Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2016, 01:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Fiat Linea T-Jet with 123 BHP launched; starts at INR 7.82 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpillai View Post
What comes to my mind is the Linea Powered by Abarth thread on this forum, which was closed on the same day it was started, because the news was fake. Somebody just stuck a 'Powered by Abarth' badge behind a Linea and posted the pic on some websites stating it is the new Linea powered by Abarth. And everybody started a howl and cry on what all features they want is not there / why it is not going to be a success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Thanks, I really felt happy till I read your post. But, I also feel this is some bogus news. I just checked their website and there is no mention of the new car and as you said the indicated price does not quite add up to believe this is a verified actual news.
But this news seems to be true. In auto expo 2016 this car was displayed. The display car had black alloys and black orvm. When i asked the Fiat guys about the launch, i was told they are planning to launch it around Diwali.

Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched-12688012_1009480962457130_8588532942557752666_n.jpg

Edit- On the Fiat stall coverage by Team Bhp in Auto expo 2016, the details of this car was shared too - Link.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2016 at 08:07. Reason: Sharing link to post #3 directly. Just click on the post number on the top-right corner of the post and share the URL. Thanks
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 01:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpillai View Post
And we have a thread in Team-BHP now on this!!! Let's not fall for this guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Thanks, I really felt happy till I read your post. But, I also feel this is some bogus news.

Believe it guys! This is no prank. Here you go- some more credible sources reporting the same.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...2510&type=News
http://wap.business-standard.com/art...0700930_1.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 01:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
But this news seems to be true.
And that badge is the best they could come up with?

They've been flogging the same set of headlights and tail lights since 2009, they haven't even committed enough to make that small change that is usually the first on the list of all other manufacturers.

Can't even begin to express the frustration with Fiat. It isn't as if they need to create a new set of cars from scratch for India.

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2016 at 10:21. Reason: Removing oversized image
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 03:05   #19
mxh
BHPian

Unless the sales and after sales image improves, fiat unfortunately faces extinction in India. They also need to bring completely new looking cars rather than just facelifts.
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 09:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Adding 12 PS and calling it significantly more powerful? Ridiculous to say the least. They could have plonked the 140 HP version doing duty in the Avventura, that would have been a worthy upgrade. In this case, addition of infotainment system with navigation as default is the only notable change.

How much really the difference of of 125 HP and 140 HP (25 HP) would make and matter to most?

As it is the TJet has enough power. The sales are also not stellar. So with 140 HP the mileage would again go down and people will crib from top of their voice about mileage being less and beat the product. People would expect all powerful 140 HP and also very high mileage.

May be 125 HP power is decent enough and something to hold on till new products are launched.

It is surprising that the Fiat website does not mention about this launch. Lets not speculate until we get some official confirmation.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 8th July 2016 at 09:34.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 10:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post

How much really the difference of of 125 HP and 140 HP (25 HP) would make and matter to most?

As it is the TJet has enough power. The sales are also not stellar. So with 140 HP the mileage would again go down and people will crib from top of their voice about mileage being less and beat the product. People would expect all powerful 140 HP and also very high mileage.
Hey maverickxx2006, I guess you got it a bit wrong about what nkrishnap probably meant.

The point here is not the difference between 125PS and 140PS, but the fact that the current T-jet already came with 112PS and 140PS power would have made a significant "POWERTECH" bump!!

The point is that if FCA is harping about the this T-jet being the "MOST POWERFUL" in its class, then why not make it really that big on numbers. The reason why people are "Cribbing from top of their voice" about mileage is because its quite bad. A mainstream sedan giving FE of a premium D segment car will never be accepted by a general buyer.

So if this was never the real intention to use the power tech update on the T-jet, why not make it excel all the way in the performance.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2016 at 10:53. Reason: FAC > FCA. :)
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 10:45   #22
BHPian

Somehow I am not a fan of FIAT's business strategy of trial and error with the same Linea and Punto models.

Each year, FIAT rolls out new variants with either added features (Linea 125S) or after being stripped to bare bones (Linea Classic). The catch here is, though FIAT is trying all permutations and combinations of features on each variant that is rolled out, but still the base model remains the same. Both Linea and Punto have already had their run completed and have gained the image of being “Senior Citizens”, among the current crop of young Boy’s.

Its time FIAT starts looking beyond these museum worthy siblings, and brings in some fresh blood in its product line up.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Both Linea and Punto have already had their run completed and have gained the image of being “Senior Citizens”, among the current crop of young Boy’s.

Its time FIAT starts looking beyond these museum worthy siblings, and brings in some fresh blood in its product line up.
Don't want to start a shooting mach here, but I will any day take my 'Senior Citizen' over the current crop of the 'Young Boys'.

Cheers.
keroo1099 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 11:24   #24
BHPian

FIAT is doing its every bit to please the Indian buyers. I totally agree with King_pin09 that they have done almost all permutations and combinations with the Linea and Punto.
I am really surprised to see that they are still very motivated to continue their business in India. These cars are so good and so much value for money with their build quality, features and things like Italian leather seat covers, awesome 16 inch alloys. I would recommend a Tjet over honda city anyday. Unfortunately the sales have not picked up at all, what is going against FIAT?
Old 8th July 2016, 11:37   #25
BHPian

Well, all major auto websites are reporting this news. What is hard to believe is the price tag of 7.82 Lakhs. Is it the price of Active version or Emotion. The common sense suggests that 125S version will be launched only at the top end. If thats the case, then either this is a typographical mistake or its a very gutsy decision by Fiat. There is no mention of 125S on the official Fiat website yet.

In either case, there is no Fiat showroom in Mumbai Pls carry on Fiat.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:47   #26
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, is this 125 bhp on Multijet or T-Jet ?
Old 8th July 2016, 11:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
T Jet Buddy ! One of the best petrol motors available in India
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 11:58   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
What is hard to believe is the price tag of 7.82 Lakhs. Is it the price of Active version or Emotion.
I believe the entire range has been upgraded and hence the low starting price. Similar to Punto Evo as well where the 93ps multijet has now been made standard across the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
TJET petrol.
Old 8th July 2016, 12:12   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Adding 12 PS and calling it significantly more powerful? Ridiculous to say the least. They could have plonked the 140 HP version doing duty in the Avventura, that would have been a worthy upgrade. In this case, addition of infotainment system with navigation as default is the only notable change.

I think, that the ongoing model making 114PS itself was not THAT bad a thing, and if my memory serves me right, it was quoted somewhere on Teambhp itself(and i agree with that assertion) that the gearing was one of the major issues of that motor. Had the second gear be tuned to see triple digits, the 11.2 seconds to ton mark would have gone down. Before we have someone from here review the reincarnation, i would keep my fingers crossed and hope that more than the BHP, they have tuned the gear ratios appropriately to match the current king of the segment, City.

Also, the 114ps version itself was able to reach the naughty side of 190(as crouched by me on a friend's linea), the new state of tune can also be looked to better the in-gear acceleration and overall tractability of this otherwise strong engine IMHO.
Old 8th July 2016, 12:25   #30
BHPian

According to Indian Express the new launch will have diesel engines http://www.newindianexpress.com/auto...cle3519026.ece

Most Viewed