Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 22:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
My 'superior' comment was more towards the features the Blaupunkt 835 provides vs the RCD330G-Namely Navigation support, Video Playback, more options to play with, better audio support and in my case- Visual display of Park Assist Sensor data (2013 Vento/Polo). I have the Blaupunkt 835 and have used the RCD330G quite a bit in a friends Polo. As you have mentioned, the touch screen response is better and the colors and resolution seems richer. In fact in my review of the RCD330G (Link (Review: RCD 330G. VW's 2016 Head-Unit for the Polo, Vento & Ameo)), this was one of the Pro's I called out. Of course, if MirrorLink works, it provides additional benefits.

So do you suggest an upgrade to Blaupunkt 835 or RCD330G. I'm considering everyone's point of view as I'm planning to upgrade my RCD320. See as a matter of fact I like big screen and I don't have mirror-link enabled phone so choice is pretty clear, but after reading reviews of 835 I'm bit disappointed. I even heard that sometimes HU acts up and even hangs. I don't know if it's true.

Please provide some of your user experience here or if you already posted, a link would be great help.

THANKS
Old 3rd June 2016, 23:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
:facepalm: why would VW do something like this? They should be more discerning to understand their target buyer. This is just a cheap trick inspired by their market study group. Hopefully this will speed up the launch of their updated version.
Yeah it might be just a trick to clear our old stocks, VW has done it several times before, Maybe they have plans to launch proper updated versions soon.

I was too one of their tricked customer when Polo SR was launched which was just to clear out old stocks, In less than 3-4 months Polo GT was launched.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 23:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The facelift will be launched only after the Ameo to clear existing stocks.Can someone please confirm if any of the dealers are offering discounts on the highline Polos and Ventos?The top ends will be the only ones which will get these features IMO.

There should be a way of retrofitting these on the polo as well as the vento.The cables are directly hooked up to the BCM in some way(please excuse my language,I do not know the exact technical terms) and the LEDs need a specific amount of current to prevent them from burning out unlike halogens.You surely don't want to end up bricking an expensive set of LEDs do you?

Maybe some expert(gannu sir) can shed light on this.

cheers,

Vishy76

YES huge discounts available. I won't disclose final amount here but I recently bought my 2016 Vento 1.5 TDI Highline DSG with hefty discount. Vento Manual Highline almost gets whooping 1L discount. You just put a final offer and wait for some days. They will try to convince you for their price and in the end they will sell that car at your price if you stick to your offer.

You can get that kit from VW showroom itself. Yes it's for highline variant only.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 19:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
So do you suggest an upgrade to Blaupunkt 835 or RCD330G. I'm considering everyone's point of view as I'm planning to upgrade my RCD320. See as a matter of fact I like big screen and I don't have mirror-link enabled phone so choice is pretty clear, but after reading reviews of 835 I'm bit disappointed. I even heard that sometimes HU acts up and even hangs. I don't know if it's true.

Please provide some of your user experience here or if you already posted, a link would be great help.

THANKS
I briefly reviewed the unit in my initial ownership review (Link). Been using it for 2.5 years now and absolutely no problems with it. Do not feel it slow, has never hung or thrown up any other issues. But again, there are 2-3 people in this forum itself who have been disappointed with it and changed to other units.

Honestly, I don't think an upgrade from the 320 to the 330G is worth it- Especially if you do not have a Mirror Link enabled phone. Better to look at other options, the 835, the Dynavin N6 or even the Android HU's that several members have bought and installed recently. That seems to be a popular choice.
Old 5th June 2016, 21:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I briefly reviewed the unit in my initial ownership review (Link). Been using it for 2.5 years now and absolutely no problems with it. Do not feel it slow, has never hung or thrown up any other issues. But again, there are 2-3 people in this forum itself who have been disappointed with it and changed to other units.

Honestly, I don't think an upgrade from the 320 to the 330G is worth it- Especially if you do not have a Mirror Link enabled phone. Better to look at other options, the 835, the Dynavin N6 or even the Android HU's that several members have bought and installed recently. That seems to be a popular choice.

Great to hear that yours is running amazing. Seriously as I said earlier I haven't used 835 but I've read negative reviews about it. Anyway I'll try out as my friend has installed it in his polo.

Yes you're right upgrading to 330G is not worth it, but then it's comparatively cheap from 835 plus it's been a while since it launched so I'm little worried about it's speed and support.
Old 17th June 2016, 12:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
YES huge discounts available. I won't disclose final amount here but I recently bought my 2016 Vento 1.5 TDI Highline DSG with hefty discount. Vento Manual Highline almost gets whooping 1L discount. You just put a final offer and wait for some days. They will try to convince you for their price and in the end they will sell that car at your price if you stick to your offer.

You can get that kit from VW showroom itself. Yes it's for highline variant only.
Hi Maddy.
I test drove the Vento Highline TDI DSG again y'day and am nearly done sold on this. I am being offered a final price of INR 15,60,000 including all taxes/insurance/RTO passing etc. You reckon this is a fair price or you would still say that I should wait as per your logic?

What was the final price you paid for your Vento TDI Highline DSG? I am based out of Mumbai. Do pass me on your email/contact so that I get any pointers on negotiating with VW Mumbai West. Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 15:38   #22
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo, Vento Special Editions launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Hi Maddy.

I test drove the Vento Highline TDI DSG again y'day and am nearly done sold on this. I am being offered a final price of INR 15,60,000 including all taxes/insurance/RTO passing etc. You reckon this is a fair price or you would still say that I should wait as per your logic?

What was the final price you paid for your Vento TDI Highline DSG? I am based out of Mumbai. Do pass me on your email/contact so that I get any pointers on negotiating with VW Mumbai West. Thanks

First of all I would like to ask you that, are you going for corporate or individual? I guess corporate OTR is more compared to individuals. Mine is Individual.

And a big NO. It is way too much brother. Almost 2 lacs more than what I paid them. Check with some other dealers. They're ripping you off with this price. Can you please post a pic of Price Quotation they gave you?
Attachment 1518875
see this attachment for an idea. Although it varies from states to states, as well as dealers to dealers.

My advice to you - don't buy if they can't negotiate. At least 13.50-14 will do. Don't pay more than that.

Thanks

Last edited by maddyguage : 17th June 2016 at 15:42.
Old 17th June 2016, 17:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

My guess is VW is trying to prioritize 2016 Vento facelift well before Ameo diesel comes out. So it gets the attention it deserves before the potential buyers see the Ameo. Given that they are going to put the same heart under both cars.
Old 17th June 2016, 18:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Maddy.

This quote is almost similar to the one i got in bangalore in june 1st week. They were not ready to reduce further and finally i booked skoda rapid which was almost 1 lac difference in the final OTR.
Old 18th June 2016, 12:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
This quote is almost similar to the one i got in bangalore in june 1st week. They were not ready to reduce further and finally i booked skoda rapid which was almost 1 lac difference in the final OTR.
I booked a Vento TSI higline today. I was given a final discount of Rs. 76,000 and free mud flaps, floor mats and door protectors. The dealer also agreed to me taking insurance outside which saved me another Rs. 35,000.
Old 18th June 2016, 19:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I booked a Vento TSI higline today. I was given a final discount of Rs. 76,000 and free mud flaps, floor mats and door protectors. The dealer also agreed to me taking insurance outside which saved me another Rs. 35,000.
Congrats! I was interested in TDI TSG highline plus which had OTR of 15.86L including extended warranty in bangalore. After lots of negotiation, i was given 15L as last offer without including extended warranty. I guess extended warranty is around 17K additional and special edition package(philadelphia 835...) costed another 37K. Almost decided to book, but then just casually checked Skoda dealer and i was quoted 14.1L including extended warranty for the style plus with black package(April 2016 VIN). Without another thought, immediately booked I guess all these dealers by default includes the basic accessories kit(mud flaps, floor mats...) as part of OTR.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
First of all I would like to ask you that, are you going for corporate or individual? I guess corporate OTR is more compared to individuals. Mine is Individual.

And a big NO. It is way too much brother. Almost 2 lacs more than what I paid them. Check with some other dealers. They're ripping you off with this price. Can you please post a pic of Price Quotation they gave you?

see this attachment for an idea. Although it varies from states to states, as well as dealers to dealers.

My advice to you - don't buy if they can't negotiate. At least 13.50-14 will do. Don't pay more than that.

Thanks
Hi Maddy. To answer you, I am opting for an individual ownership, not corporate.

Secondly, one of their personnel was going to come to evaluate my Wagon R on Friday at my office, but I told them not to come for evaluation because at the price they quoted, I wasn't even considering buying a Vento from them and that the deal was over from my side. I also told them that I am getting quotes from other dealers and will go ahead with the one that's the most reasonable.

I think, with the refusal to give my car for evaluation, it probably set-off a tinderbox of sorts. I started getting calls every hour from them as to where exactly the problem was and I kept giving the same answer. They tried desperately to know which other dealer I was talking to and said that they will match the best quote I get, to which I said that there is no point in you matching the quote. I will buy only if they better the quote by a good margin. That's how the communication ended Friday.

On Saturday, I again began getting calls and repeated invites to visit their showroom for "final discussion on price". I kept denying it saying that I am not interested in their price and then finally went out for a lunch.

While having lunch, I again got a call, which I was about to cut-off, but somehow decided to pick up- the voice at the other end said that they are considering a "special price" of INR 14,60,000 (yes- 1 lakh discount for the same Vento Highline TDI DSG in only 24 hours!!!!) if I book within a week. This all without even actually bargaining on each line item such as insurance, handling/depo charges etc.

Others may be happy to read, but this has irritated me further ! Maybe someone who is gullible will be taken in easily by these people and pay a much heavy price. I will now actually come to the bargaining table and see what better I can get. Keeping fingers crossed !
toofanwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Congrats! I was interested in TDI TSG highline plus which had OTR of 15.86L including extended warranty in bangalore. After lots of negotiation, i was given 15L as last offer without including extended warranty. I guess extended warranty is around 17K additional and special edition package(philadelphia 835...) costed another 37K. Almost decided to book, but then just casually checked Skoda dealer and i was quoted 14.1L including extended warranty for the style plus with black package(April 2016 VIN). Without another thought, immediately booked I guess all these dealers by default includes the basic accessories kit(mud flaps, floor mats...) as part of OTR.
Thank you and congratulations to you too.

My friend was in a similar dilemma and he also decided on the Rapid DSG (without black package) for Rs. 13,50,000.

In Tamil Nadu the Skoda dealers (Gurudev Motors) have a bad reputation and so he really hesitated. Once the price difference between this and the Vento TDI DSG became large enough he became convinced.
Old 20th June 2016, 10:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Maddy. To answer you, I am opting for an individual ownership, not corporate.

Secondly, one of their personnel was going to come to evaluate my Wagon R on Friday at my office, but I told them not to come for evaluation because at the price they quoted, I wasn't even considering buying a Vento from them and that the deal was over from my side. I also told them that I am getting quotes from other dealers and will go ahead with the one that's the most reasonable.

I think, with the refusal to give my car for evaluation, it probably set-off a tinderbox of sorts. I started getting calls every hour from them as to where exactly the problem was and I kept giving the same answer. They tried desperately to know which other dealer I was talking to and said that they will match the best quote I get, to which I said that there is no point in you matching the quote. I will buy only if they better the quote by a good margin. That's how the communication ended Friday.

On Saturday, I again began getting calls and repeated invites to visit their showroom for "final discussion on price". I kept denying it saying that I am not interested in their price and then finally went out for a lunch.

While having lunch, I again got a call, which I was about to cut-off, but somehow decided to pick up- the voice at the other end said that they are considering a "special price" of INR 14,60,000 (yes- 1 lakh discount for the same Vento Highline TDI DSG in only 24 hours!!!!) if I book within a week. This all without even actually bargaining on each line item such as insurance, handling/depo charges etc.

Others may be happy to read, but this has irritated me further ! Maybe someone who is gullible will be taken in easily by these people and pay a much heavy price. I will now actually come to the bargaining table and see what better I can get. Keeping fingers crossed !

See I told you. That works. Now I will advice you how to get them below 14 lacs. Don't call them and visit their showroom. Get on table and talk irrelevant things for a few minutes and then just ask them what's your final offer. If they say sorry sir that's what we can offer than just tell them I got quotation of 13.80 from different dealers without any negotiations (don't disclose anything about dealer, just let them think). Tell them about Dieselgate scam and effect of that on sales of VW. Greet them and leave the showroom.

Now wait for their call. Never let them think that they're the only dealer in the market. They will send their best men to convince you but tell them you're not in a hurry. You can wait for other competitors as well. Most probably this will solve your case.

Now take along your check book and visit their showroom. Tell them that 13.50 is my last offer and here's the cheque for booking amount (make booking amount 50,000 if possible). Take it or leave it. They'll try hard to convince you. According to me it will be best if you have a friend who already has VW car and bought from the same dealer.

I think you will manage to get them under 14 lacs if you choose this way. Just a suggestion though. It's upto you. This was my way of dealing with them and I could manage to get my Vento with heavy discounts.

As I say I'll get more idea, if you share quotation given by them. You can compare yours with mine. See attached image in my previous post.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
See I told you. That works. Now I will advice you how to get them below 14 lacs. Don't call them and visit their showroom.
As I say I'll get more idea, if you share quotation given by them. You can compare yours with mine. See attached image in my previous post.
So Maddy, we haven't even got to the quotation stage
No official quotation has been given. They are just playing Ping-Pong with the numbers and trying to convince me for a higher price. Thanks to your post and my calmness....I will get the better of them
toofanwheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks