Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 00:05   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
RavenAvi, any idea what is up for an unveil on 2nd Feb as per the following tweet by Tata?
Could be fully-electric/hybrid trucks, after their electric/hybrid bus launch.
(link)

Or it could be the commercial launch of it's eco-friendly LNG-powered buses, showcased recently. (link)

Quote:
Is it the Tiago AMT?
Possible, since the car is being seen in dealerships now.

Quote:
or the Kite5 Sedan?
Nope. Still some time away.

Quote:
or is it the Tiago Aktiv?
Nope. Tweet indicates otherwise.

Quote:
or their new Virtual Reality Showrooms?
Still at the development stage.

Will confirm on this by tomorrow.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st January 2017 at 00:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 01:23   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

More spy pics of the interiors of the Tiago AMT from the production floors, courtesy my birdies.

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w3.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w4.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w6.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w7.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w1.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w2.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-w5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 02:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
More spy pics of the interiors of the Tiago AMT from the production floors, courtesy my birdies.
Wow. You are truly a star sir..

This is going to make some serious dent in Celerio sales, I guess. I am wondering whether they are going to come up with only Petrol AMT or the Diesel version too will get some Automatic Love.

Last edited by ampere : 6th February 2017 at 16:22. Reason: Fixed quotes
roushan84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 07:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
This is going to make some serious dent in Celerio sales, I guess. I am wondering whether they are going to come up with only Petrol AMT or the Diesel version too will get some Automatic Love.
AMT will most likely be offered only on Petrol. Fact is that 85% bookings are for Petrol Version itself.

Diesel AMT might arrive when the market demands it, which is unlikely to happen, because in Small Cars, Petrol is the preferred fuel choice.

The variant in the spyshot above is XZ, we may expect another variant (XM/XT) to have AMT option.
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 07:35   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Actually, the possibility of higher clutch wear is more without hill start assist than with it. On inclines, things can get so bad with an AMT that manufacturers specifically fit stickers & warnings that tell you to use the handbrake on inclines. I've personally seen the 'transmission overheating' warning on a climb.

AMTs suffer from rollback on inclines that isn't easy to handle for the average driver. IMHO, hill start assist is a must-have feature on AMTs.

I absolutely agree.
New world drivers would never have encountered things like 'heel and toe' and so on which us older gen drivers from the '70's and '80's were very well used to.

AT/ AMT cars absolutely must have the Hill Hold feature - for around 3 to 5 seconds atleast, to prevent roll backs and/ or not cause the driver to resort to crazy panic acceleration in order to prevent the said roll back, both of which are dangerous as well as bad for the car and its component parts.

I would go a step further and state that if this feature can even be offered on all MT cars it would be great. Its there in my
Yeti MT so I see no reason it cant be made available on other MT cars!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 09:32   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
I am wondering whether they are going to come up with only Petrol AMT or the Diesel version too will get some Automatic Love.
Both are on the cards. Petrol version will come first.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 01:13   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

India Today's sources report that Tata Motors will launch the Tiago AMT by June 2017.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 01:31   #38
BHPian

I must say that the pace at which Tata Motors is working, seems way slower then even local government bodies.

Calling it snail paced would be an understatement. They come with fantastic product ideas and iterations but by the time they release it, there are 10 other options in the market with same idea and philosophy.

After Tiago, Tata is yet to add AMT version while Kwid and ignis are already out with AT versions, and by the time Tata thinks of adding AT to their diesel Tiago, ignis would have had 1st mover advantage (which ideally should have been Tiago).

Maybe that explains their loss of share and struggle to stay in top 5.
roushan84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 13:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Diesel AMT in a car like the Tiago should be a MUST launch, smaller engined diesel cars already have the mileage advantage, Tiago has the price advantage too for what it offers, offering an AMT in a diesel Tiago which is such a VFM product would make even Swift Diesel customers think about going for a Tiago for what it offers.

Tata should definitely launch a Diesel Tiago AMT when it launches the petrol one.
Old 8th February 2017, 13:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Tata should definitely launch a Diesel Tiago AMT when it launches the petrol one.
Tata would have done that if the demand was more towards Diesel, but that's not true. Most Tiago's you see on road are Petrol. Hence Tata will launch the Petrol AMT first.

Also, Price Factor could be the reason behind Tata not coming up with Diesel AMT.
Old 8th February 2017, 22:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tata would have done that if the demand was more towards Diesel, but that's not true. Most Tiago's you see on road are Petrol. Hence Tata will launch the Petrol AMT first.

Also, Price Factor could be the reason behind Tata not coming up with Diesel AMT.
Yes I agree, Diesel Tiago sells are not as much as the Petrol one but trust me, this segment will rise at any given moment and Tata Tiago Diesel AMT will be what will pick up the prize if its already available for sale.

Say at 6.5 lakhs on road for a Diesel AMT Tiago, it's a STEAL considering the next competition is Ignis AMT at more than 8 lakhs on road and with the launch of the Ignis Diesel, the Tiago AMT will seem even more value for money.
humyum is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 01:12   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Big thanks to Sanmeet on WhatsApp for sharing this!

We now know which variants of the Tiago will get the AMT transmission first - it will be the 1.2L petrol XT & the 1.2L petrol XZ, the top two variants in the Tiago lineup.

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-amt.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 05:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

2 AMT Variants is a good move, but I would have preferred XM & XZ to be the 2 variants.

The XT pretty much has all the things, while XM gets AC, Power Steering, Power Windows, Central & Remote Locking.

So, AMT in this XM grade would have made it more affordable and also give buyers an option who are seeking AMT without much features. While who wants them have the XZ for that matter.

Also, another thing is XT doesn't get Airbags/ABS as standard, I hope they offer them as standard on AMT version or as an Option at least like as on Manual.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:58   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2 AMT Variants is a good move, but I would have preferred XM & XZ to be the 2 variants.
This could be because Tata doesn't charge too much for the AMT transmission, and doesn't want to shortchange the paying customer for offering it in a lower variant other than the top two, which are quite loaded AND very competitively priced.

Price increase should be around 45,000 rupees over the equivalent MT variants (since they charge ~41,500 rupees extra for the Nano's AMT variants), and that would make the Tiago XTA petrol at Rs 4.97 lakhs and the Tiago XZA petrol at Rs 5.44 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Quite an excellent VFM proposition, I'd say.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 17:21   #45
BHPian

What Tata have done differently here is to offer AMT with the top end version of the car. Very good move I'd say. Most of the other manufacturers force the buyers to choose between either the features (available on the top end) or an automatic transmission. Glad that prospective Tiago owners can have both. This will add to the car which is already offers tremendous VFM proposition.
Ford_d_Kool is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks