Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2018, 15:07   #541
BANNED

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Did a test drive of marazzo. Few observations.

1. Very spacious. The 2nd row felt more spacious and comfortable than that of Innova (2016 model). However overall comfort is lower than innova by a notch.
2. Engine is responsive. I was driving with only 3 on board, and the engine was pulling nicely uptil 4000 rpm
3. Very limited turbo lag - in the 3rd gear, engine was pulling decently from 1000 rpm with 3 on board. The engine is quite linear till 3500 rpm.
4. Very refined for a diesel car. Very little or no diesel clatter. Engine noise is muted even at higher rpms.
5. Low road noise, wind noise etc.
6. Very good braking. Definitely better than 2016 innova.
7. Generous glass area, and great overall visibility.
8. Interiors are put together very well.
9. Build quality felt really good. The doors are solid.
10. The rear AC does a good job of cooling the cabin uniformly. The unique design is clearly a plus.
11. The 3rd row of seat is quite spacious (better than lodgy, ertiga, brv - never sat in the 3rd seat of innova and thus unable to compare)
12. Ride quality is really good - perhaps a notch lower than 2016 innova. Suspension is on the softer side. Suspension doesn't complain much while jumping on potholes.
13. Car like handling and easy light controls (clutch, gears, etc). Not once did I feel that I was driving a 1650 kg ladder frame vehicle. It felt like driving a 1200 kg monocoque. Except for the extra width, it will be very easy to handle in city traffic.
14. Body roll is there. Perhaps a bit more than 2016 innova. But it is well contained. The body roll in the 3rd row was definitely lower than lodgy, brv.
15. Felt quite stable and planted at 100 kph speeds.
16. A warning tone sounds once you cross 100 kph. (The slow tone becomes a fast tone at 120 kph, I was told)

Cons

1. Clearly not a performance car. Quite fun to drive, but outright performance is not there. But one won't get bored driving it.
2. The rear looks doesn't appeal to me.
3. It is cluttered under the hood. For example, not possible to remove the battery, without first removing some thick hoses, etc feeding into the engine.
4. The aircraft like parking brake is quite large and heavy to use.
5. The engine switched off once while starting from idle. So there is a slight hint of underpowered-ness.

I only drove on highway like wide roads. So didn't get a chance to test it on bad roads / city traffic.

Overall I think the Marazzo is more of a threat for Innova Crysta, rather than for Ertiga.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2018 at 17:49. Reason: Typo
PYSO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:09   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Marazzo today for the first time at the Mahindra showroom. Looks good in person and the interiors are quite good for the price segment that it is slotted in. The interiors are by far the best In any Mahindra and also a notch above Maruti Ertiga (current gen). I tried out sitting in all three rows and could sit comfortably even in the third row. The legroom and kneeroom in the Marazzo is more than that in the Crysta in the third row. The roof mounted Ac also looks quite good and should be effective.
I saw the Aquamarine, Maroon, White and Purple colours. Out of these the Aquamarine looks best to me.
Could not get a test drive as the waiting time was 30min.
Overall the car looks like a good MPV and for people who need a 7/8 seater, this is a much more comfortable option than the Ertiga and also much cheaper than the Crysta. I expect that quite a few Taxi versions should be on the roads soon with the basic M2 variant. Even the M2 version has the roof AC.
Overall a well put together car with the right positioning at the price point.

Was browsing online and came across a wide range of Marazzo accessories available on the Mahindra M2all mall : quite a good collection and at decent prices too:
https://www.m2all.com/autocare/car-a...o.html#/page/1

It is good that a manufacturer plans these things in advance so that buyers can get proper accessories too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-1536140247821.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-1536140260300.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-1536140274617.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-1536140286463.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-1536140296199.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-1536140317839.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2018 at 16:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Behemoth is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 17:15   #543
BHPian

Customisation packages for Mahindra Marazzo.
Quote:
While there are no changes to the outside, the customised Marazzo on display sports a completely redone interior.

The focal point of the customisation is the middle row seating.

In place of the standard bench or captain’s chairs seats, the customised Marazzo gets fully mechanised new seats with greater recline, larger headrests and even a footrest that folds out from the front seatback.

Seat adjustments are commanded via a capacitative touchscreen that sits on a platform between the individual seats that also hides a 7-litre fridge.

Each of the middle seat occupants also get individual entertainment screens with Android TV, and there are housings to stow an iPad as well.

As you can expect, the seats are trimmed in high quality leather, and up front, you’ll also find a leather finish on the steering wheel, dashboard and grab handles. Chrome, faux wood and piano black trim have also been used generously to uplift the cabin ambience. Also new to this version of the Marazzo is a fully-powered front passenger seat. The third row seats remain unchanged.

The customised Marazzo is based on the top-spec M8 version. The modification job takes about a month, and is expected to cost in the region of Rs 3.5-4 lakh.
Source
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 18:51   #544
BHPian

Do they affect the warranty in anyway. If so then what's the point. Also all this customization will increase the weight of the car. With a small engine I wonder what all can be powered.
Any reason apart from the NGT diesel ban, 2.2 diesel was not offered for a people mover
Old 5th September 2018, 19:17   #545
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Video review by Faisal Khan. And quite a detailed one at that-

Positives being the ride quality, build quality and the space. Negatives being the lack of features, average engine and the average handling.

Last edited by AYP : 5th September 2018 at 19:40.
AYP is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 19:19   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Was browsing online and came across a wide range of Marazzo accessories available on the Mahindra M2all mall : quite a good collection and at decent prices too:
https://www.m2all.com/autocare/car-a...o.html#/page/1

It is good that a manufacturer plans these things in advance so that buyers can get proper accessories too.
Sorry for going

Went through some of Accessories at above link.
Came across that Front and Rear Bull Bars are available without any restrictions.

So, the discussion that the Government to take Strict action against Bull Bars and Crash Guards (Government to take strict action against bull bars & crash guards) has been shown Dust bin?
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 19:21   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Do they affect the warranty in anyway. If so then what's the point.
It won't affect the warranty as the customisation will be done by Mahindra's own Mahindra Customisation
Old 6th September 2018, 06:58   #548
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Marazzo Variants Walkaround Videos by Team CarDelight

M2

M4

M6

M8
CarguyNish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 08:22   #549
Team-BHP Support

It has rear disc brakes?! Right from the base model! That's definitely reassuring.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th September 2018 at 08:25.
Gannu_1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 08:42   #550

I don’t know if it’s just me but the design looks quite boxy and bulky... It appears to have undersized tyres because of the boxiness especially in variants with 16” rims. Have always felt the same way about the Innova too!
Old 6th September 2018, 09:05   #551
BHPian

Great job M&M for offering disc brakes as standard across all variants.I don't think any car under 15L currently offers this.To really nitpick I feel the steering wheel could have been better, perhaps leather wrapped. The one in Creta or Nexon is far better.
thehighwayman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:49   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Great job M&M for offering disc brakes as standard across all variants.I don't think any car under 15L currently offers this.To really nitpick I feel the steering wheel could have been better, perhaps leather wrapped. The one in Creta or Nexon is far better.
Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 also offer all 4 Disc Brakes as standard affair. But yes, in entry level MPVs, it is a segment first feature, which is commendable. Mahindra has gone out all guns blazing to give a very good vehicle with ample features at a good price just ahead of the festive season. Hope it sells in good numbers and there are no teething problems with the new platform, engine etc.

Awaiting Team BHP and initial Owner Reviews soon any day now...
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 11:22   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Motoroids compares the MPV qualities of the Marazzo with the Innova Crysta
Here is a very good comparison video by Motoroids comparing the Marazzo to the Innova Crysta. Even though both cars are very different in price points, the Marazzo does seem to fulfill almost 80-85% of the Innova's shoes. One key differentiator which Mahindra will need to prove over time is the brand value and reliability - this is Toyota's biggest strength!

Last edited by aah78 : 6th September 2018 at 17:19. Reason: Duplicate video removed. Quote added for relevance. Thanks!
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 11:28   #554
BHPian

This vehicle has all the markings for being a bestseller in its segment. The car seems to have been designed to take the place of the previous gen Innova and will truly have no competitors. Hexa and Crysta are clearly a class bigger and the Ertiga was never a true 7 seater. It has a decent amount of features for the price.

I dont think this was ever meant to be a high performance vehicle as some people have been commenting. The previous Innova had even lesser power while weighing approx the same and did it sell ! The only if and a big one at that, is if it will age well. If it passes that test, it will be a blockbluster ! I hope that Mahindra has done its homework, they are already saying its the best Mahindra ever , so hopefully another homegrown player soon stands tall in our market !
coldice4u is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 12:47   #555
Senior - BHPian

Very good effort by Mahindra for sure and kudos to them for that. This car is surely going to eat some sales from Innova, specially in cab segment. Overall good package given by Mahindra and surely it will attract both private and cab market. They have cleverly placed this between Ertiga and Innova.

All the best Mahindra
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks