Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 18:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jeep reveals Indian specifications of Grand Cherokee

Team-BHP's Jeep Grand Cherokee review is live. Please continue the discussion in the new thread.

Jeep has revealed specifications of its upcoming full-size SUV, the Grand Cherokee, on its official Indian website. As per the revealed information, the Grand Cherokee would be offered in three trim levels in India: Limited, Summit, and SRT.

The Limited will be an entry-level trim of the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Features on offer in this variant include power-adjustable front seats with memory function, heated steering wheel, heated front and middle seats, tyre pressure monitoring system, 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, voice command, automatic headlamps, heated ORVMs, powered tailgate, terrain select off-road system, and basic safety features like Airbags, ESC and Traction Control.

The Summit trim will include all features of the Limited variant, and will additionally get ventilated front seats, power adjustable steering wheel, 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 506W amplifier, optional 19-speaker audio setup from Harman Kardon, individual rear seat displays, navigation, panoramic sunroof, and a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) at the rear.

While the 19-speaker system is optional in the Summit trim, it becomes a standard offering in the SRT variant. Moreover, this top-end variant gets launch control and track mode. The panoramic sunroof and hill descent control aren't a part of the feature list of the Grand Cherokee SRT.

The Limited and Summit trims are powered by a 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine, which generates a maximum power of 240 BHP, and is connected to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. On the other hand, the high-performance SRT variant is powered by a 6.4-litre Hemi V8 petrol engine rated at 475 BHP and mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. All three variants of the Jeep Grand Cherokee will be offered with an AWD system.

Jeep reveals Indian specifications of Grand Cherokee-0082016gcjeepindia.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 30th August 2016 at 12:38.
dZired is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 19:37   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Jeep reveals Indian specifications of Grand Cherokee

Looks like Jeep is bringing the Wrangler Unlimited too, into India?

Well, I would love to see that and particularly what kind of pricing it comes with, because that is really the one vehicle I would love to have.

If I can't afford it, then I shall have to look at the Renegade.

I wish they would consider the Cherokee Latitude too.

It is a beautiful brand and I ve always loved it.

For this I would forsake the Yeti for sure....

http://www.jeep-india.com
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Heated seats and steering wheel? Really?

This is where the European/US manufacturers get Indian conditions wrong. <1& of Indian conditions needed heating. What we need is cooled seats rather than heated ones.
DieselFan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 12:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post

This is where the European/US manufacturers get Indian conditions wrong. <1& of Indian conditions needed heating. What we need is cooled seats rather than heated ones.
European manufacturers get this wrong for most of the markets. The car I drive in Dubai has heated seats and steering wheel. I've never used the feature.
Old 29th June 2016, 13:55   #5
BHPian

Any indication of the pricing? Specifications are drool worthy but as DieselFan has pointed out, some of the features are not relevant for Indian conditions. Drove a Jeep for the first time in Australia and absolutely loved it.

Shiva
Old 29th June 2016, 14:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the price, how expensive are they in other part of the world if that gives an indication of the India price.
Old 29th June 2016, 14:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Eagerly waiting for the price, how expensive are they in other part of the world if that gives an indication of the India price.
  • The base version in UAE is Laredo with 3.6L V6 (Petrol). The cost is approximately AED 148,000. It will be 28 Lakh INR by today's conversion rate.
  • The limited 3.6l V6 (Petrol) version costs around 188,000 AED. That is 35 Lakh INR.
sooraj.naik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 14:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post

I would have loved to have this feature on our snow drive earlier this year. There are some folks who live in colder climates.

Have both heated and cooled functions i say.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 14:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

I feel a lower version with only automatic headlamps, heated ORVMs, powered tailgate, terrain select off-road system, and basic safety features like Airbags, ESC and Traction Control would sell well. But JEEP may not want to do that to maintain exclusivity.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 15:18   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
European manufacturers get this wrong for most of the markets.
Trouble is that they don't have alternate options to remove such cold weather goodies in higher trims which are a must for markets like India. If they use stuff from lower trims we will complain.
Quote:
What we need is cooled seats rather than heated ones
Can't agree more, particularly in humid weather. Wonder when & which company will take the lead.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th June 2016 at 15:21.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 10:20   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I feel a lower version with only automatic headlamps, heated ORVMs, powered tailgate, terrain select off-road system, and basic safety features like Airbags, ESC and Traction Control would sell well.
Poverty-spec versions could follow later. At the start, they might want to introduce only the higher variants so that brand 'Cherokee' gets a premium image in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can't agree more, particularly in humid weather. Wonder when & which company will take the lead.
Some cars already do, including the new Skoda Superb! Cooled seats feel awesome in our hot weather.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 13:57   #12
BHPian

Looking at these specs doesn't look like the Grand Cherokee will be cheap. 70lakh? Asking customers to pay German luxury brand prices for a Jeep isn't going to work. Grand Cherokee doomed before it even started
santosh911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 14:38   #13
BHPian

I don't think it looks bad at all. Infact it is probably one of the more decent looking SUV. I don't think it will be priced below 50L (ex showroom) and if that is the case I don't see more than a few hundreds going for this over the X3/Discovery Sport/GLC/GLE. I would understand if it commands a premium over the Santa Fe/Ford/Toyota but it shouldn't be a 50% premium.
Old 30th June 2016, 15:28   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I don't think it will be priced below 50L (ex showroom) and if that is the case I don't see more than a few hundreds going for this over the X3/Discovery Sport/GLC/GLE. I would understand if it commands a premium over the Santa Fe/Ford/Toyota but it shouldn't be a 50% premium.
India gets three variants - Limited, Summit and SRT. In the US, these are priced as below-

Limited - $ 37,565/-
Summit- $ 49,795/-
SRT- $ 65,695/-

In comparison, Audi Q5 range starts from $ 40,900/- while Audi Q7 range starts from $ 54,800/-

Reputed magazines compare it with the premium competition from BMW, Mercedes and Lexus and it holds up well against this competition, even winning some shootouts.

www.topgear.com/car-reviews/jeep/grand-cherokee
http://www.motortrend.com/news/luxur...uv-comparison/

Jeep reveals Indian specifications of Grand Cherokee-luxurydieselsuvcomparison2.jpg

I don't know how you're expecting it to compete on a slightly higher premium with Santa FE / Fortuner etc, but let's be realistic!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th June 2016 at 15:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 15:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
India gets three variants - Limited, Summit and SRT. In the US, these are priced as below-

Limited - $ 37,565/-
Summit- $ 49,795/-
SRT- $ 65,695/-

In comparison, Audi Q5 range starts from $ 40,900/- while Audi Q7 range starts from $ 54,800/- Reputed magazines compare it with the premium competition from BMW and Lexus. www.topgear.com/car-reviews/jeep/grand-cherokee

I don't know how you're expecting it to compete with Santa FE / Fortuner etc, but let's be realistic!
I never said they should compete or price it with the Santa Fe/Fortuner. Infact if you look at my post it said that I understand that it would command a premium over those cars.
I just said they shouldn't price it at a 50% premium over the Santa Fe which I think is fair considering the price of the Santa Fe (base model) is $30800.

Last edited by kartavya : 30th June 2016 at 15:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks