but bring over-priced Creta into picture when evaluating XUV500. I think some price correction of Creta , like Ecosport's, is needed. There are two very competent cars on either side of Creta. XUV500 above and Brezza below. I know two guys who changed their mind of buying Creta and went for Brezza instead, which is 95 per cent of Creta (size-wise) at 60-70 % price. And not to speak of Maruti badge which is no.1 in India.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 12:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
W6 has the rear parking sensors. Did they remove it from the A/T version?
You are right.

The XUV W6 does have rear sensors, I have corrected my initial post.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:08   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Coming to XUV, it comes with Japanese Aisin AT box
Must say, the XUV500 AT drives very well. It's the exact opposite of their TUV300 AMT debacle. Anyone interested in the XUV500 AT must read our official review (in particular, the driving post) - link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I think some price correction of Creta , like Ecosport's, is needed.
Not happening right now. Which businessman would cut the price of a product that has long waiting periods & whose production is being spiked up?

Quote:
which is 95 per cent of Creta (size-wise) at 60-70 % price
I've driven both extensively and can tell you that isn't true. The Brezza is certainly NOT 95% of the Creta. More like 60 - 65%.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
  • Rear disc brakes
  • Cruise control

• Front fog lamps
  • Alloy wheels
  • Push Button Start
Creta SX+ Auto also has[*]Reverse parking camera with Adaptive guidelines[*]Driver side epress Up/Down with anti pinch
Old 10th May 2016, 17:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Not happening right now. Which businessman would cut the price of a product that has long waiting periods & whose production is being spiked up?
Sure no one would like to reduce prices but then they are sometimes forced to, like Ford. Somehow, I feel Creta numbers (at existing prices) will start falling in coming months. Brezza may be a bit down on power as compared to Creta but it looks just a wee bit smaller on size front.

Hyundai's fluidic Verna was all the rage but soon gave way to City / Ciaz and is now selling as low as one tenth of the duo in some months. Similarly, I feel considerably lower-priced Brezza / BRV may rock its boat in coming months. Already, we have seen its monthly sales over previous month come down considerably.

You are spot on about TUV debacle. Pity Mahindra did this to a very good looking (IMO) mini-SUV. Most may call it ugly but I find its boxy Jeep-inspired look radical. They should have gone to proven Marelli for AMT.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 17:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

If there is any correction coming to Creta, I think it would be feature additions at same cost, not a price cut. One complaint about the Creta has been that it misses some premium features, which is unlike Hyundai in other segments. Of course, competition would hopefully also prevent Hyundai from increasing prices every now and then.
StarrySky is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 18:14   #29
BHPian

Lools like Mahindra hasn't informed it's folks about the launch of W6 automatic version. I booked for a test drive through their website and promptly got a call back in 30 minutes, however the lady who attended the call or her supervisor weren't aware of the launch. I wouldn't blame them for they aren't car enthusiasts, however the company heads should have ensured information is sent to Sales team across the board.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 16:19   #30
BHPian

Yes certainly a good stroke from M&M with a W6 Auto launch. This will certainly eat up now more share of Creta than before. Being pragmatic I was looking for an auto box and was confused with Vento TDI DSG HL or Creta or W8 AT but now I can look at W6. It is certainly a good competitor and have given creta a run for its money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks