Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 05:28   #1
BHPian

Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation

Unveiled just a couple months back at Geneva Motor Show, Mercedes have not wasted any time and already got the C-Class Cabriolet in India for homologation.

Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation-capture.jpg

Variant that has been imported is C300 Cabriolet. The C300 receives its power from a 2.0L, 4-cylinder petrol engine capable of 241 BHP. Power is delivered to rear wheels via the 9G-TRONIC transmission.

Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation-mercedesbenzcclass_cabriolet2017102405.jpg

Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation-mercedesbenzcclass_cabriolet2017102413.jpg

Source: Zauba

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 21st May 2016 at 05:30.
Senna4Ever is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 07:18   #2
BHPian

Now. This is a car that I 'd love to own.

Its the right size and looks smashing.
Old 16th October 2016, 15:58   #3
BHPian

Re: Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation

The launch is closer as Mercedes starts to import units of C300 as CBU. C300 is powered by a 2.0L turbocharged petrol engine capable of 241 BHP@5500 RPM and 370Nm@1300-4000 RPM, delivered via 9G-Tronic tranmission.

0-100 km/h comes up in 6.4 seconds.

Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation-capture.jpg

Source: Zauba
Old 16th October 2016, 22:48   #4
BHPian

Would be killer if priced a tad lower or around the A3 cab. That being a FWD kills the fun but this is a proper RWD baby beast with usable rear seats
Old 17th October 2016, 09:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Would be killer if priced a tad lower or around the A3 cab. That being a FWD kills the fun but this is a proper RWD baby beast with usable rear seats
I doubt it, the C is at a segment higher. I reckon it will be 10 lakhs more
Old 17th October 2016, 10:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Cabriolet's do not work in our country due to their soft tops. The A3, E-class Carb have all been flops. Hard top convertibles do but not many cars have that option.
Mercedes should instead launch the C63S AMG coupe to fill the gap in the market for sports coupes, even the RS5 has been discontinued and the S5 is only in a sedan version. The like of the m5, rs7, m3 have changed the trend from sports coupes to sports sedans by offering supercar power with 4 doors.
However, I personally yet feel a coupe is a better handler and more suited to push around corners to utilize all that power. Moreover, a coupe version looks so much better!
Old 17th October 2016, 13:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Cabriolet's do not work in our country due to their soft tops. The A3, E-class Carb have all been flops. Hard top convertibles do but not many cars have that option.
Mercedes should instead launch the C63S AMG coupe to fill the gap in the market for sports coupes, even the RS5 has been discontinued and the S5 is only in a sedan version. The like of the m5, rs7, m3 have changed the trend from sports coupes to sports sedans by offering supercar power with 4 doors.
However, I personally yet feel a coupe is a better handler and more suited to push around corners to utilize all that power. Moreover, a coupe version looks so much better!
Completely agree! Looks horrid with the top up... and that's pretty much how it will be driven in India 90% of the time. That said, the SLK and SL both have retractable hard tops so I guess Merc is thinking of bringing in something different to the market.
Old 17th October 2016, 14:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I doubt it, the C is at a segment higher. I reckon it will be 10 lakhs more
Very much possible, I guessed it using the similar import prices of the two. My 2 cents to them would be to price it not more than 5L higher than the A Cab and offer the car with option for AMG package. I really think it will do better than A3 cabriolet should that be the case.
Mercedes imports C-Class Cabriolet for homologation-screen-shot-20161017-2.35.14-pm.png
Old 17th October 2016, 15:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Cabriolet launching soon in India

Mercedes-Benz will soon be launching the C 300 Cabriolet in India. The Cabriolet is basically a convertible version of the C-Class Coupe, and thus shares most of its styling cues and features with this sibling.

The German automaker unveiled the C 300 Cabriolet at this year's Geneva Motor Show. It gets an electronically foldable fabric roof that can be operated at speeds of up to 50 km/h.

The interiors of the Cabriolet are nearly identical to that of the C-Class coupe, with the only difference being the use of heat reflecting leather on the seats, and a new button on the dashboard that controls the convertible's roof mechanism. The C-Class Cabriolet also gets the company's Aircap system that minimizes air draft in the cabin when the roof is down.

The India-spec model is expected to come with only one engine option: a turbocharged 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol unit. This is the same engine that powers the GLC 300 petrol. The engine will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.

Once launched, the Mercedes C 300 Cabriolet will compete against the likes of the Audi A3 Cabriolet and the BMW 4-series convertible.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 17th October 2016 at 15:12.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed