Team-BHP - Mercedes-Benz introduces unlimited mileage service packs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes-Benz introduces unlimited mileage service packs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/176867-mercedes-benz-introduces-unlimited-mileage-service-packs.html)

For the first time in the Indian luxury car segment, Mercedes-Benz has offered standard service packages with unlimited mileage covering all maintenance-related jobs.

Introduced with the recently-launched GLC "Edition 1" luxury SUV, these service packages start from Rs 63,000 for the petrol variant and Rs 78,000 for the diesel variant.

Mercedes-Benz introduces unlimited mileage service packs-715x300.jpg

Based on the customers' needs, usage patterns and preferences, these service packages are varied and flexible according to the age of the cars & mileage factors. One can opt for a service package for as long as 10 years from the date of sale, to cover the necessary maintenance of his/her car. Also, these service packages ensure low upkeep cost and a hassle-free ownership experience by capping labour charges, while customers are required to pay for only consumables and necessary spare parts.

Mercedes-Benz is expected to introduce these service packages to other cars in it's portfolio soon.

Quote:

Cost of ownership for the GLC:

The GLC comes with affordable and convenient service packages. Based on the consumers’ needs and preferences, service packages of various age & mileages are introduced. The standard packages start at just Rs.63,000 for the petrol variant and Rs.78,000 for the diesel variant. These new standard packages are offered with unlimited mileage (a first in the luxury car segment) covering maintenance related jobs. These customer focused packages offering various options and flexibility, can last up to 10 years from the date of sale, for a hassle free ownership experience.

Official Press Release
with inputs from Rush Lane

Looks like the best deal that's published coz I remember BMW having similar ( but hidden from normal buyers?) . The details about the later was posted by a TBHPian in another thread if I remember right.

Excellent move. These service packs are awesome for customers with high running. Plus, they give you a fixed number on what the car is going to cost you. To some people, that's important. If you buy these service packs at the start, the amount can be added to your EMIs. Paying in advance makes your maintenance 'inflation-proof' too.

Needs a bit of tweaking though.

1. I wish Mercedes offered longer warranties in India. BMW offers up to 6 years. Both should now offer at least 7 years (like they do in the USA) as whoever buys such nice cars will hold onto them longer. Am sure longer duration warranties will follow soon.

2. These 'unlimited mileage' service packs don't make sense for those with low to medium levels of running. Smaller, cheaper packs ought to be offered. I didn't take the service pack for my 530d and neither did Sahil for his S-Class (10k km a year).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 3989713)
Looks like the best deal that's published coz I remember BMW having similar ( but hidden from normal buyers?) . The details about the later was posted by a TBHPian in another thread if I remember right.

Here you go - link.

Hi All,
Are these service packs available for new cars only or can someone buy it for a 3 year old car as well?
Cheers
Sid

Hi guys
I just receiced a service package quote for my e class
Service Package
E250
3/60,000Km : Rs 3,23,064/-
4/80000Km : Rs 3,98,673/-

My car has run 50000 km in 2 years with service bills of close to 2 lac. Wonder if it makes sense to opt for this pack for the long run.

Some inputs please

These packages are useless for low mileage owners (less than 15K km per year)

Quote:

Originally Posted by E90-E250 (Post 4053562)
My car has run 50000 km in 2 years with service bills of close to 2 lac.

How much of "4/80000Km : Rs 3,98,673/-" do you need to pay to cover 3rd and 4th years as the car is already 2 yrs old?

You can consider it if your usage results in frequent brake jobs. They don't cover the battery I think. Not very useful if it is just filters and oil change.

Quote:

Hi guys
I just receiced a service package quote for my e class
Service Package
E250
3/60,000Km : Rs 3,23,064/-

My car has run 50000 km in 2 years with service bills of close to 2 lac. Wonder if it makes sense to opt for this pack for the long run.

Some inputs please

That much money for an E-class service pack? :Shockked:
I got my CLA45 AMG service pack for 3yrs/60k kms for 2.52L, which includes brake pads, rotors and other consumables too. That is too much money to pay now, if you have already completed two years. Just get the extended warranty, you'll need it with this kind of running. It will also be an hefty amount as Mercedes wants to rip you off for everything once you buy their cars.

I cover a lot of kilometers on my Q5 and I paid 2.75L for 5yrs/100k kms, without consumables and 40k for extended warranty(2+2years). I've already covered 93.5k kms in 4 years, so this pack was totally worth it for me.

VSD

How much of "4/80000Km : Rs 3,98,673/-" do you need to pay to cover 3rd and 4th years as the car is already 2 yrs old?

Hi
If Iam not mistaken, the extended package starts from the date you purchased it. That means for the next 4/80000 kms

Correct me if Iam wrong or mislead

Quote:

Originally Posted by E90-E250 (Post 4053986)
Hi
If Iam not mistaken, the extended package starts from the date you purchased it. That means for the next 4/80000 kms

Correct me if Iam wrong or mislead

The Service Pack will start from the date of purchase of your vehicle. That means you've already lost half the time and monetary benefit of this package. Makes NO sense going for it now.
You'll spend about 2-2.5 Lac max on regular service in the next coming two years which may include brake pads&discs, engine mounts, bushes etc. Excluding any major part changes required.

VSD

Hi VSD

Ust did a double check.

If I was to go for a package it would start from today, that means 4 years from now and 80000km from know.

It does not take into consideration the date of purchase of vehicle.

Now, since I've clocked 50000km in 2 years is the 4/80k service package beneficial?
I get covered for services upto 2020 / 130000km, is it worth??

Will you be keeping it for that long? When you sell before 2020, it's hard to recover this amount.

[quote=androdev;4054073]Will you be keeping it for that long?

If I fall in love with her, I shall keep her for long.

On the other hand, Iwould surely clock those 130k kms in the next 3 yrs.

Quote:

...I just receiced a service package quote for my e class

My car has run 50000 km in 2 years with service bills of close to 2 lac...

Looks like you are spending 1L for service in a year. If you look at the 4 year plan, it's roughly the same average, 1L per year. Does it cover every single thing required for the next 80K kms?

I want to know if the service cost will remain 1L per year for the next 4 years if you don't take the plan. If it will, then I don't see any point. You could keep the amount with yourself and invest & earn some return than locking that amount with the dealer.

My suggestion is to go for the plan if there is a substantial benefit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4054199)

My suggestion is to go for the plan if there is a substantial benefit.

Thats the issue mate, I still cannot reason.
Hoping for more inputs to get a clear understanding in the long run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E90-E250 (Post 4054230)
Thats the issue mate, I still cannot reason.
Hoping for more inputs to get a clear understanding in the long run.

You can go for it if you are sure of covering 80KM in the next 4 yrs. For that running you'd be paying:
5+ times oils and filters at 15k km interval: Rs 1L
3+ times brake jobs at 25K km intervals: Rs2.5L
Miscellaneous AT fluid, etc.: 0.5L

If you driving style has heavy brake wear, you will definitely benefit. Check their fine print about brake jobs (they usually have a clause to keep it reasonable). And of course you are protected against inflation/forex, etc. If you think about it "statistically", Mercedes would have priced it based on a bell curve. With low usage, company will benefit. With high usage, you will benefit.

However don't confuse this package with peace of mind. This is not insurance/warranty type of product that is covering $$$ liability. Without this package you will have 3-5L services costs for the next 4 years, no big deal if you consider interest, etc. Nobody has a problem with scheduled service costs such as the ones I listed above. Many of us would consider it very lucky if this is the only cost of ownership.

Also they tend to under-service cars with such packages. For instance they will not change brake pads as eagerly as they would on a car without package.

Any premature sale, or lesser usage than planned can make it a bad purchase.