Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 06:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
The SA tells me that the Tiago AMT will be launched on the 29th of march. I was shocked on hearing this. Were they wrong or is it just that each region of the country has its separate date of launch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
29th March is the launch date for Tigor
Not Tiago AMT.
I will keep updating this thread as regularly as possible.
Maybe that is when the Dealer expects the Test Drive vehicles to be made available. Are Test Drive vehicles available? Of course, this has nothing to do with the bookings but I am just interpreting it this way...

Checked on Youtube and could not find any Test Drive/Review of the Tiago AMT as yet.
Old 14th March 2017, 18:35   #77

Booked Tiago AMT (XZA) Sunburst Orange. Registered as the first Booking for XZA in Goa. Dealer has promised to deliver on my auspicious date April 10th. Had booked XZ 2 weeks ago under the condition to upgrade the booking to AMT if launched before I take delivery. Hopefully with the clutch pedal missing & the Manual gear shifter replaced by the AMT selector will provide a smooth drive completely void of the inherent vibrations of the 3 cylinder motor.
Numb_Locked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 19:09   #78
BHPian

Have booked the Tiago AMT Blue colour. Yet to do a Test drive. Only hope there is foot rest for the left foot - that is a key requirement as per my wife!
Waiting for the test drive vehicle in Chennai.
Rammee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 23:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Maybe that is when the Dealer expects the Test Drive vehicles to be made available. Are Test Drive vehicles available? Of course, this has nothing to do with the bookings but I am just interpreting it this way...

Checked on Youtube and could not find any Test Drive/Review of the Tiago AMT as yet.
Test drive vehicles are not yet available.
Dealer says they have placed an order for the TD vehicles. Will be dispatched soon and shall give me a call as soon as it hits the showroom. Unless I find something ridiculously grossly wrong during the TD, my booking is solid. Already happy with the Tiago. AMT can only make it better.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 22:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

I paid a visit to Concorde Motors K R Road, Bangalore. The OTR is Bangalore is 6.71 L On Road Price. The Sales guy asked me to callback by the end of the month and said he would bring the vehicle home for a Test Drive.

At 6.71 Lakhs this car is sandwiched between two other options, the Celerio Zxi AMT (O) on the lower side at around 6.3 L (post a 20K cash Discount that is being offered) and the Ignis AT (Delta 1.2 AT Variant) at 6.99 L On Road. I guess I will need to do a test drive of both Ignis and Tiago AMTs before i Finalize. I already test drove Celerio AMT...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th March 2017 at 22:28.
Old 21st March 2017, 12:58   #81
BHPian

Are there any test drive reviews out yet for Tiago AMT?

I have checked online but couldn't find anything.
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

Tata starts shipping Tiago AMT to Dealers

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-fb_img_1490230698107.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-fb_img_1490230716097.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-fb_img_1490230711033.jpg

Sport Mode exclusive to AMT can be seen on Top of MID. In Manual, it displays ECO & CITY.
Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-fb_img_1490230720571.jpg

Manual Mode (M) along with current gear can be seen on Top Part of MID.
Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-fb_img_1490235123223.jpg

Dead Pedal present, but isn't wide enough
Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-fb_img_1490230726039.jpg
CarguyNish is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:51   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Tata starts shipping Tiago AMT to Dealers
I hope the boot is open in the pics. Otherwise that is quite a wide panel gap where the boot closes! Displaying current gear in manual mode is a nice touch!
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:27   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more shots received from a WhatsApp friend.

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-image1.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-image2.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-image6.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-image3.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-image4.jpg

Tata Tiago AMT launched at Rs. 5.39 lakh-image5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:40   #85
BHPian

The gear leaver is exactly identical to Nano and Zest. Tachometer is present; Nano does not get one. Tiago AMT has City and Sport modes. Manual one had City and Eco modes. Considering the 'City' as standard Sport perhaps delivers more power. That means XZA is less fuel efficient in comparison to XZ. Unlike Nano, B-pedal is much wider, but positioned much higher than the A-pedal. Space in between A and B pedals seems enough.

Last edited by basubhatta : 23rd March 2017 at 12:41.
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:14   #86

Tough times getting the Tiago, Dealer suggesting me to revisit my decision & consider XZ Manual instead. As per him, TATA will first ship the dealers test-drive car, which may take up to Mid of April & only then consider the bookings. The Dealer cautioned me that the delivery of my XZA could be deferred till May second week.

He also told me that the Dealership have lost even many as 100 bookings per month due to poor supply by TATA Motors. He said TATA didn't even bother calling the customers on cancellation. Preference is given as per the market size of the city, hence the Metros get a greater supply. It appears TATA is very unlike Maruti or Hyundai, they are Super-relaxed & rather wait it out (for months together) to gauge the market response to align the production accordingly.

I have called the TATA Motors helpline thrice already, their only reply was "our concerned team will contact you within 48 hours" all 3 times...
NOT A SINGLE CALL BACK.
Numb_Locked is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

It is disheartening to read the numerous posts describing the supply chain issues at Tata. They seem to be common across all launches - Tiago, Hexa and now Tiago AMT :( The time period between launch of cars & delivery to customers is too high IMHO.

Come on Tata, you must get this right! It has been more than a year since the launch of Tiago. This is enough time to incorporate the learnings from Tiago waiting period in my opinion. Continuing with this pace of deliveries will definitely end up driving away customers to competition. Tata is not Maruti for customers to wait for 4-5 months without complaints.

It feels sad to see good cars under-performing due to Tata's inability to fulfill the demand.

Last edited by AkMar : 23rd March 2017 at 14:48.
AkMar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

My colleague is in the market for an economical hatch, and has almost finalized the Celerio AT (due to the daily Hinjewadi run). What is the estimated wait time for the XZA in Pune ? Celerio ZXi AMT (O) is about 8k cheaper than the Tiago XZA (~6.3L vs 6.38L OTR Pune), and thats before any discounts on the Maruti. Does it make sense for him to hold out for the Tiago for a few months if the Celerio is readily available ? This will be his first car, never driven in India.
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
My colleague is in the market for an economical hatch, and has almost finalized the Celerio AT (due to the daily Hinjewadi run). What is the estimated wait time for the XZA in Pune ? Celerio ZXi AMT (O) is about 8k cheaper than the Tiago XZA (~6.3L vs 6.38L OTR Pune), and thats before any discounts on the Maruti. Does it make sense for him to hold out for the Tiago for a few months if the Celerio is readily available ? This will be his first car, never driven in India.
It would be best to inquire waiting time at the local dealer. As far as Celerio vs Tiago goes, I feel Tiago has the upper hand over Celerio. The build quality, paint, design of Tiago is way ahead of Celerio. Celerio looks dated compared to Tiago. Tiago is better than Celerio in all departments expect perhaps engine, where it may be a tie.

If he wants peace of mind, the Celerio will be a better choice. But still, I think that as a car, the Tiago is so good that I would pick it in spite of the A.S.S concerns (which is improving if reports are to go by).

It would be best to ask him to take a look at the Tiago first before finalizing his purchase
Old 23rd March 2017, 21:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_Locked View Post
Tough times getting the Tiago, Dealer suggesting me to revisit my decision & consider XZ Manual instead. As per him, TATA will first ship the dealers test-drive car, which may take up to Mid of April & only then consider the bookings. The Dealer cautioned me that the delivery of my XZA could be deferred till May second week.

He also told me that the Dealership have lost even many as 100 bookings per month due to poor supply by TATA Motors. He said TATA didn't even bother calling the customers on cancellation. Preference is given as per the market size of the city, hence the Metros get a greater supply. It appears TATA is very unlike Maruti or Hyundai, they are Super-relaxed & rather wait it out (for months together) to gauge the market response to align the production accordingly.

I have called the TATA Motors helpline thrice already, their only reply was "our concerned team will contact you within 48 hours" all 3 times...
NOT A SINGLE CALL BACK.
Doesn't seem to be an issue. No such reports at my end.
Test drive vehicles have already reached dealers. Concorde Prabhadevi has it as of today morning.

Don't call. Write an email. Directly to Tata Motors. Complaint on Twitter or Facebook. Your dealer maybe trying to purposely delay your booking to accommodate others or playing safe. Since Tigor isn't launching with AMT I see no reason for supply chain issues. We saw factory floor shots months ago thanks to RavenAvi
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks