Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2017, 12:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
There are also auto dimming irvm with rear camera display available in Aliexpress.
I have not checked AliExpress - will certainly check today. I am sure the Tigor HU even if available would also cost a bomb and would be upwards of 30K minimum in my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Harman ConnectNext system comes in the top 2 variants - XT & XZ.
And now one needs to include the XZA (Automatic) variant as well...

Quote:
The sound quality of the Harman system is wonderful - most who have heard the output from the HU won't swap it for anything else in the market.
This is the key input I was looking for
This means its better to go for a separate screen or Rear View Mirror replacement rather than a swap of the Harman System.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 14:37   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Tiago in the video is not a Harman-equipped variant (steel wheels, black ORVMs, black door handles, turn indicators on front metal panel, no steering-mounted buttons, etc.).

Looks like it's the XE variant,

The sound quality of the Harman system is wonderful.
One of the owner had posted video of that HU in FB & WA Group. Looks like it's the same car.

It's a XM variant, it comes with Power Windows & Silver Finished Center Console.

The great sound output is one of the USPs of Tiago. But, there is cracking sound at medium to high volumes. Some have bought Tiago just because of that HK HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have not checked AliExpress - will certainly check today. I am sure the Tigor HU even if available would also cost a bomb and would be upwards of 30K minimum in my guess.

This is the key input I was looking for
This means its better to go for a separate screen or Rear View Mirror replacement rather than a swap of the Harman System.
Tigor HU won't be cheap. If you can get it & at good price, it should be well worth it.

You can try separate display for reverse camera or the one embedded in IRVM, those are the only 2 options you have. Swap that Harman only with a Harman.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 18:10   #183

Finally Took Delivery of my Tiago XZA (AMT).

To quickly clear some doubts above about the Harman HU, If you get it, it's best to keep it as along with the Great (Not awesome - more on that later) it also integrates the cars system information & controls like Reverse assist, Central Locking control, Approach Headlamps control etc. & is also linked to the Steering mounted controls.

Happy to clarify any further doubts on Tiago / XZ / AMT.
Numb_Locked is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 19:31   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_Locked View Post
Finally Took Delivery of my Tiago XZA (AMT).

To quickly clear some doubts above about the Harman HU, If you get it, it's best to keep it as along with the Great (Not awesome - more on that later) it also integrates the cars system information & controls like Reverse assist, Central Locking control, Approach Headlamps control etc. & is also linked to the Steering mounted controls.

Happy to clarify any further doubts on Tiago / XZ / AMT.
Congratulations on your new Ride
Wishing you many happy miles with it.

Thanks for the tip on the Harman Audio System. I checked with the Dealer and they have a separate Monitor and Reverse Camera setup for Rs.5,500/-. As I have had bad experiences with after market Rear View mirrors which double up as Reverse Cameras, I would prefer the addl. Monitor/screen based reverse camera option.

One key thing I would be interested to know more from your real world experience is some Mileage figures in the City Mode and Sports Mode. Hope you can share some info on that once you had a chance to clock some kilometres.
Old 17th April 2017, 20:28   #185

Quote:
One key thing I would be interested to know more from your real world experience is some Mileage figures in the City Mode and Sports Mode. Hope you can share some info on that once you had a chance to clock some kilometres.
I was a bit skeptical about the mileage myself, but 1000 Kms later, today I can confirm the motor is efficient. Although my observations are based on the DIS readings, since my last tank full there is still a reminder of quarter a tank of fuel left yet. The city efficiency is 16 Kmpl & Highway is 18+ Kmpl. It is to be noted that there is no Drive mode selector in the AMT (No ECO mode) just a Sport mode for the AMT which when not selected the default is City mode.
Numb_Locked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 21:43   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_Locked View Post
I was a bit skeptical about the mileage myself, but 1000 Kms later, today I can confirm the motor is efficient. Although my observations are based on the DIS readings, since my last tank full there is still a reminder of quarter a tank of fuel left yet. The city efficiency is 16 Kmpl & Highway is 18+ Kmpl. It is to be noted that there is no Drive mode selector in the AMT (No ECO mode) just a Sport mode for the AMT which when not selected the default is City mode.
Thanks for the quick response - that is helpful.

Moving onto another topic and a question to all the experts on this forum, I was having this Tiago XZA Vs Ignis Delta debate with another person today and there were a couple of valid points he made against the Tiago which I want some opinions from others here:

1. The resale value of the Ignis would be much higher compared to that of a Tata as it comes from the Maruti Stable.

2. The Ignis weighs a good 190 kgs less as compared to the Tiago. This almost equates to carrying to 2 additional adults and a child extra all the time. A higher weight according to him also impacts the braking distance negatively and hence the Tiago would have a longer braking distance as compared to the Ignis.

Inviting Comments/Opinions...
Old 17th April 2017, 22:15   #187
BHPian

My two cents;

Quote:

1. The resale value of the Ignis would be much higher compared to that of a Tata as it comes from the Maruti Stable.
Initial reports suggest that the Ignis is pricey. Though it will get the "Maruti" benefit in resale, the amount will depend on how the model performs.

Its challenger will be from the MS stable itself, the next Swift. Its difficult to say for sure as the market 5 years down the line will have quite a few options new and used.

I feel a "hit" model from a non MS/Honda (brands known for resale) like a Renault Kwid or Ford Ecosport will have better resale as long as there's demand.

For Tiago, if the model sustains sales of about 6k (the more the merrier) for a couple of years, it will build a brand for itself. In that case resale should not be poor.

I feel the Tiago is pretty much VFM. whereas the Ignis has just novelty and the MS badge going for it IMHO.

Quote:

2. The Ignis weighs a good 190 kgs less as compared to the Tiago. This almost equates to carrying to 2 additional adults and a child extra all the time. A higher weight according to him also impacts the braking distance negatively and hence the Tiago would have a longer braking distance as compared to the Ignis.

Inviting Comments/Opinions...
Please check the posts on the last page of this thread

To summarize some posts provide evidence supporting the theory that a well rated heavier vehicle is better than a well rated lighter vehicle in the event of a crash.

Though Tiago crash ratings are not out yet, its about the weight argument.

Last edited by 400notout : 17th April 2017 at 22:16. Reason: added words
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 22:28   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Although, listening to others opinion is a good thing. But, it always isn't true in reality. So, taking their opinion & adding your feeling (Observed In Practical) will get you the answer.

Coming back to the suggestions,

1. Resale value of Ignis will be better because of known fact that it is a Maruti, but if one compares volumes it's doing, it surely won't have resale like Alto/Swift/WagonR/Dzire etc. But, with Tiago doing 5k/month, one can't say it's Resale won't be good.

Again, different people have different opinions, but whether you buy Ignis or Tiago, based on the purchase price the difference may lie within.

Ignis is more expensive then Tiago, so Ignis is bound to get higher sticker price during sale. But, if the difference between similar models of both cars are identical, the cheaper Tiago will be beneficial to the Owner (First & Second).

2. Brakes on Tiago & Ignis are good. But weight factor affecting the braking is not so conclusive. Laden or Unladen, the vehicle braking performance shouldn't be affected, it may vary only if tyres are upsized.

Lastly, Heaviness doesn't have anything to do with Braking IMO, if that was the case, then the heavy cars like Octavia/Jetta/C Class/3 Series would have longer braking distance compared to their equivalent lighter cars .
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 01:47   #189
BHPian

Would seriously​ recommend even the drab looking Ignis ahead of the tiago on engine performance alone, have driven a Ritz for 71k Kms and then booked a baleno CVT, later cancelled.
That k series engine is light years ahead of the 3 pot mill in the tiago.
Also, resale in no way can be compared, maruti wins hands down.
Had i bought an indica vista for the same money as my Ritz or more, would have ended up with atleast 70k lesser at the time of resale.
Tiago is good on the whole with respect to interior quality and everything, but Ignis with it's quirky interior and customisation options would serve your purpose better.
Going for it is also the factor that delta is accounting for 60% of the bookings.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 18:34   #190
BHPian

Quote:

2. Brakes on Tiago & Ignis are good. But weight factor affecting the braking is not so conclusive. Laden or Unladen, the vehicle braking performance shouldn't be affected, it may vary only if tyres are upsized.

Lastly, Heaviness doesn't have anything to do with Braking IMO, if that was the case, then the heavy cars like Octavia/Jetta/C Class/3 Series would have longer braking distance compared to their equivalent lighter cars .
Wrong! weight has everything to do with braking. Just like how a lighter car takes lesser time to accelerate they also stop quicker ( rate of deceleration) provided same amount of braking force is applied as the heavier car. Most heavy cars have bigger discs, more pistons per caliper and wider tyres to increase braking force and traction to compensate for the added weight.

link:http://www.gcsescience.com/pfm30.htm

Last edited by nitro.1000bhp : 20th April 2017 at 18:42.
Old 20th April 2017, 22:32   #191
Senior - BHPian

I was able to dig up some interesting posts from the Tiago Official Review that would answer the concerns I had - below are a compilation of some of these in a single place:

Braking:

Quote:
The vehice took exactly 1.8 (I.76 in fact) seconds to come to rest from 80 kph on dry tarmac. Now experts are free to calculate the brakign distance with and without reaction time of 0.75-1 second, my calculation (I have done it 6 times to be sure) reveals some impressive figures (Better than competition for sure) which I would love to share in the coming review but braking is really impressive i must say and the vehicle doesn't tend to lose the line or fishtail under hard braking even with slight to hard steering input.
Video:
URL

Suspension:

Quote:
We encountered this really bad patch on the Chilla road of Haridwar and it was important to get past of it. We haven't been slow and simply let the GC and suspension take care of everything (I have enough experience of driving in farms, to my remote sites etc) and that's when this happened. But I tell you, no jerk, no grip loss at front end and absolutely no belly scraping. Talk to some so-called offroader and they normally go gaga over this thing calling it 'axle twisters'; and I tell you, the axle of Tiago hasn't got twisted.
Video:

Crash Safety
  1. Pictures from an Incident that happened in Ooty : URL
  2. Another Incident: Crash Safety
  3. More recent: URL

Based on some of these posts, it appears that the Tiago is indeed well built and there is not much to worry about in terms Braking, Ride & Handling as well as Crash Safety.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 20th April 2017 at 22:50.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 22:53   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Another Incident: Crash Safety
Nice post. But this one (point no. 02) seems to be a Zest.
Old 21st April 2017, 01:14   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Nice post. But this one (point no. 02) seems to be a Zest.
Sunburst Orange coloured Zest? Highly improbable.
Also, the post was based on info received on a Tiago owner's group. That's a Tiago for sure.

My bad - perhaps clicked the wrong link. The white one seems to be a Zest or a Bolt for sure. Not a Tiago.

Last edited by Dr.Suraj : 21st April 2017 at 01:21.
Old 21st April 2017, 06:45   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Also, resale in no way can be compared, maruti wins hands down.
Had i bought an indica vista for the same money as my Ritz or more, would have ended up with atleast 70k lesser at the time of resale.
Year 2006, I bought an Indica V2 DLG, while my friend picked up a Wagon R, at pretty much the same price give or take 20K. Both of us sold it around the same time again. He had done around 85K, while I did 165K. The Indica actually sold for a better price (about 20k more) than the Wagon R which had hardly seen any highway runs and taken excellent care of (single sedate owner use), compared to mine.

My Vista has just completed 107k without any niggles or squeaks and still feels good for a 100k. Have replaced the clutch 103k, timing chain 103k, one shock absorber 90k (due to massive potholes in the dark on the highway) and brake pads at 70k. This is my luggage carrier and daily drive. 150+ kms daily over the last 45 days.

The point is, buy a car that pulls the right strings, not just resale value. I can guarantee that none of the hatchbacks from Maruti or Hyundai can withstand the abuse that a Tata can. My major criterion for buying.
discoverwild is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 14:06   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is taking delivery of his Tiago AMT XZA in Expresso Brown Color today.

OTR - 6.79/- Lakhs including zero depreciation insurance and 5000 worth free accessories.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks