Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 13:52   #106
BHPian

re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

I think what everyone is anxiously waiting for:
  1. Space (like Innova - across 3 rows)
  2. Reliability (like Innova - workhorse mode)
  3. Price ( unlike Innova - more towards Ertiga)

Keeping aside duds like KUV100 & Nuvosport, I don't see any reason why a vehicle starting midway from the upcoming TUV300Plus pricing and topping mid-way through Scorpio pricing would be a great seller.( wishful thinking )

Afterall these years, I am still waiting for a decent looking - comfy- reasonably priced- auto- MPV..so lets hope this is it
Old 5th September 2017, 14:30   #107
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to Nishant for sharing this with fellow enthusiasts ! He spotted this around Ladakh.
Another pic shared by Nishant, clicked in Ladakh today.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-21361014_10155042138487449_51678855_n.jpg  

//M is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:16   #108
BHPian

Spotted this parked in my office basement in Bangalore. Sources informed me that it has been parked there for past 4 days. I had a good look at the interiors and exteriors. But as I took a photo, the driver came and requested not to take anymore photos. I respected it and stopped with the one shared below.

Had a small chat with the driver and below are few observations based on visually inspecting the vehicle and the chat

• Looks more like Chevy Enjoy, but bit bigger.
  • Most probably a top end variant as it was sporting projector lights and a big touchscreen head unit.
  • Very spacious from inside. It was a 7 seater version with captain seats in the middle row.
  • The driver said that the drive is planted and the body roll is controlled.
  • He suspects it to be launched next year (just a casual talk and he was not sure)
  • The performance is very good as per the driver.
  • Extensive testing being carried out

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-scoop-1.jpg
narsi_6989 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 08:03   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's MPV spied on test again.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-21430622_1456989714383816_6716855307525295124_n.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-21314289_1456989711050483_2514606831450570225_n.jpg

PD
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 11:34   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Anything else?
This is the limit. Just looking at the camouflaged vehicle, one can immediately start comparing design languages! You need to be on advisory panel for automobile companies man.
Not only him, but other people have also commented on the similarities with Chevy Enjoy.

Not because it's a copy of the Enjoy or anything - but I feel it's due to the cab forward slanting front end with rather flat sides. Gives a more slab sided appearance than the Innova.

Could be a good thing too - because slab sided designs don't cut into shoulder space, and space is the most important parameter for an MPV.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:26   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught testing on the streets of Bangalore by a DriveSpark reader.

Quote:
The upcoming MPV was spotted in HSR layout, and it is immediately noticeable that it was in production-ready form, especially when compared to previous spy shots.
The eight slat grille along with the prominently placed Mahindra logo that has been exposed in many spyshots previously was now found covered with a mesh to hide the design. The grille looks very similar to that on the flagship XUV 500. The 5-spoke alloy wheels continue to feature on the car with disc brakes on all four wheels.
The side profile of the U321 looks very similar to its main rival, the Toyota Innova Crysta but the front end is not as elongated. The tail lamp is reminiscent of the previous-gen Scorpio's tall units. The U321 is said to have been built on an all-new platform and is using a monocoque chassis.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau050spottedtesting1.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau050spottedtesting2.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau050spottedtesting3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:46   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

PD
Is it just me? Or the rear quarter of the TUV300+ actually resembles a Range Rover Sport's shape?
This vehicle desperately begs for much larger wheels. I hope this size doesn't end up being on the production spec. The TUV300 itself looks horribly squat and under-tired from a lot of angles.

The TUV300+ must be having the smallest middle row windows in its segments. Guess Mahindra likes to have this trophy. With the Scorpio they have the smallest driver & co-driver side windows in its segment .

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th September 2017 at 11:48.
Old 8th September 2017, 14:40   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The two cars differ in the following parts atleast-
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-tuv-300-image.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mpv-image.jpg

The Front Windscreens, Front Fenders, Bonnet, Front Grille and Bumper, Front and Rear Wheel Arches, Window Line and Window Frame, Headlights, Ground Clearance.

That means there could be one TUV 300+ and other could be MPV.

The MPV has a Scoop for intercooler on the bonnet.
Also the Bonnet of MPV is not flat but TUV 300+ has flat bonnet.
Old 8th September 2017, 14:44   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The Front Windscreens, Front Fenders, Bonnet, Front Grille and Bumper, Front and Rear Wheel Arches, Window Line and Window Frame, Headlights, Ground Clearance.

That means there could be one TUV 300+ and other could be MPV.

The MPV has a Scoop for intercooler on the bonnet.
Also the Bonnet of MPV is not flat but TUV 300+ has flat bonnet.
They are indeed actually the new MPV and the TUV300+. Most of the times these 2 mules are seen running around together. I don't think the intention in original post was to say that these are pictures of the MPV itself.

As for the hood-scoop - I don't think it is there. It seems like one of the plenty strap-on plastic/foam pieces stuck on the body panels to intentionally hide real body design by giving a misguiding / deformed look. You will see similar pieces under the camouflage wrap on the door sides also. Standard practice.

For this structure and a sloping bonnet - placing the inter-cooler on top of the engine would mean the oil sump will be very low and near to the ground. Mostly we'll see a conventional front grille positioned intercooler IMO.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 12:14   #115
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Harshal More for sharing! Just selecting the pic that shows its DRL:
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img_20170914_184750.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 12:44   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big thanks to Harshal More for sharing! Just selecting the pic that shows its DRL:
Attachment 1676350
Looks like only one of the DRLs is working.
Instead of this, which is now becoming a common design, would have loved if it came with an 'angel eye' DRL, round the projector. BMW ishtyle.
Old 15th September 2017, 14:22   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 1676350
Liked it! Looks neat for the car's dimensions & shape. Not overdone.
However, considering the features that are being seen on this car's test mules off late - it is more and more certain that this will end up in a "mid-premium" category rather than a proper mass people mover. There is a huge hole in that segment which now has only Xylo, Sumo Gold (too basic), old Innova, old Tavera left. Someone has to bring an economy level MPV desperately!!

I really like this car's looks a lot I have to confess. This is leaps and bounds better looking than the previous generation Innova.

I will not mention anything about the current generation Innova as I don't want to be beaten blue for my opinion.
Old 15th September 2017, 20:27   #118
BHPian

New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai

Any idea if it's launch is planned soon around the festive season? There seems no buzz from the media except for these scoops. Given that this is tested with almost full fit and finish, it seems almost ready for launch!

Last edited by harishhm74 : 15th September 2017 at 20:31.
Old 15th September 2017, 21:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Saw this MPV near Whitefield bangalore couple of days ago. Didn't bother clicking since there are already so many pics.

Physically the car didn't appear very tall as compared to innova crysta but it surely was longer than my ertiga. Does this mean this MPV sits low and might offer pretty good handling/rear seat comfort?
Old 15th September 2017, 21:28   #120
BHPian

I am seeing test mule of this car almost every day. Looks like extensive testing is going on and could be launched very soon. The overall shape is very close to the previous version of Innova and looks good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks