Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2006, 23:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Here we go again - Toyota India at it again.

Toyota india does not realise that first they have to sell cars then bother about coming up with innovative schemes for their service.Again reiterates my point that toyota india management not that good.

No plans to launch small car or new products: Toyota

KOCHI: Leading carmaker Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) on Wednesday said it has no 'fixed' plans to launch small cars or any other new products in India for the time being.
"Toyota had launched Innova last year. For the time being, we have no fixed plans to launch a small car or new products," TKM Director T Ino told reporters.
The company would focus on increasing its share in the passenger car segment from the current four per cent to 10 per cent by 2010, he said.
Sales for Toyota's Innova had increased by 15 to 20 per cent from 3,100 units last year to 3600 units this year in the country.
TKM expects its total sales to touch 50,000 cars this year, up from last year's 46,000 cars although there were no plans of capacity expansion as its 60,000-unit plant in Karnataka was sufficient, he added.
Ino was speaking at the launch of the one hour Express Maintenance Service (EMS), a new initiative by the company to reduce servicing time for Toyota vehicles from the current one day to just one hour.
The new service, which utilises the Toyota production system and Kaizen methodologies to increase customer satisfaction, promises one hour periodic maintenance servicing for all Toyota vehicles and would cost the same as the normal service, senior company officials said.
Reduction in servicing time would be brought about by eliminating stagnation time of in-between processes and reducing process time.
Currently available only at Nippon Toyota, Kochi, EMS would be extended to four dealerships across the country by end of this year and later to six more by 2007

Source:
economictimes.com
Old 27th September 2006, 23:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

They keep saying that they want to increase market share to 10% by 2010 but how do they think they will do it? They don't have any car in the fastest growing segments in the country- B and C segment. No small car at the moment and for the next few years at least and no C segment sedan to take on NHC, Verna, Fiesta etc. I know they have the Innova but Indians prefer a sedan to a MUV. Their D segment offering, Camry, is horribly overpriced too. So that leaves the Corolla with the responsiblity to keep the Toyota flag flying high. And even that car's sales are slipping!

Last edited by amit : 27th September 2006 at 23:46.
Old 27th September 2006, 23:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is saying no new products or a small car so what does that mean are they going to re-launch old products in the indian market.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 27th September 2006 at 23:58.
Old 27th September 2006, 23:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Either Toyota is exceptionally good at keeping secrets, or their Thai mentors have OD'd on pot after taking over Indian operations.
Old 27th September 2006, 23:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think the've lost it in life!!
Old 27th September 2006, 23:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

There goes my hope of buying a Fortuner :(
Old 28th September 2006, 01:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Actually they are on record having acknowledged that after studying the fastest growing segments in this country they have concluded that they can not make a product with desirable quality at the prevalent price points here. And hence no plans for these segments.

And herein lies an interesting point. Toyotas and Hondas swept away the western world with their cheap, efficient and yet good products. Mind you Indian cars in these segments are not so horrendoudly off the quality mark either. If they can up the ante and take up their product that one notch higher they can simply storm the world markets. In fact Tatas are already doing that in SA where there comparatively crude variants of bakkies and cars have already made a huge mark.
Old 28th September 2006, 01:40   #8
ECM
BHPian

Those win who bring small segment cars in India(example maruti and Hyundai),our economics are different altogather,hope these japs sence our pulse soon.
Old 28th September 2006, 02:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has nothing to offer in the A,B,C,D,E...Z and SUV segments? Then what DOES it have to offer? Honda has plans to offer its range in entirety and is getting away with it in style. Toyota better get its marketing act together.

It's no secret that Toyota has officially expressed their interests in bringing in a certain small car. They're even scrouging for a new plant/ increase in expansion.

This type of contradictory statements are only gathering them negative faith.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Q.In which market does toyota have the smallest vehicle lineup?
Ans: India

I had written a very strong letter to toyota india long before i had joined team-bhp,if I find it i shall post it here.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:35   #11
BHPian

Wasn't the Fortuner almost confirmed to be launched?? I'm pretty sure there eas even an interview with ine of the Toyota bosses in one of the Auto mags on the subject, but i vould be mistaken

A\

mods please delete this, I cant seem to find the option

Last edited by swale84 : 28th September 2006 at 09:49.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:37   #12
BHPian

Wasn't the Fortuner almost confirmed to be launched?? I'm pretty sure there was even an interview with one of the Toyota bosses in one of the Auto mags on the subject, but i could be mistaken

In my opinion, a toyota car in the Getz/Swift segment would work wonders..even at a slight premium..

Maybe Toyota hopes their market share will go up because they expect Corolla sales to increase..
Werent they planning an all new/facelifted Corolla sometime in 2008..that gives them 2 years to increae market share..

Last edited by swale84 : 28th September 2006 at 09:48.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Just to make it clear,I am not a toyota hater.I love toyota cars,suvs and even their trucks ,buses and the whole brand in itself.If given a choice I would blindly pick a toyota vehicle amongst the various choices

But I and a number of my fellow friends are not satisfied with the working style of toyota india and have expressed some of it here and in the other threads.
Old 28th September 2006, 09:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

what can u say of a company that launches a brilliant accord rival, that is better than the accord in most if not all respects and tehn prices it 6 lakhs above the accord!!!!

I seriously think toyota has given up on the Indian market and are now not even putting up the pretence of a fight against honda
Old 28th September 2006, 10:13   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Actually they are on record having acknowledged that after studying the fastest growing segments in this country they have concluded that they can not make a product with desirable quality at the prevalent price points here. And hence no plans for these segments.

And herein lies an interesting point. Toyotas and Hondas swept away the western world with their cheap, efficient and yet good products. Mind you Indian cars in these segments are not so horrendoudly off the quality mark either. If they can up the ante and take up their product that one notch higher they can simply storm the world markets. In fact Tatas are already doing that in SA where there comparatively crude variants of bakkies and cars have already made a huge mark.
The secret of any good business organisation is making products which suit the needs to the local customer, but I feel toyota instead of mending its products to suit Indian conditions is trying to impose the models it has on the Indian Customers.
This is where they are going wrong, rightly pointed put, horribly priced Camry, boring Corolla and an odd looking Innova are the cars that thery have for Indian Customers.
Come on toyota, bring out some innovative products to suit India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks