Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2016, 14:28   #46
BHPian

re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

I think this is the Xylo replacement project that Mahindra's overseas research team located in Michigan, United States was working on.
(Source- http://www.mahindracarsindia.com/201...ar-future.html)
That could be the reason why we did not see any initial test mules and now what we have is a completely ready product with everything in its place. These must be the final set of tests going on now and I expect that Mahindra will launch this soon.
Old 11th November 2016, 19:29   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

New Mahindra MPV launch in second half of 2017.

All-new MPV from Mahindra (Codename: U321) to take on Innova Crysta; likely to come with carmaker's new 1.99-litre diesel engine.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20160712124212_mpx1.jpg

Quote:
this new vehicle has the traditional tall MPV stance with a long wheelbase and short front and rear overhangs for maximum interior room. Up front, the now-familiar Mahindra grille is an instant giveaway about its identity. The shape of the headlights resemble the recently-launched Mahindra Imperio pickup, while the bumper looks tall with a prominent air intake and provisions for fog lamps. It has a very cab-forward shape, with a relatively short bonnet, which again should translate to better interior room. Moving on to the sides, the glasshouse gives it a typical MPV look however, going by the recent Mahindra designs, the final design may end up getting a number of aggressive lines and slashes here and there in a bid to make the design more interesting
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th November 2016 at 19:31.
Old 17th December 2016, 21:40   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's TUV5OO ? spotted again,

Quote:
It is the first MPV project developed by the automaker’s North American Technical Centre (MNATC) in Troy, Michigan. Expect the MPV to share the same monocoque platform with the company’s flagship SUV XUV500. This will enable the car to get a front wheel drive system. The power source is reported to be Mahindra’s downsized 1.99-litre mHawk diesel engine. However, it might get an all-new diesel engine developed with assistance from Ssangyong
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrampvindialaunchspied.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 21:53   #49
Team-BHP Support

There's only so much prettying up possible on an MPV, and given Mahindra's penchant for overdone designs, I'd rather have them focus on interior quality, sorted ergonomics, quality materials and overall reliability.

MPV's sell on those factors and the segment benchmark Crysta ticks pretty much every box there is for a competent MPV.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th December 2016 at 21:56.
Old 10th February 2017, 19:07   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra bets big on Innova-rivalling MPV.

Company has announced Rs 1,500 crore investment in two of its Maharashtra plants that will produce the MPV.

While the investment in the Nashik plant will be towards the manufacturing of vehicles, investment in the Igatpuri plant will be for the manufacturing and supply of engines.

Mahindra’s Innova rival is still in development and is slated to hit showrooms in the second-half of this year

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th February 2017 at 19:08.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 11:21   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted by an IAB reader near Mahindra’s vehicle development centre, the Mahindra Research Valley.

Quote:
The spyshots give a pretty a good idea as to what we can expect with respect to exterior design. Instead of following the trend of beefing the exterior to stand out as a crossover, which seems to be the fad these days, the Mahindra U321 appears to be a conventional MPV. It has the characteristic Mahindra toothed grille, bulbous headlamps with projector lens, and what seems to be a split radiator grille. The rear-end slightly slopes to the front and features wraparound taillamps, and large windscreen with rear wiper.
While the Innova is based on a ladder-frame platform, the Mahindra U321 is reported to be based on a monocoque platform. This is expected to make it lighter and more composed than the Innova. It is reported to be riding on an all-new platform developed by the Mahindra North American Technical Center (MNATC) in Troy, Michigan.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321mpvtoyotainnovarivalfrontspiedontest.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321mpvtoyotainnovarivalheadlampspiedontest.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321mpvtoyotainnovarivalwindowspiedontest.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321mpvtoyotainnovarivaltaillampspiedontest.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321mpvtoyotainnovarivalrearquarterspiedontest.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 12:18   #52
KMT
BHPian

Spy shots look promising.
If this is priced below XUV500, i guess the biggest loser here will be the TATA Hexa.
Old 7th April 2017, 07:36   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Upcoming Mahindra U321, S201 to get new 1.6-litre diesel engine.

All-new 130hp, four-cylinder motor to be part of Mahindra’s mFalcon engine family; will find place in Mahindra’s U321 MPV and S201 crossover.
This new motor has been developed along with SsangYong and will find duty in the Korean firm’s products too.

Quote:
The 130hp, 1.6-litre diesel will first see duty in the upcoming Mahindra U321 MPV and later in the S201 crossover which will be based on the SsangYong Tivoli.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 14:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Spy shots look promising.
If this is priced below XUV500, i guess the biggest loser here will be the TATA Hexa.
Looking at the dimensions and engine specs, I think it would be in the Maruti Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Honda Mobilio segment, rather than in the Hexa/XUV500 segment.
dheepak10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 16:34   #55
RSR
Senior - BHPian

If the U321 is built on a newly developed monocoque chassis and powered by 1.6 litre engines, then it indicates a direct competitor to the Lodgy. It may be somewhat larger than the Ertiga, Mobilio & Enjoy dimensionally, but not a ladder-frame based Innova rival.

I think a direct Lodgy rival makes good sense for Mahindra. It can replace the ageing Xylo.
Old 7th April 2017, 21:22   #56
BHPian

Dont understand whats M&M's fascination with the height, when will their engineers respect the laws of aerodynamics ?
Old 7th April 2017, 22:10   #57
BHPian

After 6 years of owning a fantastic all rounder vehicle called xylo, I was looking at replacing it with a similar vehicle with ample space and none other than xylo can match. Xylo wins due to unbeatable cabin space, leg room, practicality and affordability and my family members have clearly said any car with less cabin space and leg room is a no (including the XUV is a no). Looking at U321 pictures, I am not so confident if its a worthwhile replacement for Xylo on the parameters defined above. Xylo owners may add to this.
Old 8th April 2017, 12:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
After 6 years of owning a fantastic all rounder vehicle called xylo, I was looking at replacing it with a similar vehicle with ample space and none other than xylo can match. Xylo wins due to unbeatable cabin space, leg room, practicality and affordability and my family members have clearly said any car with less cabin space and leg room is a no (including the XUV is a no). Looking at U321 pictures, I am not so confident if its a worthwhile replacement for Xylo on the parameters defined above. Xylo owners may add to this.

I Have to agree with you on the ample space inside the xylos cabin. After our trusty steed Tavera, xylo is the only car I find that can genuinely seat people in all 3 rows of seats comfortably. Recently had travelled for around 400 kms in a xylo cab and we were 9 people in the car and no point in time we felt it was too cramped. I am 5'8 and my dad is 5'10 we were seated in the last row and we never complained of lack of space.
Old 8th April 2017, 13:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Mahindra's new MPV will take time to launch. You can look at Tata Hexa. Space wise, its one of the best options out there.
Old 26th May 2017, 14:43   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindta's MPV- the Innova Crysta rival spied in Chennai. An anticipated 2018 launch.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrampv3.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrampv2.jpg
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrampv1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2017 at 14:44.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks