Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2018, 08:03   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic likely to return to India

This is it, India-bound Honda Civic facelift revealed

Honda Civic likely to return to India-0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180813100139_civic_facelift1.jpg

• There's now a front ‘wing’ finished in piano black instead of the chrome bar.
  • New reworked Bumpers and New Design Alloy Wheels.
  • Inside, the Civic facelift gets Honda's updated seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
  • Honda is expected to introduce the Civic facelift with a 1.8-litre, 140hp petrol engine, 1.6-litre Earth Dreams diesel engine, the same engine that’ll also be powering the CR-V.
  • Additionally, Honda could also pair the diesel with a nine-speed automatic, just like the CR-V.
  • Launch slated to take place in the first half of 2019.
  • Expected to be priced between Rs 16-20 lakh.

Source
CarguyNish is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 08:54   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw loads in Bangkok in every colour and configuration available. Looks sporty, funky but quirky. Rear hatch looks not to everyone's taste even in Thailand where they usually like cutting-edge looks. Plus somehow 'looks' somewhat smaller than what it actually is maybe due to the tapered bonnet.

Rear doors are very sculpted and with a sharp curve downwards at the C pillar. Did not get into the back seat, but I can imagine it will be difficult for tall and/or elderly to ingress/egress.

Best of luck to Honda India! I for one will be overjoyed if it brings some life into the withering D segment.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 09:22   #258
Senior - BHPian

The new Civic looks brilliant in person. The sedan that is, the hatch is preposterous with its sharp details which resemble some kitchen appliances more than a feature found on a car. Especially the Type R. Anyway I am digressing here.

But the sedan manages to look sporty and elegant at the same time. Especially with that Steel Metallic shade which Honda does so well.

That's another thing, the Japanese mainstream sedans for the US market look really sporty. Even Toyota for that matter. Both manufacturers don't add thick details all around the car absolutely washed in chrome like we get here. Instead the details are sharp, subtle and modern.

Our Japanese sedans look like a Cadillac from the past instead! Hopefully, Honda wouldn't ruin the Civic much. The new Civic with a powerful petrol engine and a smooth and sporty AT can definitely find homes here I think.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:07   #259
Senior - BHPian

I hope and pray Honda does not mess up the pricing. They need to up their game or might end up going the GM way one day. They no longer can afford to be a "One hit wonder" (City) company.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 10:09   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

140 bhp from a 1.8L petrol in 2018? You gotta be kidding Honda! Not asking for Type R kind of figures, but 140 hp is embarrassing for a Honda 1.8.
Santoshbhat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
[b]][*]There's now a front ‘wing’ finished in piano black instead of the chrome bar.
Curious as to how a black car would look with this black front wing. Despite not being a fan of chrome, IMO a chrome wing would have suited a black car better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
[b][*]Expected to be priced between Rs 16-20 lakh.
So hope this is true (or that prices are lower for top end )
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 09:32   #262
BHPian

The photo above has corrupted me. The new one looks bland.

Civic owner for the last ten years, and the most important thing for me is how a car looks. Impractical, I know. But I care about the looks and design. And that first photo has already corrupted me. Compared to that, the one that will come to India looks seriously bland. Perhaps its the silver paint, perhaps the design itself. But looks seriously uninspiring.

Last edited by lawdgawd : 15th August 2018 at 09:36.
lawdgawd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 10:46   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdgawd View Post

The photo above has corrupted me. The new one looks bland.
I too did feel so looking at both the photographs. But the shine of metallic steel has a good contribution to the looks of the first one.

Though the India bound Civic is not as stunning as the other one, it looks good enough IMO. It looks grand, elegant and mildly sporty at the same time. The fender looks more sporty in India bound version. The headlamps too are good looking enough. The foglamps look dated. But the overall looks shall be able beat the present Elantra, Octy.

If they price it at around 19 - 20 lakhs, it shall really sell very well.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 15th August 2018 at 10:55.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 10:58   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Not asking for Type R kind of figures, but 140 hp is embarrassing for a Honda 1.8.
True. This is the Civic nanny version. The real gem is in their Civic Type R which belts out 300bhp and 400nm from a 2l Vtec Turbo. This is a gem of an engine. Unfortunately; this specification will push up the price by a lot which will make the Civic a non mover in our market. While the NA 1.8l is mundane by today's standards, it offers good drive ability and as a baseline engine, works well.

Honda also have their 1.5l Vtec Turbo belting out a modest 170 horses. This could probably be offered as a option above the standard NA 1.8, while keeping prices in check. Let us see what Honda India finally decide to do.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 15:22   #265
BHPian

Few more pics that are available.

Honda Civic likely to return to India-410325ce2019hondacivicsedancoupe1.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-b1ab95a02019hondacivicsedancoupe2.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-d8ecc58c2019hondacivicsedancoupe3.jpg

Source:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/here-...refresh.27316/

http://hondanews.com/releases/with-r...edan-and-coupe

There's also a short write up on the changes.

Last edited by Jeevith : 15th August 2018 at 15:45. Reason: Updating the source (there was another link in the civicx.com source)
Jeevith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 11:35   #266
BHPian

from the article

"The Sport trim features a high-revving 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC® engine mated to either a smooth and efficient CVT with G-Shift Control or a slick-shifting 6-speed manual"

is the sports trim planned for the CIVIC?
Old 17th August 2018, 11:39   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
While the NA 1.8l is mundane by today's standards, it offers good drive ability and as a baseline engine, works well.
Wasn't the old 1.8 VTec infamous for poor low end performance? Hope that been resolved in the subsequent iterations.

Here's what GTO had to say about the driveability of his older 1.8 in city conditions -
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Low rpm throttle response is poor, the Civic's achilles heel since day one. It definitely took some getting used to. When I get in touch with my Tuner for a power-box / remap, improving low end torque is top priority. Under 3,000 rpms, its obvious that the engine has been tuned for low emissions & fuel efficiency.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th August 2018 at 11:46.
Old 17th August 2018, 12:23   #268
Senior - BHPian

A Civic owner for almost 12 years and counting, I'm still a bit skeptical if this car can replace my 8th Gen.
Somehow, it's just not cutting it, as compared to the older one, as far as looks is concerned.

I think the rear also has the transmission bump. Can anyone share interior pics if they are available?

What I hope is:

1. The driveability has improved, especially at lower rpms.
2. The power steering system is hassle free. Does it have an EPS or will the HPS be continued?
3. No Engine mount woes.

The other two cosmetic things that I hope for are:

1. Digital Speedo ( This I know is present, although the dash doesn't look like a cockpit anymore)
2. The wiper arrangement. That cleared most of the glass area, movement was different than any other car.
Old 17th August 2018, 12:56   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I think the rear also has the transmission bump. Can anyone share interior pics if they are available?
Honda Civic likely to return to India-26-dsc00382.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-24-dsc00378.jpg

Source:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4353719

On a separate note, I personally prefer these alloys as opposed to the ones displayed.

Honda Civic likely to return to India-images-2.jpeg

Last edited by Jeevith : 17th August 2018 at 13:22.
Jeevith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 20:02   #270
BHPian

Still the Old Civic looks much much better to my eyes !

Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks