Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 09:50   #76
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic likely to return to India

Would be disappointing if they get the new Civic with the 1.8 NA 140-odd bhp engine here.

It has to be the brilliant 1.5 Turbo. The Civic with this engine will definitely move the game ahead.
Old 14th June 2016, 10:03   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
City?? At first glance, it looked like BR-V interior to me. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Well, I for one really like the interiors. I think it's dashboard is one of the best in its class in terms of design.
Looks like Honda has made the dashboard design as a family trait between the various small cars in the range, from the upcoming Brio to Civic.

Here's a pic of the dashboard from the BRV. Looks similar to the one on the upcoming Civic (as with the City too). Mostly the passenger side space and the overall flow along with the theme on the ac vents remains the same.

BRV. (Brio, Amaze gets beige theme of this dashboard)
Honda Civic likely to return to India-091img_0223.jpg

New Civic-
Honda Civic likely to return to India-2016hondacivic1.5tpremium1711200x800.jpg

That said, the design is still good for the segment and should not have any cause for complaint if the fit, finish and equipment levels of the Civic are the same as that of the international cousins.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th June 2016 at 10:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 16:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Would be disappointing if they get the new Civic with the 1.8 NA 140-odd bhp engine here.

It has to be the brilliant 1.5 Turbo. The Civic with this engine will definitely move the game ahead.

I wish it's the turbo but I doubt since a 180 bhp figure might make them increase the price to 25 L category which I believe is not civic's market in India.
Old 15th June 2016, 00:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

I like the interiors too, but those of the Hyundai Elantra. I am not a fan of the multi colour, multi layer designs. The simple single dark colour finish with the aluminium highlights and the entire console tilted towards the driver with twin pods for the speedo & the rev meter along with other gauges gives a very old school look and that's what I want in my cars. Couple of years ago I would not have given Hyundai a second look but this car maker is steadily getting it right bit by bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Well, I for one really like the interiors.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:17   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

The 10th-gen 2016 Civic is now up for pre-orders in Pakistan.

Scheduled for a July-end launch with a price range between 16.23-18.6 lakh rupees (converted), the pricing guide gives us an idea of what to expect from the all-new Civic:

Honda Civic likely to return to India-2016hondacivicpakistan.jpg

Since it will be sourced from Thailand, Thai-specs will apply to the Pakistan-specific Civic. It remains to be seen if Honda will offer that sweet 1.5L i-VTEC Turbo, 220Nm engine in the India-specific Civic, scheduled to hit our shores next year.

IAB
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 15:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Any confirmation from a Honda Official about the launch? 2017 or 2018? The former would be apt. Even our neighbor gets the latest model and we don't :/

Can anyone post the expected mileage figures of the 1.8 and the 1.5 turbocharged variants?
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:52   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Any confirmation from a Honda Official about the launch? 2017 or 2018? The former would be apt. Even our neighbor gets the latest model and we don't :/

Can anyone post the expected mileage figures of the 1.8 and the 1.5 turbocharged variants?
Honda hasn't made any official announcement, but according to news reports, a mid 2017 launch seems likely.
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Any update on the new Civic's launch in India?
Old 23rd June 2016, 20:42   #84
BHPian

The below video shows details of Honda Civic 2016 Turbo.

Just saw this on Youtube since India is mentioned in the title and thought of sharing it.

No idea if this will be launched in India or not.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 23rd June 2016 at 20:52.
vvrchandra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 21:45   #85
BHPian

Here's a comparison test conducted by Car and Driver USA between the Cruze, Civic, Elantra, Mazda 3, Nissan Sentra and Elantra. Makes for a rather interesting read -

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

The results are -
5. Nissan Sentra
4. Hyundai Elantra
3. Chevrolet Cruze
2. Honda Civic
1. Mazda 3
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic likely to return to India-pic-2.jpg  

Honda Civic likely to return to India-pic1.jpg  

Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 23:36   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

The Civic's 1.5L VTEC 171HP/220Nm, direct-injection Turbocharged variant highlighted in an exclusive walk-around by Paul Tan.

(Check out the very cool "Remote Engine Start" feature at 1:35 onwards)

Big question - will Honda bring this particular variant to India next year?

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd August 2016 at 23:38.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 15:17   #87
BHPian

Have been using the civic for 9 years ...need a new car how's corolla as choice...prefer Japanese cars. Is it worth waiting for the new civic/accord, any time frame???? the corolla altis looks good and reliable just a little noisy (yes the test drive car one compared to my 9 year old civic)
Old 4th August 2016, 16:08   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Have been using the civic for 9 years ...need a new car how's corolla as choice...prefer Japanese cars. Is it worth waiting for the new civic/accord, any time frame???? the corolla altis looks good and reliable just a little noisy (yes the test drive car one compared to my 9 year old civic)
Did you find it as engaging to drive as the Civic? That's the commonly heard comment that the Corolla is boring to drive(no personal experience). Having picked up a used Civic and driven for few days, I can vouch that it's indeed very engaging to drive, so maybe that's something you should keep in mind.

Shopping within the same segment is always problematic, if not careful one can end up feeling like he didn't upgrade to something better but rather lost out on things he inherently liked in the previous car. For instance, I would never trade my 3rd gen City for Verna having driven both, despite all the bells and whistles it may have.

Would suggest you to extensively test drive and see if you can connect with the Corolla. As a product there's nothing that would go wrong so no need to worry on that aspect. Else better wait since the Civic is around the corner.
avisidhu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 23:50   #89
BHPian

Thanks avisidhu...planning more test drives to get a real feel, but in mumbai traffic most cars get boring to drive. The only thing that keeps you going is the love for the car and the comfort. also in the current rains I found seepage from the B pillar, the seat belts are also wet. entire mat has gone damp
Old 6th August 2016, 15:10   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Thanks avisidhu...planning more test drives to get a real feel, but in mumbai traffic most cars get boring to drive. The only thing that keeps you going is the love for the car and the comfort. also in the current rains I found seepage from the B pillar, the seat belts are also wet. entire mat has gone damp

You simply can't go wrong with the Toyota altis. I'd even say it's an easier car to own than the civic. BUT (there's always a but ...), in terms of ATs the Civic is hands down a more engaging car to drive. I own a civic AT for 9 years, and having driven a new Altis AT last year, I could still confidently say my Civic brings a smile on the face at the wheel which the Altis can't match.

The Altis does look nice though in its own right, the rear seat as well as driving position is a bit more comfortable, even the ride perhaps a bit better and I'm assuming the FE would be better too. So then really your call if you're willing to make the shift.

On a related note, the new Civic is coming with a CVT engine. I'd wait to see if it continues to be as engaging to drive as the old civic. I'm yet to come across a Honda CVT engine that's been fun to drive but then I haven't experienced these in the higher end models.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks