Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:16   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic likely to return to India

The official homepage for the 2018 Honda Civic is now live.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/HondaCivic2018/

Honda Civic likely to return to India-c1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 13:25   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

All sources claim to the 2018-19 Q3-Q4 launch
Possibly after the new amaze and CRV and maybe even the face lifted version will hit our shores
I would love to hear from anyone who has a different story
Irrespectively,its eagerly awaited
Old 22nd February 2018, 20:08   #213
BHPian

Here is some new information I found about New Honda Civic 2018,
Honda Civic Diesel gets a City-beating 29.41 Kmpl mileage rating ,

https://www.cartoq.com/honda-civic-d...ileage-rating/

If anyone has already shared then please delete the post.
Old 23rd February 2018, 07:27   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay386 View Post
Here is some new information I found about New Honda Civic 2018,
Honda Civic Diesel gets a City-beating 29.41 Kmpl mileage rating ,

https://www.cartoq.com/honda-civic-d...ileage-rating/

If anyone has already shared then please delete the post.
But will it be fun to drive? Like the Petrol version? I doubt. 118 Bhp-300 Nm output apparently.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:29   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
But will it be fun to drive? Like the Petrol version? I doubt. 118 Bhp-300 Nm output apparently.

Yes, Definitely will not be the exciting as petrol being Diesel motor but neither far off from it. I think 1.6 I-Dtec (118 BHP- 300 Nm state of tune) is perfect balance of performance as well as efficiency.

Here is quick video link showing the 1.6 i-Dtec motor coupled with 6 speed manual gearbox on (Europe based) hatchback version of Civic.

Though the ambient temperature is at -2 degree but the performance looks quite impressive with decent fuel economy.
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay386 View Post
Yes, Definitely will not be the exciting as petrol being Diesel motor but neither far off from it. I think 1.6 I-Dtec (118 BHP- 300 Nm state of tune) is perfect balance of performance as well as efficiency.

Considering the fact that the fuel price difference is barely Rs 10 and the additional cost of a diesel variant, one will have to think hard to decide which one to pick.

I'm a proud owner of the 8th gen and 11 years on, the car still makes me proud. Performance isn't a let down as compared to the newcomers. On the highway, it returns a really good mileage as well.
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:28   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Considering the fact that the fuel price difference is barely Rs 10 and the additional cost of a diesel variant, one will have to think hard to decide which one to pick.

I'm a proud owner of the 8th gen and 11 years on, the car still makes me proud. Performance isn't a let down as compared to the newcomers. On the highway, it returns a really good mileage as well.

Glad to hear your ownership experience about 8th gen Honda Civic and didn't wanted to bring out Petrol or Diesel version debate here. Its individual customers choice which one to pick up based on there needs.

My motive was bring out insight of engineering aspects and technological evolution that has taken us so far in terms of refinement, performance and NVH levels
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:40   #218
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully Honda considers tweaking suspension and GC to suit Indian road conditions. Previous gen Civic was notorious for scraping its underbelly, and was a big downer for many.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 23:53   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Hopefully Honda considers tweaking suspension and GC to suit Indian road conditions. Previous gen Civic was notorious for scraping its underbelly, and was a big downer for many.
The vehicles at the fag end of production cycle around 2012 are free from such concerns. Our Civic has better clearance than our 3rd gen City in fact. The suspension too is on the firm side. Let's pray the lessons learnt from the prior experiences by Honda are taken into consideration while launching.

Last edited by avisidhu : 23rd February 2018 at 23:54.
Old 24th February 2018, 08:26   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
The vehicles at the fag end of production cycle around 2012 are free from such concerns. Our Civic has better clearance than our 3rd gen City in fact. The suspension too is on the firm side. Let's pray the lessons learnt from the prior experiences by Honda are taken into consideration while launching.
Mine was one of the first eight gen Civics. After owning it for 11 years and doing 1.6 lakhs on our roads, no roads - you can check my travelogues, it has gone where even High GC cars would shy, I can say we are really talking about a non issue. Own it to believe it

Now coming to the 10th gen, with that bumper over hang, it might get into some nasty under bumper scrapes, but then its a plastic cosmetic part anyways!!

And for a person who owns eighth gen, 10th gen is not so impressive nor compelling to put the money in. First time Civic lovers probably yes. the Petrol naturally aspirated engine is a gem. For the eight gen owners, its pretty much business as usual.

Diesel I have no experience. But from thew video attached by akshay, i did a mental map with what my experience in eight gen 1.8 petrol. The building up of speed till 160 in the video is pretty much similar to that of the 1.8 petrol. 160 to 180-185, probably it was done in 5th gear in the video, seemed to be a bit strained, and above 185 I guess it was on the taller 6th gear it really looked like a struggle to gain more speed. Comparing with 1.8, yes till 180-190 it'd come and then strain itself to the next speeds. And it reaches 200, and will struggle to 205. At 205 on plain roads its that, its electronically limited. then any more speed it'd be slope, wind speed etc, and not the engine. I see similar behavior in Diesel from the video. It goes flat out at 210. Probably 210 due to 6th taller gear.

So in my opinion, the build of speed till 160-180 is similar to 1.8 NA for the diesel in discussion and the video.

But then I love petrol engines, its emotional - no logical explanation.
laluks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 08:27   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Interesting! Did Honda India really modify/tweak the India Civic's suspension towards the end?

When I bought my Cruze in 2011, I just did not consider the Civic primarily because of the abysmal ground clearance issue. I was deeply impressed with the superb high quality interiors and the Honda reliability, but could not stomach the hideous scraping on most Bangalore speedbreakers.
Old 24th February 2018, 15:17   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

https://www.hondacarindia.com/HondaCivic2018/

Thanks for Sharing. Here's the link I drool over (it's bookmarked on my browser ).

https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan

It's US honda website.
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 11:21   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Mine was one of the first eight gen Civics. After owning it for 11 years and doing 1.6 lakhs on our roads, no roads - you can check my travelogues, it has gone where even High GC cars would shy, I can say we are really talking about a non issue. Own it to believe it

Now coming to the 10th gen, with that bumper over hang, it might get into some nasty under bumper scrapes, but then its a plastic cosmetic part anyways!!
That is something good to know. I also know fellow BHPian Nikhil has taken his Civic to Ladakh from Bangalore. But from my family and friends who have owned Civic, the biggest downer they had was GC. Many would limit it to just city use because of bad GC. As per them things are okay when you travel with 2 adults+kids at back. It get's bad when the car is loaded, it sags quite a lot and bottoms out in most of the road humps. You can check this thread which is dedicated to Civic Ground clearance http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nce-civic.html

Last edited by PrideRed : 26th February 2018 at 11:22.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 22:16   #224
BHPian

Here is a review of the UK-spec Civic 1.6 i-DTEC by Car and Driver.

Some excerpts -

Fuel efficiency
Quote:
But the new engine isn’t about firepower, instead focusing on efficiency and emissions. And on those measures, it is almost unbeatable. Europe’s NEDC fuel-economy figures are notoriously optimistic, so the Civic i-DTEC’s official figure of 67 mpg combined (when converted to U.S. gallons) is best seen as a means of comparison with other cars rather than an indicator of real-world performance. That number is identical to the one Toyota claims for the 2018 Prius, and it does make the Civic one of the most efficient cars available in Europe.
Emissions
Quote:
More impressive is that the Civic is already able to pass the stringent new Euro 6D TEMP emissions standard—a year ahead of its implementation. That standard uses real-world testing to ensure emissions of NOx and particulates don’t go above 2.1 times the permitted laboratory values during everyday use. For reference, a report from 2015 suggested that some diesels emit up to 14 times their official NOx levels out on the road.
Refinement
Quote:
Refinement is the i-DTEC’s most impressive quality, especially given the challenge of not standing out in the already quiet Civic. At idle, it’s fractionally louder than its gasoline siblings, and it is possible to feel small amounts of telltale diesel vibration through the steering wheel and the gearshift. But once the car is moving, the engine doesn’t seem to be louder than any gasoline-fueled Civic powerplant, nor does it sound coarse when whipped to the 4900-rpm limiter. The rest of the driving experience feels predictably close to that of the regular Civic, with the same light but accurate steering, well-damped ride, and respectable but unexceptional grip levels.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic likely to return to India-2018hondacivicidtecdiesel1071.jpg  

Last edited by Aaron:) : 26th February 2018 at 22:20.
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 19:59   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto Express reviews the CIVIC -1.6-litre i-DTEC ,

Honda Civic likely to return to India-cv.jpg

Quote:
The well-sorted driving experience is another boon. The petrol car’s sharp steering, responsive chassis and precise gearing have all been carried over wholesale, while the torquey diesel motor is a strong performer – both in town and on the open road

Quote:
There’s no denying it’s a bit louder on the move. Whereas the turbo petrol is barely audible at low speeds, the diesel ticks along with a gruff rumble. Let the revs rise and you’ll notice the noise, while the stop-start system is less refined, too; the engine rattling into life with perceptible vibration when you dip the clutch pedal.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks