Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 06:28   #61
BANNED

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet with 123 BHP launched; starts at INR 7.82 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I am not sure what is Fiat upto.
What FIAT is upto for the last 15 years is to demonstrate to all car manufacturers how not to run an automobile manufacturing enterprise in India.

It is an area that other manufacturers have tried to venture into but they have not been as successful as FIAT.

Sheer consistency is Fiat's differentiating strength.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 06:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
What FIAT is upto for the last 15 years is to demonstrate to all car manufacturers how not to run an automobile manufacturing enterprise in India.

It is an area that other manufacturers have tried to venture into but they have not been as successful as FIAT.

Sheer consistency is Fiat's differentiating strength.
Ha Ha, true. With luck they will learn a little from the tie-up with Mazda, a company that almost went bankrupt in the 90's but look at it now after separating from Ford.
Old 10th July 2016, 09:31   #63
BHPian

Let me end the confusion regarding the price. Attaching the price list from kashyap fiat, okhla.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched-1468123317049.jpg  

aditya.bhardwaj is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 09:51   #64
BHPian

Hello All,

I was at the showroom yesterday to TD this car and spent quite a bit of time driving it. I have a Polo for two years now and so i was bench marking the Linea against that experience.

The drive was cool, nice and easy, actually the right word to use is Nimble. The clutch was relatively light, steering easy and it did not feel like driving the longest sedan in that class. The navigation panel was cool and it was interesting to see yourself on the route map, this being my first time!!!

There was good low end torque though not comparable to the TDIs. Also i dd not get a chance to test this on the highways, just the city roads. The drivability on the city roads was good and easy with not too many gear changes or clutch holding. The space between the clutch and dead panel has been changed to have more gap. There is no Auto Dimming RVM and i believe i was driving the emotion variant. Also there is one touch window up or down facility. The boot was opened to have a look inside and i had to make an effort to pull it back for shutting it.

Everything else remains unchanged. The leg room and space on the rear is cramped when the front seats are pushed back. It is definitely a 4 seater and 5 occupants will be uncomfortable. The car has tremendous build quality as well as big 16 inch wheels and is, no doubt, described as a tank. Imagine the sense of reassurance driving this car!!! I would love to own this one just for the build and the engine, everything else seemingly less relevant.

What i also did yesterday was to quickly head to VW and drive a Vento Petrol which was the only one available for TD. The standout feature in comparison was the rear leg room and space with the front seats pushed back.

The other that struck me was the sense of more space around the driver area in VW whereas the Fiats seem a packed in the front area. Maybe this was psychological...

I should admit here that i have no prior ownership experience with Fiat Cars. At the same time I have a fairly good idea what to expect from VW.

Really, for me atleast, it boils down to Head or Heart!!!

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 11:41   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Let me end the confusion regarding the price. Attaching the price list from kashyap fiat, okhla.
Acoording to the brochure, 125 PS T-Jet is available only in Emotion trim. 1.4 Fire petrol is available only in Active trim. If 125 ps T-Jet is indeed available in Active trim at 7.82 lakhs, it's a steal .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th July 2016 at 11:42.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 23:19   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean that there is no Dynamic variant for the 125S?

Regards
Bharath
Old 11th July 2016, 10:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
Uploading 125s brochure to give rest to the speculation going on, now waiting for variatwise prices.
Funny.. The Tuscan Wine colour which was a popular colour seems to have dropped. In fact, they should have gotten rid of the minimal grey as it is hardly seen.

The sunbeam gold is also gone and Bronzo Tan takes it place. I hope its closer to the discontinued Bronzo Scuro which is an excellent colour for the Linea.

Thank god they retained the workhorse Magnesio Grey and the NPW. And whatever happened to the electric blue that was shown in the Expo? I hope they are not planning to launch a limited edition of an already limited edition car!

Last edited by thedragula : 11th July 2016 at 11:16.
Old 11th July 2016, 13:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
So it did happen finally!!! Good news
Apologies for my earlier post in this thread claiming this must be a false news. I was not being pessimist but the write up really looked bogus, without any solid proofs to support and an unbelievable price of 7.82L for Tjet. I think the 7.82L price tag is for the Active 1.4L FIRE variant. Somebody who is in touch with the dealerships may please confirm it.
Anyway, this is a welcome launch. Let's see how many folks out there, who were reluctant to buy Abarth Punto just because of its reduced ground clearance(155mm), are ready to buy Linea 125s(190mm)!! For me, Linea 125s looks more practical and makes much more sense to buy than Abarth Punto (And I would have definitely done it if I was in the market to buy my next car).
PS: I won't be concerned about the FE if it comes with a benefit.
Old 11th July 2016, 13:50   #69

I am from Mumbai. I am interested to upgrade my petrol 2010 linea emotion pk to this newest model.
Any leads as to which dealership would be best for this?
Old 11th July 2016, 14:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossycool View Post
I am from Mumbai. I am interested to upgrade my petrol 2010 linea emotion pk to this newest model.

Any leads as to which dealership would be best for this?

I bought my Abarth from Sky Moto Fiat, Pune who offered a better deal on my used Punto than any used car buyers in the market. You could call them and enquire.
Old 11th July 2016, 15:10   #71
BHPian

As a person who's owned a Linea MJD for almost 7 years, all I can say is that their maintenance isn't cheap. Spares & labour are seriously overpriced. And it's not like they're something superior, they're just as good/bad as the ones Maruti & TATA sells.

This offer, to me, is an attempt to push over a few cars into the market to see their overpriced spares selling & service centres overcharging the few customers who they get.

C'mon guys, can't we see through this? The incidence of cost of running the service centres will be wholly borne by a small group of customers.

Observe their management & market 'strategy', anyone will clearly notice how dismally they market their products. IMO it's deliberate. Lower the sales, lesser any real work.

Somewhere deep inside I feel that the undeserving top management in FIAT have neither the interest of the customers in mind, nor that of the company. They might just be trying to hoodwink the Italian bosses and somewhat showing an unreal & insincere effort, just to simply sustain their 'jobs' for as long as they can.

I would never recommend FIAT anymore even if they give a long term warranty like someone mentioned earlier.

No offence meant to anyone, I just sincerely said what I felt.
WorkingGuru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
As a person who's owned a Linea MJD for almost 7 years, all I can say is that their maintenance isn't cheap. Spares & labour are seriously overpriced. And it's not like they're something superior, they're just as good/bad as the ones Maruti & TATA sells.
Would love to know which parts you are talking about and to which car spares you compared it to. I changed following parts and dont think they are over priced:

1. Clutch change - 10.5K
2. Right Headlight - 2.5K
3. Steering Rack - 15K (FIAT gave 50% disc as Goodwill)
4. Starter Motor - 8K (Under Warranty)
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:58   #73
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched

So what exactly is preventing this drop-dead gorgeous powerful sedan from flying off the shelves? What is its avg real world FE?
If it gives atleast as much as a prev-gen Fiesta/Classic 1.6, then the 125S is a sweet bargain, considering it looks and feels so premium!
Old 11th July 2016, 20:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
So what exactly is preventing this drop-dead gorgeous powerful sedan from flying off the shelves? What is its avg real world FE?
If it gives atleast as much as a prev-gen Fiesta/Classic 1.6, then the 125S is a sweet bargain, considering it looks and feels so premium!

I appreciate your query about Fuel economy but Linea TJet may not be car one would buy considering FE.

Buy it for the build and the engine capabilities...

No offence meant...

Regards
Bharath
Old 12th July 2016, 14:57   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 125 S with 123 BHP launched

Overdrive Review :

Quote:
Interestingly, the 125 S feels faster than it actually is. For example, you feel like you are at 130kmph when the speedo is actually hovering at around 90kmph. The top speed we recorded was about 190kmph on the clocks with a little more to go. How does she feel compared to the now discontinued 114PS Linea T-Jet? To be honest, I hadn’t driven the older car but for a perspective, I made Rishaad drive the Linea 125 S. He said that this felt a smidgen faster though the feel was the same from both the cars.

This reflects in the acceleration numbers 0-100kmph in 10.4s compared to the T-Jet’s 11.08s. Like the Abarth siblings, the 125 S struggles to set a quick 0-100kmph time because of huge and wasteful wheelspin in first gear. A 0-100kmph number is not fully indicative of this car’s performance because it has a very strong midrange, upwards of 2,000rpm and feels faster than any other segment rivals.
http://overdrive.in/reviews/2016-fia...d-test-review/
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks