Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 07:38   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

Some more details of the Marrazo as it reaches dealerships,

Quote:
The cabin area of the Marazzo M8 sees the introduction of a digital instrument cluster, a 7.0-inch (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible) touchscreen infotainment system mounted on the centre console and an automatic AC unit. The steering wheel has buttons for the infotainment system on the right and for cruise control on the left. The dashboard gets a dual-tone gloss black and beige finish. All three rows of the MPV, which will be available in seven- and eight-seat configurations, get roof-mounted AC vents.

The Marazzo is powered by a new 1.5-litre diesel engine that makes 130hp and 300Nm of torque, and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, as the spy images show.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-ac0.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-ac000.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-ac00.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-acc.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-ac1.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-ac2.jpg

Source:

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th August 2018 at 07:40.
volkman10 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 09:39   #332
BHPian

One of the cleanest designs to come out from the Mahindra stable. Looks nice especially in the shade above.

Looks a tad smaller than Hexa. Interesting to see where it would be priced. Doesnt look like there is much space in the engine bay to plonk the 2.2l unit later which is a shame.
Avinash_R is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 09:41   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Some more details of the Marrazo as it reaches dealerships
Transverse engine implies a FWD? So looks like its a monocoque, FWD like the ertiga. Will need to wait and see how this performs with 7/8 people on board while climbing up twisties.
Old 30th August 2018, 10:15   #334
Senior - BHPian

Love the way the design has come out similar to the renderings, clean inside out. I am sure the car is pretty spacious too.

Waiting for the pricing details. Mahindra is anyway keeping it below XUV so the base trims might be very tempting for the fleet operators.

Curious, is there any tax benefit of 1.5L diesel on a MPV ? i assume the lower taxation is based on the size as well and this Shark looks big.
Also what is the update on petrol engine ? Not sure how frugal that will be but the market is moving towards petrols and a good engine might just do well.

The market itself is pretty flat with only Ertiga, Innova and Hexa, BR-V so i dont think the numbers will be huge for this segment

Last edited by rajshenoy : 30th August 2018 at 10:43.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 10:54   #335
Senior - BHPian

Finally, after receiving a lot of flak, M&M has learnt to make clean designs.

The TUV3OO was clean too (a bit quirky though due to the sub 4m length). Then came out the ghastly KUV1OO!

The Marazzo though looks decent from all angles. No MUV is expected to be a looker anyways. The top end version looks nice with the snazzy alloys and well integrated DRLs. This time, they even managed to design a clean grille! Wish they had integrated the boot handle in a better manner though.

The interiors look especially nice and classy, but I do not like the placement and integration of the touch screen, looks more like an aftermarket fitment. And the purple dials & needles are very cheesy, I hope they can be customized to red or white. The toggle switches on the steering wheel is a welcome addition and will be much easier to use.

More than power, I am interested to know the low end torque of the puny engine. All Mahindra UVs are known to have good grunt & I hope this is not different. In that case, this engine would have the best of both worlds - fuel economy and decent pulling power for 7 adults.

The vehicle does look spacious and the most important factor would be to check the third row legroom and boot space with all rows up. Also, another important factor is the ride quality (where Mahindras generally do not fare well).

All in all, a good attempt by M&M and now only pricing will decide this vehicle's fate. With the Innova Crysta out of reach for many families and cab operators, this could very well be the apt replacement.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 11:12   #336
BHPian

Great pictures! The overall design has come out pretty well, considering it's a Mahindra. And that shade of blue just looks mouth watering! Why don't more manufacturers use such colours?

How I wish the number plate housing at the rear was on the bumper rather than on the tailgate; would have gone very well with the front then. The black strip on the D - pillar could have been better placed as well. And the wiper spray nozzles on the bonnet and not hidden? Come on, Mahindra. The dash doesn't look like it would feel too good. The steering wheel looks pretty nice though.

Waiting for the first drive reports now

Last edited by sainyamk95 : 30th August 2018 at 11:20.
sainyamk95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 11:29   #337
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2018 at 15:37.
blorebuddy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2018, 11:43   #338
BHPian

Thanks a ton for sharing these images with us, fusionbang. This has to be one of the most elegant (read: proportionate) design to come from Mahindra of late, given their penchant for over-styling their products. I find the Marazzo very elegant, gets decently-sized wheels, and has some interesting design bits like the A-pillar kink (a la Chevy Beat / Essentia). Not a fan of the very flat Lodgy-like tailgate, though. Even the interiors have a mature and upmarket vibe! The MPV appears roomy enough, and I'm eager to find out how it performs with the relatively small 1500 cc turbodiesel mill.

Last edited by RoverX : 30th August 2018 at 12:01.
RoverX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:14   #339
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Mahindra Marazzo test drive vehicle spotted at dealership.

Attachment 1794461

Any details on the variant spread? This one has the DRLs but steel wheels. Looks like the top-minus-one variant.

However, the car looks good overall. Thanks to Mahindra for not over-designing the vehicle.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:15   #340
Team-BHP Support

1.5 litre engine implies Marazzo will be competing against new Ertiga/BRV/Lodgy and not Innova/Hexa. Looks sub-4.5m too.

Pawan Goenka on Marazzo:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65592101.cms
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:37   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
1.5 litre engine implies Marazzo will be competing against new Ertiga/BRV/Lodgy and not Innova/Hexa. Looks sub-4.5m too.

Pawan Goenka on Marazzo:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/65592101.cms
With cab forward design this may have more space than Hexa/Cryta inside. External dimensions don't matter. With Ertiga/BRV/Lodgy pricing and Hexa/Crysta space/comfort Mahindra may have a winner here. Provided they execute well. I am particularly interested in how well this thing rides. I have never been fan of Mahindra's suspension tuning. Passenger comfort is raison d'etre for a MUV.
JediKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:47   #342
BHPian

Interesting design bit of placing the engine start stop button on the steering wheel itself. Kinda gives the feel of an F1 car. But I am unable to understand what product is this targeting or replacing? They already have the Xylo in this space and TUV 300 plus as well and are introducing another vehicle?
Sub-4m they have the Quanto and TUV and even if they have discontinued Quanto, this car is not Sub-4m anyway. So they are entering a segment in which they already have two vehicles and are introducing a third?

Any higher and they go in the scorpio, XUV territory. It's too cluttered with a plethora of products in each segment. I think they should rather streamline their product line. Rather do one well executed product in each category than filling the segments with multiple average products.

Last edited by akhil994 : 30th August 2018 at 12:49.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:54   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I can see the Cruise Button on the Right of the steering and Audio Controls on the Left, and you said it (Cruise Button) is on the Left and Audio Buttons on the Right, unlike in the conventional position on the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Interesting design bit of placing the engine start stop button on the steering wheel itself.
Even after zooming in and straining my eyes I could not notice that. Which button are you saying is the Engine Start/Stop Button, can you highlight it via Picasa or Photo Editor and re-post? Must be one of the only few budget cars to have it on the steering then, in such a scenario.
Old 30th August 2018, 13:09   #344
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks this design is just too bland? The exteriors are okay, but the interiors are simply too plain and do not invoke a feeling of desirability, unlike the Innova Crysta(not the GX) and even the upcoming Ertiga. The infotainment system leeks very after-marketish and the purple speedo dials look very cheesy to say the least. As I have said before pricing will be a very crucial factor for this car's success. More so due to the upcoming launch of the new Ertiga. The only thing which I liked in the interior department is the steering design, which again seems to be lacking a leather wrap.

Last edited by AYP : 30th August 2018 at 13:10.
Old 30th August 2018, 13:40   #345
Senior - BHPian

That looks pretty neat for a Mahindra product. Couple things look out of place are;

1) Trade mark Mahindra grill
2) Mahindra logo and bonnet cutout for the logo - Cut portion looks more like a dent.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed