Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2008, 23:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
I spoke to someone in MUL sometime back when Estilo was launched. MUL strategy is to offer the customer at least 2 choices in all engine sizes. It does not matter to them if one of their models (WagonR in that case) is cannabalized in the favour of the other (EStilo) as long as the customer stays with Maruti.

Similarly, with the love-it-or-hate-it styling of the Swift resulting in some customers avoiding the car, they are offering another car in the same segment to customers that otherwise might have gone to the i10
Not true.
Splash and Swift have different objectives although from almost the same platform.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:20   #107
BANNED

Guys! MSIL are masters in maintaining different cars in one segment without one killing the other. Suzuki has done that for long in many markets around the world including India.
I'm sure they'll pull this one smoothly too.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:32   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
busa,you put it out before me.spot on splash would be having the ddis,but the worry is that it was scheduled for the launch in jan with the ddis.please dont ask me for more.
ram
So it will have DDiS . Guys i m dreaming here but please let me dream SPLASH VDI @4.5 lacs will eat indica and i10.

Ram so this mean that splash is all ready for the launch just delayed because of DEZIRE launch ? If yes then i must say MSIL has been very successful from hiding the car from spy photographers.

Last edited by abhibh : 19th February 2008 at 23:40.
Old 20th February 2008, 00:54   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
People,
tell me one thing.

Do you see the Splash as competitor for the Swift itself?

The swift has almost ruled its segment.
However, the reasons can be debated. [Brand Maruti/First 'good' car by maruti hence overrated/etc etc]
Is Maruti trying to slowdown Swift? [People planning for ZXI Swift will soon start going for Dezire]
Would the same happen with Splash, will the Splash eat into sales of the Swift? Whats the big idea here....

I think Maruti is experiencing great troubles to keep up ever rising Swift's demand in the market...
Isn't this like asking whether i10 is a competitor to the Getz? And we don't know exactly what engine is Splash coming out with. Although I read that they are coming out with new 1.0 and 1.2(petrol). Guys correct me if I'm wrong.
Maruti is clever enough to sell the Splash, the Dezire and the Swift. Just like what they did with WagonR/WagonR Duo/Estilo. That means, you cannot have your cake and eat it too. Each of the cars will have their own positives which the other two don't.
Having said that, I feel that to an extent Swift diesel sales might get hit. People feel Swift diesel is overpriced. Now if Splash is priced, say, 50K lesser, then it is obvious what people will buy. Its interesting to see how Maruti differentiates between the diesel versions :-)
Quote:
yes splash will come soon.it will be priced close to swift but more loaded than swift.you want space go for swift ,you want more features go for the splash.
those who have seen splash at the auto expo would recollect that its not a small car.its got good space inside.
ram
Ram, can you name a few features? Will it have more features than an i10 at i10's price?

And this is shocking!!! Maruti Suzuki’s 2008 small car - the splash | Straight Frm The Heart
Quote from website:
Quote:
The emphasis will be on the sound or entertainment, not on information like the tacho
Will this mean that Splash is likely to come without Tacho!??

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 20th February 2008 at 01:06.
Old 20th February 2008, 09:13   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Having said that, I feel that to an extent Swift diesel sales might get hit. People feel Swift diesel is overpriced. Now if Splash is priced, say, 50K lesser, then it is obvious what people will buy. Its interesting to see how Maruti differentiates between the diesel versions :-)
Yes, even I feel so. And this exactly seems to be the strategy. Maruti looks like does not want to monopolize the Diesel hatch segment with only Swift.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

please guys i am not supposed to reveal more on the splash.its just a matter of time that we all need and it will be right in front of you.i assure you -it is a good competitor for the i10.
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 10:21   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-it is a good competitor for the i10.
Knowing Maruti, I am sure it will be
Old 20th February 2008, 10:21   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
please guys i am not supposed to reveal more on the splash.its just a matter of time that we all need and it will be right in front of you.i assure you -it is a good competitor for the i10.
ram
That is reassuring Ram. I just hope that it comes out soon enough fir me to see and decide between Splash and i10. Else, its i10 time in April.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:25   #114
Senior - BHPian

Great Car

Yes we all know that its going to be before us in 1 century.
I feel that just like Wagon R, Suzuki is late to bring Splash, although the Splash is gonig on sale in UK ( Right Hand Drive ) on March 8.

But as Santro came before Wagon R, it was very tough. I believe in similar fashion, i10 came before Splash and so Splash will be failure unless launched with Diesel.

Feature wise, more or less both are evenly matched. And Splash has gear leaver mounted as the i10. The tachometer is not into the instrument pod but is located just outside the instrument pod.

And it looks like ram_hyundai has got a launch date with him.
If you have, then please let us all know.
Old 20th February 2008, 10:26   #115
BHPian

Quote:
yes splash will come soon.it will be priced close to swift but more loaded than swift.you want space go for swift ,you want more features go for the splash.
those who have seen splash at the auto expo would recollect that its not a small car.its got good space inside.
ram
ram, i am coming back home this weekend, and will be buying a car ASAP.
Any idea when Splash how soon it will be coming out?
Old 20th February 2008, 11:26   #116
BHPian

Dashboard design: I am seeing this right from SX4. It is almost the same design even in Vitara and now I can see the same tinge of design in Splash as well.

A center dashboard console prolonged till the floor and bordered with thick silver color frame.

What is special about this design, that it is seen so consistently in newer Suzukis...
Old 20th February 2008, 11:30   #117
Senior - BHPian

no guys the dates are not fixed as of yet,it was to be launched in jan 08 but due to some strategy issues the launch is delayed .i feel it should be primarily due to the march launch of swift sedan and production had to be the dzire .once march is over you can expect it any day .
ram
Old 20th February 2008, 12:33   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Will this mean that Splash is likely to come without Tacho!??
The car will have a tacho. The car got a rev counter pod that looks like extra tacho fitment from after market.

Check out the interiors here suzukiSplash
Old 20th February 2008, 13:51   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
The car will have a tacho. The car got a rev counter pod that looks like extra tacho fitment from after market.

Check out the interiors here suzukiSplash
Interiors do look nice, though it will be available in beige color in india. Front is ok, but rear looks a bit odd to me.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:59   #120
BHPian

@ Ram i saw rev counter on the dash in the UK suzuki site.It looks pretty sporty.But whether it will be available in India or not?

Last edited by jerish666 : 20th February 2008 at 14:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks