Team-BHP - Mitsubishi Montero back in India @ Rs 68 lakh!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mitsubishi Montero back in India @ Rs 68 lakh! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/177316-mitsubishi-montero-back-india-rs-68-lakh.html)

http://mitsubishi-motors.co.in/montero/

Any pricing details revealed yet? This is good news provided they are up to date with the spares inventory.
This is one vehicle which just like the hilux and land cruiser, can overcome doomsday!

Quote:

Any pricing details revealed yet?
Dead before Arrival - most likely

Priced @ 68,83 in CHandigarh :deadhorse

Uncertainty on service and spares and most importantly continuity will be a great concern for Mitsubishi in India. I think that even mouth watering prices would not be of much help.

I really don't understand the point of this launch. It looks more like the local dealer trying to clear the stocks. Neither the foreign partner, Mitsubishi, nor the local partner, HM, are serious about their vehicles. No matter what the stature of a brand (Pajero, in this case), you can only milk it for so long. I'd much rather buy a pre-owned, old school Pajero than get into one of these and be victim of their lackadaisical approach to selling vehicles.

For crying out loud, this brochure printed for Karnataka shows the ex-showroom price for Delhi???

I am sure the vehicle is all that it is made about to be but Mitsubishi's approach to the Pajero makes one wary.

Quote:

I was just getting excited. Absolutely no point at that price.
Me too , shot off a mail to my colleague with an offer for my endeavour thatI picked in March without realising that Mitsubishi cannot change , suddenly LC Prado looks value at 90 lac , looks I did mistake by not picking one last month at pre-budget prices and small discount :mad:

Apparently Sun Roof is their USP which sales guy was trying to explain in detail :Frustrati

But response was super fast - enclosed is brochure and some photos from plant

There was just one version earlier, now I think there are two, hence one at 63 and the other at 83.

What has changed? Or are they going the Toyota way? Montero has potential and would find takers, but at almost double the price, fat chance. With better service & sales experience, things would have looked better had it been priced > 50L OTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3998989)
There was just one version earlier, now I think there are two, hence one at 63 and the other at 83.

What has changed? Or are they going the Toyota way? Montero has potential and would find takers, but at almost double the price, fat chance. With better service & sales experience, things would have looked better had it been priced > 50L OTR.

There are no two versions. Turbanator meant 63.83. That "," is a style of writing the decimal point in a lot of countries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownThinker (Post 3998966)
No matter what the stature of a brand (Pajero, in this case), you can only milk it for so long. I'd much rather buy a pre-owned, old school Pajero than get into one of these and be victim of their lackadaisical approach to selling vehicles.

The picture in the opening post has the Pajero Sport but look at the part that is encircled in Orange colour - this thread is about the relaunch of the Montero not the Pajero! :D

At ~6.4 million Rupees I don't expect to see more than a handful of these on our roads!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3999025)
The picture in the opening post has the Pajero Sport but look at the part that is encircled in Orange colour - this thread is about the relaunch of the Montero not the Pajero! :D

I know, NPV. What I missed mentioning in my post was, a new vehicle is being launched and all it gets is one small phrase in a brochure dominated by the Pajero.

There is absolutely no frenzied effort by Mitsubishi to re-build their visibilty. It is as though they just don't care.

The only 2 reasons that any one even remembers Mitsubishi is because of the prowess of the Pajero in the old Dakar rally and the old Lancer/EVO prowess on the WRC circuit. Take these 2 away and what have you? Nothing!

I know both my posts read like a rant, but when I love something and see it being mis-handled it just gets me hot under the collar.

The Montero was a very competent product till HM priced it out of the target audience's radar. Nobody even noticed when it was withdrawn from the Indian market. Now I wonder who HM thinks will buy the same product with just an added sunroof, for about double the price after so many years?

When the prev gen Montero came out, it literally had no competition,and to a lesser extent the second gen too. But now at 60+ ex showroom there are a ton of (much more modern) alternatives available, and I wouldn't be surprised if even one isn't sold.

Looks like the Evo debacle taught HM nothing, and they decided to adopt Fiat India's Punto 'poor' strategy.:Frustrati

PS: Lesser said about that poster, the better. It looks like someone at HM called up the ad agenbcy at the last minute and said, "oh btw, just add a line about the montero too" and hung up.

Seeing the thread title made me smile. One of my all-time favourite SUVs; I came *this* close to buying one a decade back. It was an all-rounder then with great looks, competent engine, ride, handling & braking. I remember it costing 36 - 37 lakhs ex-showroom in 2006.

By current standards, it's too old & outdated though. This is the same Pajero / Montero that was released in the late nineties worldwide. Mitsubishi simply didn't have the money to develop an all-new successor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 3998957)
Priced @ 68,83 in Chandigarh

Seriously dead on arrival! The game has moved on. There's nothing that a Montero offers over a Ford Endeavour 3.2. For Mitsubishi's 80 lakh on-road price, I could buy a Ford Endeavour, Skoda Superb and a Thar.

I was excited when I read the title and was expecting an all new Montero but isn't this the same model that they launched way back in 2007 at around 40 lakhs or so!!

:uncontrol

The above icon sum's up my sentiments. What is wrong with Mitsubishi. For 80 lakhs on the road, you can get a Landrover Sport, X3 3.0, GLC, GLE, and for 10 more lakhs the Prado. Why the hell would anyone, except the most die hard consider a dated Montero at this price? They should have priced it at about 35 to 40 lakhs ex-showroom max !!!

As it says in the brochure Mitsubishi "BE BOLD", Hindustan Motors "GO WILD" and both together "LOOK COLORFUL" like a CLOWN .

:OT
Quote:

For Mitsubishi's 80 lakh on-road price, I could buy a Ford Endeavour, Skoda Superb and a Thar.
looks jeep is your first love :) , well summed. My choices to blow 80 lac will be Innova 2,8 GX + Isuzu V Cross + 530-D