Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 11:50   #376

re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

So is Marrazo end of story for Xylo? From looks it appears so but not sure with the engine specs.
Old 31st August 2018, 12:56   #377
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
From the pictures, I notice there is no footstep and that could mean the ingress would be easier and footstep may not be required, at least not provided as a standard fitment.
The XUV5OO also comes without footsteps. And we all placed aftermarket / showroom supplied footstep as an accessory. This would be the case here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X202 View Post
So is Marrazo end of story for Xylo? From looks it appears so but not sure with the engine specs.
Its no from what Mahindra has mentioned on their news releases.

They both are in different price brackets and looks at different set of customers brackets as well.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 22:07   #378
BHPian

I heard the top end Marazzo M8 could be around 17 lakhs on road bangalore. IMHO, it is expensive, for 1.5 L engine based MPV,
Old 31st August 2018, 22:33   #379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I heard the top end Marazzo M8 could be around 17 lakhs on road bangalore. IMHO, it is expensive, for 1.5 L engine based MPV,
What are you comparing against? The Creta is 18 lakhs in Bangalore. The Innova Crysta 2.4 VX is 22L.

The XUV is nicely priced, ~19L for W9 and ~20L for W11. But if they manage to keep the price of the MArazzo lower by a couple of lakhs vs the XUV, then it justifies the 1.5L engine since size wise it appears to be on par.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 22:36   #380
BHPian

Quote:

I see there are a lot of doubts of the smaller 1.5 engine. In my observation, the power and torque figures are actually more than the 2.2 mHawk engine which powered the previous gen Scorpio. Infact, many reviews including ACI pointed out that the Lodgy's engine which produced a modest 110 bhp and 245 Nm of torque had sufficient grunt with full and was used to carry video equipment. In that sense, I think the Marazzo will fare better than expected, if not Innova level. Speaking of smaller engine, there is a certain SUV which will have almost similar power and torque figures to the Marazzo which will be priced in the Fortuner/Endeavor territory. Let's see how that SUV squares up. 😁
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 22:59   #381
BHPian

It looks like Chevrolet Enjoy. I don't think they are targeting the Inova or even the XUV. It will be placed in a lower segment than these.
Old 1st September 2018, 01:47   #382
BHPian

Usually the headlamps of any vehicle blinds traffic.

Looking at the pictures, I would guess the Marazzo's tail lamp will blind traffic following it.

And with a 1.5L engine, and seven on board, wonder how many would follow it!
OrangeCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 10:06   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What are you comparing against? The Creta is 18 lakhs in Bangalore. The Innova Crysta 2.4 VX is 22L.
I think you are talking about 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

The XUV is nicely priced, ~19L for W9 and ~20L for W11. But if they manage to keep the price of the MArazzo lower by a couple of lakhs vs the XUV, then it justifies the 1.5L engine since size wise it appears to be on par.
Not convinced really, I believe pricing it anywhere North of ₹ 15 lakh will bomb it like Aria. M&M itself didn't believe in its success that's why playing hide & seek unlike Tata's confidence in Harrier (and being displayed in AutoExpo).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st September 2018 at 11:57. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 15:26   #384
BHPian

Dimensions of Mahindra Marazzo compared. The Marazzo dimensions were revealed on a You Tube channel.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-untitled.jpg  

John is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 15:30   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Dimensions of Mahindra Marazzo compared. The Marazzo dimensions were revealed on a You Tube channel.
As the official figures are not out yet, this may just be a speculation because it is being thought that the Marazzo will be bigger than Ertiga and smaller than Crysta. So a speculated dimension so as to make the viewers understand how it might stand in comparison to it's competitors. If this really is the actual dimension, then it is going to be a problem driving it in Hill Stations like Mussoorie, where even Crystas get stuck due to their width.
Old 1st September 2018, 15:36   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
As the official figures are not out yet, this may just be a speculation because it is being thought that the Marazzo will be bigger than Ertiga and smaller than Crysta. So a speculated dimension so as to make the viewers understand how it might stand in comparison to it's competitors. If this really is the actual dimension, then it is going to be a problem driving it in Hill Stations like Mussoorie, where even Crystas get stuck due to their width.

This is the video. Check at 1:35
John is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 16:42   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
This is the video. Check at 1:35
Even though I have seen many videos of this Vlogger, but when these details are not available from anywhere, then where from he got these before they are officially out? He also has not mentioned his source, maybe some Showroom Friend of his may have told him from the Official Brochures, but till we get our hands on concrete evidence, we cannot say for sure if he has given the right dimensions or not. Thanks for sharing though!

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2018 at 18:05. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 1st September 2018, 18:00   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
I think you are talking about 2.8
Nope I am talking about the 2.4 VX not the 2.8. The 2.8GX is around 21 and ZX is 27L.
Old 1st September 2018, 18:22   #389
BHPian

Mahindra dealers are rolling out the invites for the Marazzo launch on September 2nd.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-6b08d194ccc942e3838beb03c4a2a371.png  

Old 1st September 2018, 19:00   #390
BHPian

Off topic, but no date is mentioned in the invite.
sachinayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks