Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 05:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Today, I realized that this engine generates anywhere from 90ps/160Nm (in Up) to 115ps/200Nm (in Golf/Octavia). And, it propels the Golf to 100 kmph in less than 10s (9.7) and a top of speed of 200+
In that case, the GT's 1.2 TSi should be quicker than the reported 9.7s to reach 100, after a remap.

Strangely enough, I've not been able to find any concrete 0-100 figures for a remapped GT 1.2 TSi. Can anyone that owns a remapped GT set the record straight? Anyone?

P.S. A lot of people feel that 0-100s mean nothing in real-life driving conditions. But, in a land filled with puny engines and crappy automatic transmissions, 0-100 is by far the best way to judge a car's performance.

Btw, I'm not talking about the GT here, but my crappy Brio AT that does 0-100 in about 15 secs, in spite of its "class-leading" power, light weight and supposedly better 5-speed torque converter.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 12th September 2016 at 05:42.
Old 12th September 2016, 10:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
In that case, the GT's 1.2 TSi should be quicker than the reported 9.7s to reach 100, after a remap.

Strangely enough, I've not been able to find any concrete 0-100 figures for a remapped GT 1.2 TSi. Can anyone that owns a remapped GT set the record straight? Anyone?

Btw, I'm not talking about the GT here, but my crappy Brio AT that does 0-100 in about 15 secs, in spite of its "class-leading" power, light weight and supposedly better 5-speed torque converter.
Here is one: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3372480
Also, see the next few posts about a discussion related to flatness between 80 and 100.

And, surprised to see Brio taking 15s. Remember seeing Baleno CVT reaching 100 is less than 13s, and was somehow expecting the Brio to get there faster.
Old 12th September 2016, 19:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is a bit disappointing to hear about this 1.0 TSI with under 100 bhp of power. I own a 2011 Polo 1.6 and I was contemplating upgrading to the 1.2 GT TSI. But even though they are similarly powered in terms of BHP, I just did not feel at home like I did in my 1.6 and dropped the idea. Loved the DSG, but there was something missing on the GT TSI as compared to my 1.6.

Now I am wondering what the 1.0 TSI will feel like. But I guess VW had to do something to make the Polo more economically priced.
Old 12th September 2016, 20:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
It is a bit disappointing to hear about this 1.0 TSI with under 100 bhp of power.
The 1.0 TSI will most probably replace the 3 cylinder 1.2 petrol which is currently on sale. The 1.2 TSI DSG will still remain on sale as the GT TSI. Just an assumption though.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 23:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Thank you dZired
Personally though, I feel VW are going to end up having more product portfolio than actual number of customers. Here's what I mean:
I am happy as long as they are churning out beautiful/ high grade cars for a slightly higher price range.
Do we want to see more sales for VW in India? I guess yes, we all care.
Do we think they are making losses and might shut shop? I guess no. They are doing decent enough to continue producing such nice cars in India.

But it hurts when they try a Sub 4m to up volumes on one hand, and introduce such mouth watering engine options on the other.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 09:45   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Shubham Ghute for sharing these pics!

Quote:
While I was on NH-4, I spied this Polo 1.4 Bluemotion which came with LED headlamps similar to the Vento Highline Plus model. Driver said it is the 1.4 TSI petrol motor which is currently being evaluated for Indian soil. Car had tweeters on A-pillars and also had side airbags.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India-img_4359.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India-img_4360.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India-img_4358.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India-img_4361.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India-img_4362.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI spotted in India-img_4363.jpg
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ah, a 1.4 TSi, and a nice stick shift to complement it too. Safe to assume Jetta's 122 PS & 200 Nm state of tune. Though these are not exhilarating numbers, especially since the Abarth is here, we all know how VW's horses gallop. Punto Abarth, though powerful on paper, has a far from perfect transmission & ergonomics that takes some fun away. So, really looking forward to this hot Polo now!

I just hope the horrid looking steering in this car is only there because it is a prototype, and the production car gets a premium looking one.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 16th June 2017 at 10:44.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks like VW wants to dump the remaining 1.4 TSI kits in the third world as 1.5 TSI has replaced it in the EU.

Whatever be the case, a more potent motor in the Polo is always welcome.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:31   #24
BHPian

Looks great. but analog fuel meter? and is it my unawareness that i feel there are more defogger lines than previous versions.
Old 16th June 2017, 10:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Looks great. but analog fuel meter? and is it my unawareness that i feel there are more defogger lines than previous versions.
Thats the higher end highline cluster found in the GTI. It has a larger MFD and analog meters for temperature and fuel.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 10:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Ah, a 1.4 TSi, and a nice stick shift to complement it too. Safe to assume Jetta's 122 PS & 200 Nm state of tune. Though these are not exhilarating numbers, especially since the Abarth is here, we all know how VW's horses gallop. Punto Abarth, though powerful on paper, has a far from perfect transmission & ergonomics that takes some fun away. So, really looking forward to this hot Polo now!
I own a Polo and had a chance to drive the Abarth on a couple of occasions. The seat felt super great to sit on with good Lumbar and Under thigh support.

However i would love to get my hands on the 1.4 TSI. What a motor!!!

Regards
Bharath
Old 16th June 2017, 11:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Request for anyone who spots this car again : Please bend down and see if its got rear disc brakes. Higher powered Polos deserately need better suspension and brakes. Even the 1.2 GT TSI begs for theses. With Bilstein kits available easily, the suspension problem can be fixed. But aftermarket brakes are not that simple to get right.

Still its nice to see the prospect of a Polo with a 1.4 TSI. My wishlist for the car...
- Better suspension
- Rear disc brakes
- GTI cluster - Looks like its there
- Better front seats - Hopefully from the GTI
- Steering mounted paddle shifters
- Nicer exhaust note
- DSG Transmission - Sorry, I am an AT convert!

Too much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
This new Variant is confusing.

It has LED headlights & Headlamp Washer, but misses out on Fog Lamps. Has same Alloys as Regular Polo. GT/GTI's Alloys look much better then these.

Inside, the Steering & gear lever have been lifted from Polo Trendline (No Steering Controls). While it gets a Touch HU & Climatronic.

This New Engine with option of a 6 Speed Manual & 7 Speed DSG would be nice. Automatic would be doubtful since other 1.4 Equipped Cars from VW/SKODA don't offer it.

With Bigger Engine, expect this to be even pricier then the 1.2 TSi.
I am sure this is just a prototype for testing the engine and transmission. The final model I am sure will come with fog lamps and fully ktted steering.

But looking at the manual stick in the test car, I think they may skip the DSG transmission for this car and price it slightly more than the GT TSI as a sports model. Tuners can go crazy if that's the case

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 16th June 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Quoted another post
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 11:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

It has LED headlights & Headlamp Washer, but misses out on Fog Lamps. Has same Alloys as Regular Polo. GT/GTI's Alloys look much better then these.

Inside, the Steering & gear lever have been lifted from Polo Trendline (No Steering Controls). While it gets a Touch HU & Climatronic.

This New Engine with option of a 6 Speed Manual & 7 Speed DSG would be nice. Automatic would be doubtful since other 1.4 Equipped Cars from VW/SKODA don't offer it.

With Bigger Engine, expect this to be even pricier then the 1.2 TSi.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 11:20   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
We are likely to see many more confusing variants from VW for India in both Polo and Vento.

The 1.4 TSI is no longer offered in the next gen Polo( 1.0l/ 1.5-liter turbo four petrol )and as stated in the earlier posts we will be dumped with the excess inventory till the time a new hatchback ( if at all there is one) for India arrives in 2019 or beyond.

Likely to see the 1.4 TSI Vento too.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

This car is probably sold on the UK markets and the likes judging by the equipment. For instance, the speedo has markings in mph, the HU is an advanced MIB-2 unit, the climatronic panel and stalks behind the steering is the one sold on the international 6C model, start-stop tech (A off button on the dash + bluemotion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Ah, a 1.4 TSi, and a nice stick shift to complement it too. Safe to assume Jetta's 122 PS & 200 Nm state of tune.
It has a 5 speed gearbox = 85 PS, 132 NM. The one you're referring to comes with a 6 speed manual box.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks