Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 19:39   #46
BHPian

Re: The Toyota Innova Crysta Petrol. EDIT - Launched @ Rs. 13.73 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
on that extra 1% tax as a face saving exercise.
Thank you for responding DrMohit. I do not think NGT will settle @ 1%. Maybe 5%? BTW just remembered that after the budget the showrooms are levying 1% TCS additional. It will be interesting to see whether they issue me a certificate to enable me to offset against my tax liability later (am a self employed professional).
Old 10th August 2016, 19:48   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
Thank you for responding DrMohit. I do not think NGT will settle @ 1%. Maybe 5%? BTW just remembered that after the budget the showrooms are levying 1% TCS additional. It will be interesting to see whether they issue me a certificate to enable me to offset against my tax liability later (am a self employed professional).
Well honestly if you have the cash then I would still suggest the diesel variant with its additional 5% tax. You will gain a bit of it in resale anyways. Alternatively why don't you settle for an XUV? No tax applicable on that and now they have even launched the AT variant with that 1.99L motor.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 20:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Alternatively why don't you settle for an XUV? No tax applicable on that and now they have even launched the AT variant with that 1.99L motor.
Not sure about a Mahindra product anymore (broke timing belt on my scorpio twice while in speed so reliability is questionable). Further the owner of a private workshop who serviced my scorpio from 2005-2013 (full 3 lacs km on the odometer when I sold it) and who has become a good friend in these years advises me to not go for the 1.99 L engine. Any thoughts on the 1.99 L engine?
Old 12th August 2016, 20:19   #49
BHPian

Good news is that sale and registration of diesel vehicles in NCR has been allowed by the SC in their ruling today, with imposition of 1% green cess on showroom value of the car. Now I guess Innova petrol will find the couple of homes/month only as GTO wrote in an earlier post.
Old 12th August 2016, 20:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
Good news is that sale and registration of diesel vehicles in NCR has been allowed by the SC in their ruling today, with imposition of 1% green cess on showroom value of the car. Now I guess Innova petrol will find the couple of homes/month only as GTO wrote in an earlier post.
On the contrary Innova Petrol is going to be a dud now, IMHO. With cars above 2000CC have been a green signal to be registered in Delhi, Innova Petrol seems to be too little too late.

drive_angry
Old 4th September 2016, 23:00   #51

Hi
Has any body taken delivery of Petrol Innova Crysta?
I do not see any test drive reports online.
There is no test drive available with the dealer in Bangalore.

I am upgrading from a 2015 Honda City (Dolphin model). My monthly usage is less and I need a comfortable 5+ seater. I am considering the top end Petrol Automatic variant of Innova Crysta for the space, seating comfort, peace of mind and safety features (7 airbags, ESP, Hill hold etc.) it offers.

Since I normally keep the cars for a long time; at this point of time I am not too concerned on the Depreciation or Resale values.

I understand the Petrol innova mileage would be single digits. But how does it drive and how is the the refinement compared to a diesel. And how does petrol innova compare with any equivalent petrol car in similar price brackets. Any insights from the experience forum members on this would be helpful.
Old 5th September 2016, 10:11   #52
BHPian

I TD one a few days back and drove it in ECO mode.
It was a free flowing traffic in-city drive and I could still not touch 8 Kmpl , the car had done 730Kms already. I had reset the MID before starting.

On refinement levels- the NVH are ok, if not superb. Comparing it to the recent Petrol AT TDs that I had taken (Creta, BRV, Ecosport) I would rate it quite low. Not sure if it was because of the ECO mode or whatever, but it just didnt feel good.

Build quality was industrial grade and everything looks like it would last forever.

Just to add: the reversing speed is waaaay too quick !

Last edited by BUXX : 5th September 2016 at 10:24.
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 02:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I TD one a few days back and drove it in ECO mode.
It was a free flowing traffic in-city drive and I could still not touch 8 Kmpl , the car had done 730Kms already. I had reset the MID before starting.
Is this mileage reported for petrol Automatic ?
Even I'm looking for petrol Crysta reviews , but might opt for BRV petrol due to smaller dimension
Old 11th September 2016, 09:32   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I regularly get over 11 on highways and between 8-9 within City. There is something different the way Toyota builds their cars - it's now much more silent after about 20,000 Km then what it used to be 2 years before At idle & low speed it's virtually electric, too hard to tell if the engine is running. I have not yet seen new petrol one but after using Petrol, I doubt if I can go to Diesel again. I am not sure if they are able to sell any Petrol's and it will be interesting to check with Dealers sometime in December or next Year in case someone specifically wants Petrol. I bought mine with huge BMW kind discounts.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th September 2016 at 09:36.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 13:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Is this mileage reported for petrol Automatic ?
Even I'm looking for petrol Crysta reviews , but might opt for BRV petrol due to smaller dimension
Yes, Petrol Automatic .
Old 25th December 2016, 21:21   #56
BANNED

I am having this car at my disposal since last 3 days. The fuel tank size is 65 liters, I have already covered over 430 kilometres and it still is showing 157 kilometres range left. A quick review shall be following soon.

So the FE that I have got till now is:
City: 6-8 depending on traffic
Highway: 11-12 even 13 too
Open highway, 100 kph: 12.6 precisely

100 comes a shade under 2000 rpm, the 2.7 is a quick performer despite being a slow revving engine.

100 kph comes under 12 seconds in PWR mode and under 13.5 in Eco mode with progress being strong even after crossing the 150 mark.

NVH and smoothness of operation is a highlight, every diesel feels boomy in front of this 2.7 petrol and it's note is also music to ears.

Eco mode is more than enough for our cities and highways.

2.8 AT diesel offers between 8-14 kpl in City and highway drives respectively, you can expect 7-13 from this 2.7l petrol engine too.

So, I would say that this makes for a perfect people mover for anyone with a running less than 500 kilometres a month. BR-V CVT that I drove, couldn't deliver even 11 kpl overall with that 1.5l engine, this is a proper 2.7l beast.

And yes, if you rev it hard in P or N mode, then your vehicle also shakes like what we get to see in those Fast and Furious movies.

Last edited by VKumar : 25th December 2016 at 21:22.
VKumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 22:43   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
am having this car at my disposal since last 3 days
So you bought this or got one for an extended test drive? Any offers running on these from Toyota.
Old 26th December 2016, 06:14   #58
BANNED

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on the Innova Petrol Review Thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
So you bought this or got one for an extended test drive? Any offers running on these from Toyota.
The media drive car it is. I shall be returning it back today, will enquire about offers by then. It must have offers since it is a real slow seller.

I have ran this car parallel to a 2.8 Z, the 2.7 is indeed the enthisast's people mover; only if the running is less. The 2.8 is quicker only during initial launch (which makes it hit 100 under 11.5), else the 2.7 demolishes it easily when it's in the top end. But FE will be pathetic there, like any petrol. This engine is smooth and frugal for it's size. I guess it should be very reliable too, going by the fact that it's an old workhorse equipped with VVT-i. The torque figure of 250 Nm is much diesel like, and it pulls too. I am any ways more biased towards this petrol, except the FE; this automatic is superior to its diesel counterparts everywhere. In fact even the FE is also not a far cry from what 2.8 delivers (everyone knows it's pathetic). So for anyone with a running under 750 kms a month, this is not worthy; but better choice than buying the 2.8. This is petrol, it has 15 years if life instead of the 2.8 diesel with 10 years. So keep it for 10 years and that time it's value will be higher than the 2.8 which will have only scrap value then.

Only issue is FE, you need to be cautious with the gas pedal and you wont believe that it is anything bigger than a 2000cc motor, press it hard and you will befriend your nearest fuel bunk guy in no time.

One more point, as BUXX has mentioned, the NVH isn't comparable to 1.5l BR-V or Creta petrol auto. Well, this is double their size and NVH while in the move is same as them. BTW, do they shake at redline whne stationary?
Reversing speed is absolutely normal, I guess 5-6 kph at max and can be further easily regulated by using the brake pedal.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2017 at 15:13. Reason: Linking to review thread
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed