Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2016, 12:31   #31
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea T-Jet with 123 BHP launched; starts at INR 7.82 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
But this news seems to be true. In auto expo 2016 this car was displayed.
Yes Buddy, I'm well aware that Linea 125s has been showcased in Auto Expo 2016. Here is one post I wrote in the 'Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016' thread some time back, regarding the expected 'Linea 125s'.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3945670
I'm also eagerly waiting for this launch. My point is, the current news of it has been launched seems to be false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Believe it guys! This is no prank. Here you go- some more credible sources reporting the same.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...2510&type=News
http://wap.business-standard.com/art...0700930_1.html
Just because something is posted in a reputed website doesn't guarantee that the information must be true. Mistakes do happen. For all these (including the starting post in team-bhp) the source of information seems to be same(http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-fi...inr-7-82-lakh/), which I doubt how much credible is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Well, all major auto websites are reporting this news.
Exactly that is what happened when the rumor of 'Linea Powered by Abarth' came out. Many websites quoted team-bhp, even with a water marked image from team-bhp. And all of it died once the thread was closed in team-bhp.
vpillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 12:35   #32
BHPian

It's brilliant pricing if true. But the irony is, people shopping at the 9L OTR price point are also very conscious about mileage and all other aspects already discussed so many times. Fiat is clearly solving the wrong problem here.

And, just how many different power figures will Linea and Punto have? 75, 90, 100, 125, 140......maybe they intend to set a record for having more power ratings than vehicles sold.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 13:00   #33
BHPian

For me,

1. Fiat is too late in the game- with Maruti offering 90 bhp and 120 bhp, Linea's 125 bhp looks measly.

2. Add to that the age old design (though attractive) a person buying a Linea will always ask how does my Linea be different than the normal Linea - a condition similar to that of the VW Polo GT and the likes.

3. With the Punto Abarth already in the market, my only reaction was "really!!! you have a 145 hp ready to go engine and you come up with 125- that's not 12 hp higher, its 20 hp lower. Not mentioning the torque anywhere. Plus what have you done to the awful gearbox which is the weakest link.

4. Do you have a showroom in Mumbai?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2016 at 13:26. Reason: u > you + several typos. Please take the time to format your post before submitting. Thanks!
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 13:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

The website is not updated. I thought Active get these goodies( atleast ABS + Airbag). They dropped almost 55k for TJet?

Forget about bringing new models! Give us a dealer at Trivandrum!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th July 2016 at 13:27. Reason: Trv > Trivandrum.
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 13:20   #35
BHPian

I would like to say, better late than never!

Fiat has no new car to launch, but has beautiful engines under it's hood, my opinion is that they have done what could do. If FIAT bails out from INDIA then Maruti, TATA and other's will have nothing better to offer on the diesel department. So FIAT might have thought, if it had no new launches, lets better up the engine department.

For a FIAT owner like me, it's good news to hear, a TJET bumped up by 12PS. For an "fiat person"/enthusiast who's getting a TJET @ that specs under 10L bracket with 500L boot.. boy! it's a boon. I think most owners who have/driven a TJET would agree with the same. Have anyone taken FIAT to a corner and not grinning?

But having said, FIAT needs new cars, these small moves aren't going to do well in long run.

New Launches FIAT New Launches !!!
90Horses is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 13:22   #36
BHPian

Being a very very happy T-Jet owner I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't think anything Fiat attempts will work in India. The name Fiat unfortunately brings up so many negative emotions to those who don't own one, that the battle is lost before it can even begin.

I'm willing to bet that even a Maruti rebadged as a Fiat wont sell if they tried.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 13:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

They should have done this long ago, but anyway, better late than never.
I always loved the Linea and it still is my favorite. It is one car that really connects to you !

I think the bump in power will help in attaining higher speeds when the car is loaded with passengers and luggage. Torque figures are already in the territory of multijet which is excellent.

Hope they launch the blue colored one with black alloys they showed in Auto Expo. Good to see Fiat keep doing small things here and there in India when they really don't have to. Fiat's powertrain unit is raking in all the moolah and as a result, is profitable.

Off topic: ACI says now the Punto also has 93 PS engines across all variants
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-402510.aspx

Last edited by NiInJa : 8th July 2016 at 13:57.
Old 8th July 2016, 14:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
I would like to say, better late than never!

Fiat has no new car to launch, but has beautiful engines under it's hood, my opinion is that they have done what could do. If FIAT bails out from INDIA then Maruti, TATA and other's will have nothing better to offer on the diesel department. So FIAT might have thought, if it had no new launches, lets better up the engine department.

For a FIAT owner like me, it's good news to hear, a TJET bumped up by 12PS. For an "fiat person"/enthusiast who's getting a TJET @ that specs under 10L bracket with 500L boot.. boy! it's a boon. I think most owners who have/driven a TJET would agree with the same. Have anyone taken FIAT to a corner and not grinning?

But having said, FIAT needs new cars, these small moves aren't going to do well in long run.

New Launches FIAT New Launches !!!
I feel you have summarized exactly how a FIAT owner/fan would think of this news and I agree completely. FIAT has foothold mainly in Europe and they are not looking to become best sellers in all segments in countries where names like ITALDesign and BERTONI are some jargons. It's their Italian way of doing business. FIAT has a tagline 'Crafted for car lovers' so that makes it obvious that are concentrating on a particular segment of market where things like unnecessary interior features, Kitna deti hai? and car of the year doesn't really matter.

Its high time people stop considering FIAT as competition to Maruthi or VW. No they are not bothered, they won't be rushed. They are looking at putting a soul into a car, not add more curves and flares to make it hyundaique so that it'll please the masses. No.

As far as the 125PS version is concerned, FIAT owners or people who have observed keenly how bulky all FIAT cars are; and I don't know, due to some lapse in the strategy they introduced lower spec engines which didn't quite give the cars the appeal they deserve. Now atleast they will be drivable in city condition and well for atleast that effort I give them a thumbs up.

Think about it, they are no puny organization. If they decided they could do very well. But I think that would be lost cause. I like them as they are, I don't want them to become another Maruthi or Hyundai and ruin the exclusiveness.
raghu.bramha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 14:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Off topic: ACI says now the Punto also has 93 PS engines across all variants
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-402510.aspx
Except for Punto Pure Variant other diesels are 93HP.
90Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 14:06   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Maruti offering 90 bhp and 120 bhp, Linea's 125 bhp looks measly.
Which Maruti is that? I seems to have missed this news!

Hope you are not talking about the S Cross 1.3 and 1.6 diesels here in comparison to the petrol 125 being discussed here.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 14:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
Except for Punto Pure Variant other diesels are 93HP.
Guess now their strategy is to phase out the 75 bhp engine!

Punto Pure - 75 BHP
Punto EVO / Avventura / Linea - 90BHP VGT engine as standard.

So, the Punto Pure is the entry level Hatch with Evo being the mid segment hatch!

I am happy that at least the folks who love the 90HP engine don't have to shell out 10L for the 90HP sport variant.
Old 8th July 2016, 14:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

The new car will be available at Kashyap Fiat on this Sunday 10 July 2016. The deliveries will commence from 1 August 2016. The Delhi launch is scheduled for 12:00 noon on 10 July 2016.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 14:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Don't want to start a shooting mach here, but I will any day take my 'Senior Citizen' over the current crop of the 'Young Boys'.

Cheers.
Well, whether you choose senior citizens or young boys, it is totally your choice. But if you have missed to take notice of the intent in my post, then let me clear it.

My statement was not a direct comparison of LINEA/ PUNTO with other new cars like Honda city or Vento or Ciaz etc., but the marketing strategy adopted by FIAT vis-a-vis other established players. All manufactures be it Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Ford, Renault and et al have been refreshing their product line ups at regular intervals of say 2 years. They either add new products in their portfolio and/or refresh their existing better doing products vehicles substantially. Verna, Honda City, Accord, Innova, Swift, all have undergone substantial transformation during their lifetime whilst Ciaz, Baleno, Brezza, Elite I20, I20, I10, Grand I10, Xcent, Ecosport, Figo, Aspire, Jazz, Mobilio, BR-V, Amaze, Brio, Kwid, Fluence, Lodgy, Rapid, Laura, Terrano, etc., all these were added by their respective manufacturers during the same period i.e., time since FIAT re-entered into the Indian Market.

FIAT on the other hand have been sticking around with LINEA and PUNTO since 2007 and 2009 respectively. Plans to launch, Bravo, Panda, etc were shelved while the Palio was phased out in the mean time and even as the FIAT 500 was rejected outright by buyers. It is not that they have limited offerings in their arsenal, in fact they have much better products doing rounds globally. Just take TIPO as an example. It is just their unwillingness to bring superior products over here.

All in all, it seems FIAT will continue experimenting with the LINEA and PUNTO till eternity, and still find a few takers to its “Senior Citizens”, who buy them under one context or the other.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 8th July 2016 at 15:08.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 15:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
The Fiat Linea 125 S starts at INR 7.82 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). The Italian sedan also offers 16-inch signature alloy wheels, rain sensing smart wipers, auto headlamps, single-touch power windows and cruise control. Across all products, FCA India offers a warranty of 3 years/100,000 km comprehensive warranty with service intervals of 15,000 km.
[/url]
To me this looks hoax/rumor.

How on earth the Fiat Linea 125 S can start at INR 7.82 lakh (ex Delhi) when the Linea T-jet itself starts at INR 8,37,754 - Active version (Ex Delhi)?? This is the price on Fiat website.

Lets not speculate on Linea 125 S until we get official confirmation.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 15:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
And, just how many different power figures will Linea and Punto have? 75, 90, 100, 125, 140......maybe they intend to set a record for having more power ratings than vehicles sold.
This is very very funny and hilarious, ironically and otherwise too
vinit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks