Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2016, 23:16   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

So, all the 90HP multijet engines manufactured in Punto evos post June 2016 batches (with "powertech" badging) now see the timing chain change at 90,000 kms compared to early 60,000 kms. I cross checked with an owners manual of 2014-2016 Punto Evo series for the "sport" variant and that has a 60,000 kms interval.
From what I know all 90 HP engines that were manufactured March '15 onwards have this timing change update. Its just that it got updated on the manual recently.
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:

Car is here, and I find my frosty reindeer to be a vastly improved version of the erstwhile red beluga.
Woah Sid you are a true FIAT FANATIC bro, and congrats on your Frosty Reindeer

We all know how your review posts are and I cannot wait for your ownership review

Wish you a happy motoring and drive safe.
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh

Quote:
Car is here, and I find my frosty reindeer to be a vastly improved version of the erstwhile red beluga.
Could you please let us know the cumulative discounts that you were offered?
Old 24th November 2016, 12:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1577709

Attachment 1577710

Attachment 1577711

So, all the 90HP multijet engines manufactured in Punto evos post June 2016 batches (with "powertech" badging) now see the timing chain change at 90,000 kms compared to early 60,000 kms. I cross checked with an owners manual of 2014-2016 Punto Evo series for the "sport" variant and that has a 60,000 kms interval.
Just curious to know , how much did you get for the red beluga and how much did you have to pay for the new steed .

Just wanted to understand the math behind teh deal . If its interesting I'll also go ahead with a switch .
Old 27th November 2016, 18:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

I have done close to 1000 kms in this now.

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-dsc00315.jpg

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-dsc00340.jpg

Just a sneak preview:
-The driveability is miles better than any VGT Punto ever I drove. Turbo spools from 1800 rpm, but torque delivery is more linear. Its a far easy car to live with in city.
-First gear remains short, second is a bit taller. Easy to potter around again in city.
-Third gear is more punchier, though its no Polo 1.5. That car has violent pull.
-All the traits my old red Punto had are carried over.
-Stereo has GPS, navigation, navigation dashboard, two SD card slots, USB, Aux and bluetooth voice connect and streaming. The Voice command option is discontinued. No CD player either.
-ICE speaker quality is now tolerable, though I will upgrade my ICE setup sometime later.
-More? Once I clock up kilometres. Christmas special review, of course.
Till then, Ciao.

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-y.jpg

Am I loving it? Of course, yes. And a silent engine is another plus.
sidindica is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 18:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
From what I know all 90 HP engines that were manufactured March '15 onwards have this timing change update. Its just that it got updated on the manual recently.
Timing chain replacement schedule is 90k km/5 Years in my Feb-16 manufactured EVO-90HP.
Old 17th December 2016, 16:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

The chassis always begged for more power and the tagline "Feel the greed for speed" in Abarth Punto's brochure was just too tempting to resist.

So, 115 horses and 250 nm of torque on crank is what the car needed.

The chassis can easily handle this much, and the car runs so much more freely. Mid range has become much much more eager, and 4th and 5th gear pull from 60 all the way till 120 and above is effortless. Added to the bonus the flexibility of the VGT and very few gear downshifts.

Fiat Punto EVO & Avventura PowerTech range with 92 BHP launched; starts at INR 6.81 lakh-15380774_1398962370138044_5034609466012764987_n.jpg

All in all, at 2800 kms after, a complete package now. Because, life is too short to bother about warranties.
sidindica is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 13:39   #68
BHPian

Quote:
The chassis always begged for more power and the tagline "Feel the greed for speed" in Abarth Punto's brochure was just too tempting to resist.

So, 115 horses and 250 nm of torque on crank is what the car

Yes even my remapped 90 hp now is now potent. I was earlier a little apprehensive of the stock brakes would be enough for the increased power and yes they are more than enough. Also the changes in the NVH is now like night and day. Enjoy your beast
Old 20th January 2017, 12:36   #69
BHPian

Saw two powertech Puntos in pune, one in Red and the other was in Silver. Both were looking smoking hot. It was a nice feeling seeing three (including mine) Puntos riding close to each other .

I was sold again to the design and the gorgeous looking illuminated Tail lights and felt proud, thinking that someone might be admiring mine too .

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 20th January 2017 at 12:38. Reason: Adding detail
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 17:26   #70
BHPian

My Punto Evo Powertech Emotion 90hp first Service:

It will be six months next week and though only 3800km on odometer, I took Bronco (that's his name by the way) for his first service.

Usage experience for the six months:
The negatives I reported earlier are no more negatives as I got adjusted to them.
Started to feel that the engine is smoothening out a bit and also am able to hold higher gear at lower speeds than before.
Efficiency also improved as I am able to hold on to higher gears. City : around 13 and Highway 18-19, as per the car display.

Service experience:
Booked appointment for 0900 but reached there 0930, feeling guilty for the delay but relieved and surprised to find that much of the staff has not turned up. The cleaners were still sweeping the floors.

It is just a couple of hours of work - apart from washing, it incudes tyre-rotation, wheel alignment and balance check, check and top-up fluids (no change), electrical system check, filters cleaning, etc.

There were no complaints apart from some ticking noise on front-left side and another something-is-loose noise from the rear left. Noise disappeared for the moment.

I was surprised that they charged me for Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing check - would like to know if it is the case with everybody else or I have been ripped. Amount is around Rs1050.

Had a couple of minor dents and scratches - got a quote for them which I need to get done later as I have to leave the car in the service center for 3 - 4 days for that.
Old 5th February 2017, 16:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post

I was surprised that they charged me for Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing check - would like to know if it is the case with everybody else or I have been ripped. Amount is around Rs1050.

Had a couple of minor dents and scratches - got a quote for them which I need to get done later as I have to leave the car in the service center for 3 - 4 days for that.
Normally in the first service FASS sites only wheel alignment but now that you have got done wheel balancing as well, Rs 1050 is totally fine.

Get the minor dents/scratches done from outside. FASS would take time and charge more as well. You can order the color online if the outside workshop doesn't stock it.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 19:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams_f1 View Post
Hi,
>You should wait till you complete 5k Kms, as the engine really smoothens out and the drivability is also better, the difference is almost night and day.
Welcome to the Fiat fraternity!
Full agreement with this.
Completed 5500 last week and I could feel that the engine freed-up and significantly smooth and drivability is much better.
The difference indeed is night and day!
Much more pleasure in taking Bronco for a drive now!
Old 29th May 2018, 11:51   #73
BHPian

I own a june 2016 fiat avventura mjd emotion after selling june 2010 punto mjd active.Having owned fiat punto for almost six years i could help going for the avventura .My current drive fiat avventura has clocked 46 thousand kms till date and to some up the ownership experience its like falling in love once again with same person with certain revamped characteristics .
I have driven it on roads ,no roads(gravel riddin jungle road of kaimur wildlife sanctuary in Mirzapur district) and each time it has come out with elan .
Highway behaviour is simply superb and the ride and handling is more or less same league as pre 2012 punto with added ground clearance of 205mm.
My service interval has been 7500 kms (engine oil change,oil filter change ).
Recently i got it serviced at 45000 kms .
Avventura is almost two years old and still there is no rattling ,creaking from anywhere except certain noise from the rear mounted spare will mechanism which was rectified in last service .Moreover the horn was replaced free of cost under warranty.
The service advicer conned me of rs 900 ,alibi was engine flushing without asking for my permission .I think there is no need of engine flush in mjd engines as the engine oil does the job itself as it contains mild detergents as additives and the carbon deposits are held in suspension to be disposed in next service .The company mandated 15000kms engine oil change is very stretched and indian driving conditions are too harsh for it .Moreover he was suggesting timing chain replacement in next service (60k kms)which i declined owning to updated timing chain replacement intervals .
I think I should stick to it .
Moreover ,I recently resorted to Italian tuning -some spirited high rpm driving,to take of carbon deposits .
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 13:50   #74
BHPian

I got my third service (2 years) of my Punto 90hp done last week and I had a surprise. I would like some feedback on this.

One of the things to do on this service was Tyre-Rotation (which was free of cost). I did not select the option of the wheel balancing (which is paid option) during this service so the SA told me tyre-rotation would not be done. Is this true or are they just trying to avoid additional free work without paid work?
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
I did not select the option of the wheel balancing (which is paid option) during this service so the SA told me tyre-rotation would not be done. Is this true or are they just trying to avoid additional free work without paid work?
They are supposed to rotate the tyres free of cost. Atleast, Maruti does it, even when we don't get the alignment done from them. However, it really wouldn't matter as there are no separate charges for tyre rotation when we get the alignment and balancing done outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks