Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2016, 17:31   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic likely to return to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
You simply can't go wrong with the Toyota altis. I'd even say it's an easier car to own than the civic. BUT (there's always a but ...), in terms of ATs the Civic is hands down a more engaging car to drive. I own a civic AT for 9 years, and having driven a new Altis AT last year, I could still confidently say my Civic brings a smile on the face at the wheel which the Altis can't match.

The Altis does look nice though in its own right, the rear seat as well as driving position is a bit more comfortable, even the ride perhaps a bit better and I'm assuming the FE would be better too. So then really your call if you're willing to make the shift.

On a related note, the new Civic is coming with a CVT engine. I'd wait to see if it continues to be as engaging to drive as the old civic. I'm yet to come across a Honda CVT engine that's been fun to drive but then I haven't experienced these in the higher end models.
Totally agree. You cant go wrong with an Altis. Good D1 segment car. A little staid. Civic is more engaging, but if you are in a a crowded city it may not matter so much. Big point is my 9 year old civic is more silent than the brand new Altis in Road noise. High speed Civic is more planted. The new Civic will have a lot of bells and whistles, which one may not really need. The current Altis has the right mix of essential features.
Old 8th August 2016, 17:34   #92
BHPian

My enquiries with Honda dealerships, I have not got any information on either the Civic or the Accord in the next 3-4 months window.
Old 9th August 2016, 14:39   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
My enquiries with Honda dealerships, I have not got any information on either the Civic or the Accord in the next 3-4 months window.
The Accord is rumored to launch during the festive season, while the Civic will come only next year.
Since you already have a Civic, the new Altis won't be that much of an upgrade for you. I suggest waiting for the facelifted Altis and Civic.
Old 25th August 2016, 18:45   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
For me one of the reasons the Civic stood out from the rest because of the dual dasboard design which when lit up still looks futuristic. Maybe the dash here does not atleast to me look that fancy maybe because the gizmos and lights are swtiched off. The interior looks like any other car but better pics might do justice. Still looking forward to see this here
I'm a big fan of the dual dashboard design too. It looks like something from the future even today. Its a pitty that the new civic sports a more conventional dashboard design but never the less the exterior styling is really impressive.
Whiplash7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 10:34   #95
BANNED

There is one thing which makes the new Civic somewhat unattractive for me. It is the Turbocharged engine. Let us see how well, Honda manage to control the dreaded turbo lag. One place where normally aspirated engines are supreme is the instant response to the right pedal.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 07:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

So it's more or less confirmed :

http://www.economictimes.com/industr...w/53883277.cms

A hybrid version of Accord, Honda Civic and a compact SUV.
Old 6th September 2016, 12:11   #97
BHPian

Wait for the Civic or go for the new Elantra?

Hyundai may increase prices in 2017 so if the Civic doesn't come in at a killer price, I might lose out on both fronts.
Old 6th September 2016, 14:26   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Wait for the Civic or go for the new Elantra?

Hyundai may increase prices in 2017 so if the Civic doesn't come in at a killer price, I might lose out on both fronts.
Depends mate. If petrol, then the sweet combination of turbo charging, driver oriented manners and Honda reliability makes a very strong case in favour of the Civic. For diesel however nothing can match the refined nature of Hyundai. My friends Verna still has a silent cabin after 85K odd KMs.

But the steering feedback of the Verna is non palatable (no idea about the Elantra though, others can comment better). If the steering feedback and other such aspects are similar to how it's between the Verna and City, then at least I'd stick with the Honda. Especially considering that the Civic is way ahead of even the City in this regard.

Also, if I compare the A.S.S costs of both Verna and City over the 5 plus years me and my friend have owned each, the City has had a fraction of bills run by the Verna. Honda is definitely cheaper to maintain as per what I have seen, even after factoring the fact that the Verna was Diesel and City petrol.
avisidhu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 18:36   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda has introduced a 1.0L turbo-charged version of the Civic in the Chinese market.

Dubbed as the 180Turbo, the car looks identical to it's 1.5L turbo-charged sibling which is badged as the 220Turbo, except for minor changes. Mated to both manual and CVT transmissions, the Civic 180Turbo makes 125PS of power and peak torque of about 180Nm. For this output, it uses a high-tumble intake port, a high efficiency cooling cylinder head, pistons with cooling gallery, sodium-filled exhaust valves as well as a variable capacity oil pump. Also, the tiny, turbo-charged Honda unit features an idling stop system to aid fuel economy as well.

Performance-wise, the 180Turbo heart can propel the Civic from zero to 100kmph in 11.3 seconds with a top speed of 200 kmph.

Will we get this version in India? Only time will tell.

Honda Civic likely to return to India-autohomecar__wkjb0fguz7qaeao3aajxyfrzh3s931.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-autohomecar__wkgh3fguz5yajcfpaalyfxdbqt4880.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-autohomecar__wkghzlguz66ajpkwaalwa9aso0c341.jpg

Autohome China
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 12:54   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Any confirmation from a Honda Official about the launch? 2017 or 2018? The former would be apt. Even our neighbor gets the latest model and we don't :/

Can anyone post the expected mileage figures of the 1.8 and the 1.5 turbocharged variants?
The new Civic is being planned as MY 18.
Old 27th January 2017, 15:17   #101
BHPian

The latest issue of Autocar has a comprehensive story on the new civic. Key points:
- Headed to India by end of 2017
- Likely to be assembled here. Will cost between 16-20 lakh if not more.
- The turbo petrol is a stonking performer. 170+ horses spooling from low in the rev band. Honda seems to have done a good job of nullifying the turbo lag.
- All new platform which will also be used in the next gen Accord. The new civic is as wide as the Accord, 35 Kgs lighter & with a stiffer chassis
- The suspension has hydraulic mounts & a new independent rear suspension. Ride is better than most Honda's

Personally I am super excited looking at this car. A sporty easy to maintain high performance Japanese car is exactly what the D1 segment needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic likely to return to India-img_0234.png  

Last edited by Silverfire : 27th January 2017 at 15:18. Reason: Typos
Silverfire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:38   #102
BHPian

I saw this head line on the autocar issue of Feb 2017. Was waiting for the entire article. I have been looking for news about its launch in India but few websites claimed that it's not planned in near future. However, this article has surely lifted the hopes of many people who are waiting for the new civic. I am excited about this car too. She looks stunning and is fully loaded (foreign spec car). Let's wait and see what all features will make to India.
Old 27th January 2017, 15:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

This is just so uninspiring especially compared to the timeless design of the Civic that was available in India in the mid 2000s. It still does not look too dated compared to more contemporary designs. I wish Honda had a worthy successor to that iconic Civic.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 16:02   #104
BHPian

Turbo in a petrol Honda? Wooot?! This will be one awesome beast. Looks spectacular (like Audi A7 type) as well.

Keep it sensibly priced and this will be a game changer in D segment.

Finally some good competition to ze germans!
Old 27th January 2017, 19:02   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Turbo in a petrol Honda?

Keep it sensibly priced and this will be a game changer in D segment.

I wouldn't get too happy on Honda bringing the turbo to India.

In fact I'm pretty much willing to bet if they bring it to India, even the lowest trim might start around 15L+ in India. I even think the top of the line version will lack features that we get abroad and Honda will still end up pricing it around 19L

A colleague of mine drives a top of the line current gen non turbo Civic here in the UAE bought in Nov 2016 & the OTR price itself is pretty high around 90000 AED if I recall correctly.

Converting to INR even to get a basic idea of the positioning makes for quite a Sticker Shock!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks