Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 11:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic likely to return to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Haven't sat in it myself but one of my friends who studies in the US recently bought the 1.5 turbo. He had to say that the interior quality is leaps and bounds ahead of the old one but nothing special compared to the rest in its segment. I agree with you on the design aspect with VW but still feel Honda's dash design lacks any character whatsoever even if it is an over-used one like the VW/Skoda designs. He also tells me that it performs well but the steering lacks feel. He did however mention that it was loaded to the gills with gizmos and features. That's all I know so far but doesn't seem too special to me.
The new 2016 civic is really one of the most refined cars in the midsize segment that i have driven after moving to Canada. In fact i liked it so much that I ended up buying it as my first car. I have driven the jetta, the cruze ( sold here with the 1.4), the chrysler 200c and the corolla but this car has such an amazing all round package that it's a complete no brainer as to why it has won so many awards here.

Driving the 2.0 now I can say it has an amazing package of performance and fuel efficiency. I get close to 13 km/l in city conditions and about 17-18 on the highways and not to forget the insane amount of features it offers. My manager liked my car so much he ended up buying the turbo.

The new civic if priced and equipped right can be the turn around that Honda needs to be back in the premium segment. The new civic though, is a car that would appeal to the younger audience, with it's low stance and ground clearence. So it would be interesting to see how a car priced around 20 lakhs with the younger audience as the target would work in the indian market.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic likely to return to India-img_20160516_2960.jpg  

Honda Civic likely to return to India-img_20160516_36329.jpg  

Honda Civic likely to return to India-img_20160516_58717.jpg  

Honda Civic likely to return to India-1.jpg  

rockporiom is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 14:46   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Will Honda price it as competitively as the Corolla? If it does, that's good (despite the overlap, though Honda won't agree with me). If Honda prices it higher than the Corolla, it's not going anywhere.

A predicament indeed.

Honda should also do something different and bring the Civic Hybrid here in CKD form. That'll give it a solid differentiator at a reasonable premium.
This Honda Civic looks & feels more premium in every department compared to the current Altis. To my mind, variant for variant, if it is priced smack between the comparable Altis and Octavia, it should command its own following. I for one would any day pick this Civic over an Altis.

This is the first car in a long time that seems to reek of the Honda DNA that we associated with with the Civic as well as 1st & 2nd Gen City. Hopefully so will the driving experience (all sub 15 lakh Hondas, certainly the ATs that I've driven are disappointingly underwhelming, Gen 3 onwards City included).

I love the idea of a Hybrid Civic. Interesting 'alternate' option if it is sub - 26 lakh on road. Priced too much higher and people may even start cross shopping with a diesel Superb that gives much more car with Diesel efficiency to boot.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 18:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The new 2016 civic is really one of the most refined cars in the midsize segment that i have driven after moving to Canada. In fact i liked it so much that I ended up buying it as my first car.
Congratulations buddy I recently read a thread on "Ward's top 10 interiors" the new Civic seems to have impressed them very much with all its features. Hope to see most of the tech trickle down to India. My friend did mention great performance but stated a slight disappointment with steering feedback. What do you think about the steering?
Old 16th May 2016, 21:04   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations buddy I recently read a thread on "Ward's top 10 interiors" the new Civic seems to have impressed them very much with all its features. Hope to see most of the tech trickle down to India. My friend did mention great performance but stated a slight disappointment with steering feedback. What do you think about the steering?
The car's that i mentioned above except for the chrysler had a stupid excuse for a steering, they were too light and disconnected. The civic is definitely better in this department, light at city speeds and weighs up on the highway. It could do with a bit more feedback but after all its an electric steering. Plus your friend would have the 17 inch wheels whereas i have the 16 inch ones, that might also cause the difference.

Trust me even if 60-70% of the tech reaches india it would be a great package.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 22:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

The latest model is definitely a looker. And it's up to date with the spec list. A sub 20 lakh pricetag for the base model should set the segment on fire. Any concrete news on if this will get to India? I'll start saving anyway. I've realized that if I have to get a replacement sedan, only a Civic can replace my Civic
Old 17th May 2016, 11:31   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

New Civic vs Old Civic, courtesy Paul Tan's blog:

Honda Civic likely to return to India-hondacivicnewvsold121200x762.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-hondacivicnewvsold101200x485.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-hondacivicnewvsold81200x745.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-hondacivicnewvsold11200x671.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-hondacivicnewvsold41200x800.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 14:50   #52
Team-BHP Support

Looks sexy in this RS trim without the chrome moustache, and the black shade.

Old 20th May 2016, 17:49   #53
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks sexy in this RS trim without the chrome moustache, and the black shade.
Looks mean. Imagine this at night with the headlights on, it will look killer. Honda should do away will the extra large chrome garnish from all it's cars, for me personally it spoils the looks.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 21:19   #54
Team-BHP Support

Honda Civic likely to return to India

Super video. I can't quite explain this but I have a 6 month old BMW GT and I'm still completely drooling over this new Civic. Bring it on!!
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 22:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Looks good! Anyone knows what engine option we might be getting? Assuming the new civic would touch the 20 lakh mark, I would still stay away if its just coming with a 1.6 Engine, Which i think will be the one coming with the civic.

Can't just buy a car if it only looks mean!
Old 24th May 2016, 03:43   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
New Civic vs Old Civic, courtesy
Here's a video now, from the Australian market.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 00:08   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2017 Honda Civic has been spotted in Honda's Tapukara plant.

Honda Civic likely to return to India-2017hondacivicfront.jpg

Honda Civic likely to return to India-2017hondacivicinteriors.jpg

Probably an RHD international model, the Civic has been imported into India for research and testing purposes. The spotted car is an automatic, with an all-new OEM touchscreen Head Unit.

Honda Cars India had already stated that they will be bringing the 2017 Civic to Indian shores by next year.

Motorbeam
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 06:29   #58
BHPian

Glad to hear that Honda has decided to bring in the next generation Civic next year! A friend recently drove one in Bangkok and is mighty impressed with the car. Right now, to gain back that premium tag and a sense of trust again Honda really needs to price it well and pitch it back in the game.
Rumors were 1.6L i-dtec will debut on the 2017 CR-V but as this car is also coming in the same year will the engine debut in it?
Old 7th June 2016, 10:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic likely to return to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 2017 Honda Civic has been spotted in Honda's Tapukara plant.

Probably an RHD international model, the Civic has been imported into India for research and testing purposes. The spotted car is an automatic, with an all-new OEM touchscreen Head Unit.

Honda Cars India had already stated that they will be bringing the 2017 Civic to Indian shores by next year.

Motorbeam

Are you sure this is in India? The same photo along with a brilliant orangish red coloured Civic popped up in my FB time line in the Imports and Exotics in Pakistan page. The pricing details were also mentioned. Since the captions were so elaborate I thought them to legit.

EDIT: in fact if you notice carefully the second picture is that of the red civic not the white one.

Last edited by Pancham : 7th June 2016 at 10:53.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 11:11   #60
Team-BHP Support

This is from Pakistan!!!

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/civi...23#post5101796
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks