Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 18:40   #76
BHPian

Car and bike show mentioned the replacement of wagon R in jan 2008 with splash
Old 5th December 2007, 11:03   #77
BHPian

Here's a review of the splash that i came across. Not sure if its already been posted. My apologies in that case!

Suzuki Splash (2008-) | Road Test Review | 4car | channel4.com
Old 5th December 2007, 15:42   #78
Senior - BHPian

Yes The Car Is Definately Coming

Yes the car is definatley coming and most probably in Jan 2008 or in mid 2008 as I think that Wagon R is doing very well in the market, so it will be first the Suzuki Swift Sedan i.e. the new esteem that will come first.

And then it will be Splash. But it looks like the launch of i10 will prompt Suzuki to launch the Splash and Splash is the real competetior to i10.

The website for Splash does exist.

:: Website Under Construction ::

The website is under construction.
Old 18th February 2008, 10:47   #79
BHPian

Splash to replace WagonR?

Having almost finalized wagonr as my choice after deliberating for ages between santro and wagonr (on this forum as well), I then come across reports that maruti is going to launch splash in early 2008....had a few questions:

When it is expected to launch?
Is it going to replace the wagonr? As such, would it be a bad idea to purchase wagonr at this stage - if it could be discontinued by Maruti?
What will be the price range - same as wagonr, or as i read in couple of reports - higher than the swift?

Read Maruti's super-six offer in yesterday's papers (seem they are giving some discounts), and had a good mind to book a wagonr in the offer period (upto 29 Feb), but now this new piece of information has again confused me slightly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Neeraj
Old 18th February 2008, 11:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

I thought Maruti was going to launch the Splash in late 2008/early 2009 after launching Dezire, SX4 DDiS, A-Star. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It is difficult to tell whether Splash will 'replace' WagonR. We could even have both being sold side-by-side like the i10/Santro. This way, even Maruti will be able to sell Splash at a premium over WagonR.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:59   #81
BANNED

It's time to replace WagonR. A diesel engine is well appreciated !
Old 18th February 2008, 16:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

MSIL is bringing the splash and was due for launch in jan,held up due to the launch of swift sedan-dzire.it is never a replacement for wagon-r which is the largest selling car in india in the segment and second largest considering all cars in india.it will be on the roads without disturbing the WR by march end or april for sure as the growing demand for i10 should be stopped as soon as possible.splash will be in the i10 price range which means about 25-40k more than the wagon r.
ram
Old 18th February 2008, 21:23   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
MSIL is bringing the splash and was due for launch in jan,held up due to the launch of swift sedan-dzire.it is never a replacement for wagon-r which is the largest selling car in india in the segment and second largest considering all cars in india.it will be on the roads without disturbing the WR by march end or april for sure as the growing demand for i10 should be stopped as soon as possible.splash will be in the i10 price range which means about 25-40k more than the wagon r.
ram
Hey Ram ,

I am asking again to confirm, but is this news of Splash coming in April absolutely true ? I mean are you very sure ? Bcoz then I will wait before buying an i10.
Old 19th February 2008, 00:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
ram
In Europe suzuki has replaced Wagon R with Splash and the Opel AGLIA (which is rebadged Wagon R with Opel 1.2L engine) is also launching the new model based on Splash

looks like Maruti likes to follow Hyundai (i10/Snatro)
Old 19th February 2008, 00:33   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Nice find!
Quote:
splash will be in the i10 price range which means about 25-40k more than the wagon r.
It should be intersting to see how Maruti positions splash between WagonR and swift. Unless Maruti genuinely works on the interiors, its going to be a tough fight against i10.
Old 19th February 2008, 01:39   #86
BHPian

Quote:
ram
ok, it'll heat things up if launched march-end, april, but what engines is it likely to have?
Old 19th February 2008, 05:47   #87
Senior - BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Nice find!
Thanks CrAzY dRiVeR.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

FYI the Splash will be priced near the Swift and will be a option for potential Swift buyers.
Old 19th February 2008, 10:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:

And look who the site is registered to (from WHOIS domain registration information results for marutisplash.com from Network Solutions)

Registrant :
Name: chandan
Organization: Life Insurance Corporation Of India
Address: S/O Mr.&MrsT.D.Thakur, House,No.-70,Thakur Lodg
City: Kullu
State: Himachal Pradesh
Postal Code: 175101
Phone: 02222351
Fax: 0
Email: chandanthakur1 at yahoo.com
Old 19th February 2008, 10:58   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Interestingly the website is NOT registered in the name of MSIL, may be some hardcore Maruti Splash fan or something.

Registrant :
Name: chandan
Organization: Life Insurance Corporation Of India
State: Himachal Pradesh
Postal Code: 175101

Last edited by ashthedivx : 19th February 2008 at 10:59. Reason: Adding info.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed