Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2017, 14:12   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Somewhere on this thread there was a discussion about the remote Key not working after a week.

Seems like the explanation given for it is true, but it has become a cause of concern for Tata Motors, maybe they forgot to write about it in owners manual? Or too many people complained...
Received this sms last week on all my registered mobile numbers.

Screenshot attached.
For some reason could not figure out the attachment but. Sorry.
Mods please merge.

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-1495356049653.jpg
Dr.Suraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:42   #242
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

I casually went to enquire about nano amt yesterday at concorde motors akshardham. They did not have nano amt in stock.

Just then, I saw a sparkling, glittering and beautiful berry red tiago amt parked outside. I immediately asked the SA if I can get a test drive of tiago amt. That red tiago was actually the test drive car, berry red is my favourite color of tiago.

This was about to be my first experience of driving any type of automatic car. I sat in the driver's seat with not much expectations about the performance of amt, as I have heard and read a lot about sluggishness in performance.

Stepped on the gas, tiago took off. For the first 3-4 mins tiago was as confused as I was, while driving. We both were trying really hard to understand each other. ��
Gear changes were confusing for me, and hence I could feel slight jerks whenever the gear changed. But then after a few mins I recalled reading in one of the official team bhp reviews that one of the better ways of changing gears in an amt car is by indirectly telling it when to change the gear. This is done by lifting your right foot off the pedal for a second, and this gives the amt a chance to change the gear.

This trick changed the entire driving experience for me. The gear shifts became better, with minimal jerks and I started enjoying the drive. For a person who has been driving manual cars from the past 7-8 years, this was a completely different experience, in a positive way.

Then the SA pressed the button for sports mode. Tiago went mad, transformed into a hooligan. Gears started to shift at 5000-6000 rpm after the tiago would shout its lungs out. I loved the sound that engine produced whenever I floored the pedal in sports mode. SA sensed that I was having a lot of fun and hence asked me to slow down. :-P

Manual mode was good too, change gears at your will and you do not have to worry about downshifts.
I was not too impressed by the ac though, did not chill me to the bones. Yes the air was cold enough to help me survive the scorching heat outside, it was around 12.30 in the afternoon.

I did not feel any lack of power at any point of time during the test drive.Totally impressed by tiago amt.
Few of my points might seem a bit exaggerated to some, but it was an honest opinion by a person who experienced the automatic transmission for the first time.

Ohh and by the way, I have been driving a 12 year old not so well maintained swift all these months, so that might be one of the reasons why I loved the performance of tiago so much.
Aksthedreamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:48   #243
Senior - BHPian

Its quite surprising that this car (Tiago AMT) - has had no official reviews from any of the auto journos - let alone Team-BHP.

What makes worse, there are hardly any user reviews as well - barring few novice reviews on youtube.

Has it something to do with the fact that this car is not as popular as initially thought to be?
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:55   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Its quite surprising that this car (Tiago AMT) - has had no official reviews from any of the auto journos - let alone Team-BHP.

What makes worse, there are hardly any user reviews as well - barring few novice reviews on Youtube.

Has it something to do with the fact that this car is not as popular as initially thought to be?
I guess it is TATA's poor outlook towards marketing and product promotions. I am sure they have not provided cars to media for test drives and reviews.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:59   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

What makes worse, there are hardly any user reviews as well - barring few novice reviews on Youtube.

I guess there might be media car issues. Similar to Tigor, as GTO mentioned on the Tigor's thread. About the particular variant not being popular, could be. When I was following up with them (~Mar/Apr'17), there was a wait period of around 6-8 weeks for the XZ but only 4 weeks for XZA. Dealer never followed up on either, manual or amt, so I am guessing, they are not falling short of their targets. Not yet, at least.
Old 16th June 2017, 14:37   #246
BHPian

Getting the delivery of my Tiago XZA (sunburst orange) today evening. Did the pdi last evening and am quite satisfied the way it went , no negative observations and glad with Concorde Motors Baner Staff for great response.

Had a query , has anyone opted for any other packages like extended warranty, AMC ? If yes pricing details would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan.
Old 16th June 2017, 15:38   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Getting the delivery of my Tiago XZA (sunburst orange) today evening. Did the pdi last evening and am quite satisfied the way it went , no negative observations and glad with Concorde Motors Baner Staff for great response.

Had a query , has anyone opted for any other packages like extended warranty, AMC ? If yes pricing details would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan.
Opted for 2 years (2+2) extended warranty as well as 2 years Gold AMC.
Will try to post pricing soon.
But it's ought to be standard by Tata Motors and should not be dealer dependent.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 16:35   #248
Senior - BHPian

Autocar Review
Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-imageresizerwm.ashxnhttp3a2f2fcdni.autocarindia.com2fextraimages2f20170620034011_dsc_6636.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-imageresizerwm.ashxnhttp3a2f2fcdni.autocarindia.com2freviews2fdsc_6513.jpg

Quote:
The biggest change here is the five-speed AMT. While chugging along in traffic, gearshifts are surprisingly smooth, especially if one isn't really paying attention. At crawling speeds, however, it gets a bit jerky, especially while modulating the throttle. Also, the auto 'box seems to be programmed to shift to a higher gear at the earliest given opportunity and with gradual accelerator inputs, it soldiers along without downshifting. Before an overtaking manoeuvre, just tap the accelerator once and the gearbox will drop down a gear, bringing the car in the powerband from a low, cruising rpm.

Tata has dropped the 'Eco' mode and given it a 'Sport' mode instead. The performance feels livelier in this mode and even throttle responses are sharper. The AMT tries hard to impress by holding gears longer. However, this engine doesn't like to rev and, with several flat spots across the rev band, progress is slow.

It also gets the very useful 'creep' function, which moves the car forward/backward each time the brake is released in auto, reverse or manual mode. There's a bit of a delay before it begins to crawl and the sudden manner in which it moves from a standstill does take some getting used to
Full report here.
AkMar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 11:22   #249
BHPian

Looking at the improved products from Tata, I decided to consider the Tiago AMT along with the Celerio AMT for my wife. While the local Maruti dealer promptly sent a test drive car home , the Tata sales person actually discouraged me from the AMT trying instead to sell the manual version. With no hope of test driving the Tiago AMT , finally went ahead and booked a Celerio Zxi Option pack. With such lethargic Sales personnel Tata will have an uphill task selling their cars.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:36   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAD73 View Post
Looking at the improved products from Tata, I decided to consider the Tiago AMT along with the Celerio AMT for my wife. While the local Maruti dealer promptly sent a test drive car home , the Tata sales person actually discouraged me from the AMT trying instead to sell the manual version. With no hope of test driving the Tiago AMT , finally went ahead and booked a Celerio Zxi Option pack. With such lethargic Sales personnel Tata will have an uphill task selling their cars.
It's possible that the dealer you contacted was trying to push existing stock whereas the AMT version would have to be ordered. This happens with all dealers but leaves the customers feeling frustrated.
Old 21st June 2017, 11:51   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
It's possible that the dealer you contacted was trying to push existing stock whereas the AMT version would have to be ordered. This happens with all dealers but leaves the customers feeling frustrated.
My friend had the same problem and the dealer was not even entertaining a TD. I asked him to connect with the 'Concorde' dealer where he had TD of the AMT and also got the car delivered real quick.

From no where in the initial list, a Berry RED Tiago AMT rests in his garage now. Quite happy with the purchase, hope it remains so for the whole ownership.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 13:20   #252
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on booking Celerio AMT.
You canceled Tiago AMT just because you didn't get a TD from one particular dealer? Did you check out other dealers as well in your city before taking your decision?
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 20:18   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Congratulations on booking Celerio AMT.
You canceled Tiago AMT just because you didn't get a TD from one particular dealer? Did you check out other dealers as well in your city before taking your decision?
Thank You, Regarding the Tiago, unfortunately there is only one Tata dealer in Goa and so I had no other option. I had driven the Tiago manual version and the car which had covered barely 7000 kms had a broken handbrake lever, a rattling dashboard and a weak AC. All these issues point to dealer apathy, I am rooting for Tata to get their act together but till then I'd rather go with a brand that gives me peace of mind.
GLAD73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 19:11   #254
BHPian

Last night while driving back home in Auto mode the reverse sensors got activated and the right turn indicator (whenever used) started to blink faster than normal and also the cabin lamp ( in door open position) stayed on till the system display had parking sensors on.The most irritating part was that at traffic signals even in N (neutral ) mode the sensors kept coming on and as the vehicles behind were close enough the beeping sound became pronounced.

Any idea what could be the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-20170630_192921optimized.jpg  

Last edited by rosaf : 1st July 2017 at 19:15. Reason: Grammatical mistake and more elaboration of my point
Old 1st July 2017, 21:49   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post

Any idea what could be the issue?
The reverse gear switch could be faulty and stuck in on position. It's this is the case, check if the reverse lamps remain on even in neutral or forward gears.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks