Team-BHP - 2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/177117-2016-chevrolet-trailblazer-facelift-imported-homologation.html)

Chevrolet India has imported a single unit of the 2016 Trailblazer facelift for homologation purposes. According to Zauba records, the new Trailblazer was imported with a 2.8-litre engine and an automatic gearbox.

The previous-gen Trailblazer didn't quite manage to make a mark in the full-size SUV segment of the Indian automotive market, mainly due to its relatively outdated looks. And with none of its other cars fetching great sales numbers either, Chevrolet India appears to be planning to attack the rapidly expanding SUV segment again, this time with a more modern looking Trailblazer.

The model imported into India is a 2016 Trailblazer LTZ, which is the top-end variant. It comes with features like LED DRLs and an 8-inch MyLink infotainment system which is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Powering the new Trailblazer would be the same 2.8-litre Duramax diesel engine that was found under the hood of the outgoing model. It develops 197 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and 500 Nm of torque @ 2,000 rpm. The model imported into India hints that the new Trailblazer will be offered with an automatic gearbox, which will most probably be the same 6-speed unit that was a part of the earlier Trailblazer. A 2WD variant will be released at the launch date, while there are no reports of an AWD variant in the Trailblazer lineup.

Once launched, the 2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer will compete against the new Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner.

2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation-untitled.jpg

2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation-1458653095_chevrolettrailblazerpremier.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Much better looking than the predecessor but I still don't understand their reason for not bringing the 4x4 to India.

Off-topic though, looking at the declared values of the imports on Zauba, even after adding the import duty and other taxes, the cars should be half the price of what they are sold on. I understand the other costs incurred by the company on marketing, profit margins and placement of the product in the market but purely looking at the values declared on Zauba, the thought does come to mind once.

500nm torque is something to drive an enthusiast towards this SUV. In terms of power, there is no doubt about it being in the top in its segment. But looks also matter a lot. No one wants a car that has a decade old look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A M (Post 3994520)
Off-topic though, looking at the declared values of the imports on Zauba, even after adding the import duty and other taxes, the cars should be half the price of what they are sold on. I understand the other costs incurred by the company on marketing, profit margins and placement of the product in the market but purely looking at the values declared on Zauba, the thought does come to mind once.

I can't agree more.
This has been a trend here in India where cars are sold at seemingly highly inflated prices. Also, prices are much higher when compared with markets like the Middle East.

This truck, if priced about par with the new Innova, can shake up the premium SUV segment. A successful 25L product will go a long way in arresting the slide of GM's fortunes. As it is, people stay away from Chevy showrooms. They simple can't compete with Toyota and Ford on badge value. Their only chance is to provide a genuinely appealing product at a price which significantly undercuts the competition.

Unfortunately, I don't see any sensible move coming from the Yanks.

Is it just me or someone else also thinks that the tyres are too low profile for this car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 3994543)
Is it just me or someone else also thinks that the tyres are too low profile for this car?

Don't expect those tyres and rims to make it to the Indian product.

Similar to the Endy's 20" rims that were on media vehicles in Thailand, but the Indian version gets 18".

Car looks much better than the predecessor, but will it be able to take on the Endy given Chevrolet's diminished brand presence?

2wd again :Shockked: Why did they even bother?! I wouldn't recommend anyone to suffer a chassis based truck if 4wd is not a requirement. Also most buyers would not mind paying another lac rupees for 4x4, atleast it will develop some cult following.

Another wasted opportunity if they do not bring in the 4WD. If you do not want to apply your mind at least look at what the competitors are doing and follow suit.

The trailblazer was dead on arrival in India, the poor and lazy sales department as well as A.S.S are one of the major problems.

I recently had got the opportunity to take it for a spin and well frankly, I didn't really felt like I am sitting in a 30+ Lakh SUV. First of all the exterior looked outdated though the facelift takes care of that, the interior quality, fit and finish and overall design didn't felt upto the mark, better than Fortuner but nowhere near to Endeavour or Santa Fe.

Why is Chevrolet even working to bring the facelift? First they should improve their dealerships and after sales service!
Secondly, Equipment list needs to be given a serious look. Just 2 Airbags in a 30 Lakh+ SUV and why just one variant for the vehicle?
The 4x2 variant should be priced lower mated to a Manual box and they should introduce the 4x4 version with better equipment. They should directly target Endy as their arch rival here not the Fortuner.

Now, the other negative bit about this vehicle is it looks like a truck which is great but even rides like one. I do not know about it's high speed capabilities and ride but in urban driving conditions, the ride was quite bumpy similar to Fortuner. I atleast expect a good suspension if am paying such a high amount for a SUV!

I felt the engine to be great with pretty good acceleration and space on offer too was quite good but low equipment, ordinary interiors and bumpy ride quality are deal breakers. If they have rectified these, decreasing the price slightly they might fetch some buyers else no point working hard on a product which is already dead. Frankly, I am expecting cosmetic changes only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3994617)
2wd again :Shockked: Why did they even bother?! I wouldn't recommend anyone to suffer a chassis based truck if 4wd is not a requirement.

True dat. I actually liked the shape and the power specs are very good. However, on finding out that it is available only in 2WD I didn't even bother to read the autocar India review. Chevrolet has always been and will continue to be an "also-ran" in the Indian automotive scene. First off most of their products available are re-badged SIAC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAIC-GM) products. The trailblazer is a lone product in their portfolio that has the Isuzu heritage (excluding the dated Isuzu Tavera/Pather). They should have definitely offered 4x4 and had the first mover advantage since they launched it even before the new Endeavor. Now with the new Endeavour out and also new Fortuner & Pajero Sport in the pipeline, why even bother?

Selling a mere 41 vehicles from launch till May 2016 end is not taking Chevrolet anywhere. It is this mind-set of the GM Bosses in not bringing the 4x4 which is spelling doom for it. Not bringing in what the market demands can only hasten the end of any product leave alone an automobile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3994785)
Selling a mere 41 vehicles from launch till May 2016 end is not taking Chevrolet anywhere.

I just checked the sales stats and the Trailblazer has sold about 180 units since launch. This includes sales in 2015.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3994617)
2wd again :Shockked: Why did they even bother?!

Well, the Fortuner does sell more 4x2s than 4x4s. But I agree with you that a 4x4 (even if it's optional) adds to the image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigron (Post 3994679)
If you do not want to apply your mind at least look at what the competitors are doing and follow suit.

rl: rl: Classic! That's the best line I've heard all week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YashD (Post 3994763)
Why is Chevrolet even working to bring the facelift?

They have no choice! Because it's a CBU, an international update will reflect on the next shipment.

A colleague spotted the face lifted trailblazer, heavily camouflaged in Delhi today. I spotted the same car a few Kms down the road but couldn't click pics as I was driving. The front had very bright led strip ala baleno but surprisingly, no projector headlamps. Surely looks butch and imposing. There was also a tavera with GJ plates accompanying the trailblazer.

2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467707878.350894.jpg

Cheers
Rohan

This was spotted today by my cousin on NH8 from Manesar to Shankar Chowk. He sent me snaps to check which one it is. He said it was huge and pulling quite fast. The front was also camouflaged.

The revamped interior of the 2016 Chevy Trailblazer facelift has been spied by a GaadiWaadi reader.

Quote:

On the inside, however, the revisions are expected to be more substantial with a brand new waterfall-styled dashboard design and premium quality trims alongside slightly updated instrument cluster with silver touches around the middle HVAC vents.
2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation-2017chevrolettrailblazerfaceliftindiae1467621899333.jpg

2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation-2017chevrolettrailblazerfaceliftindia3883x640.jpg

2016 Chevrolet Trailblazer facelift imported for homologation-2017chevrolettrailblazerfaceliftindia4e1467621850620.jpg