Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2017, 10:09   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Mahindra MPV caught testing in Chennai. EDIT: Named Marazzo

Spotted testing in Nashik by an IAB reader.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrau321frontthreequartersleftsidespyshot.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 12:00   #62
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spotted testing in Nashik by an IAB reader.

Looks like another walrus tooth front and over done styling with cuts and slashes on the bumper
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 14:45   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spotted again, being tested against an Innova Crysta. Thanks to Abdul Shukoor for sharing!

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img_5122.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img_5126.jpg

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-img_5124.jpg
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 15:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Spotted again, being tested against an Innova Crysta. Thanks to Abdul Shukoor for sharing!
Thanks to Abdul & GTO for sharing the pics. The wheelbase looks to be quite generous, however that does not seem to be the case with ground clearance. I doubt if this car will pass the speed-breaker test when fully loaded (which often might be the case). If this comes with the expected 1.6 litres Ssangyong engine churning out 130 bhp, with a six speed tranny, then it has the potential of pulling the customer not just from Ertiga but Innova as well.
Old 19th June 2017, 16:08   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's rival to Toyota's Innova Crysta is coming this year,

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20170619032452_mahindra_mpv1-copy.jpg

link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 20:50   #66
BHPian

The Crysta standing behind the mahindra MPV is not just a co-incidence. The car is owned be M&M only. Looks like mahindra is trying very hard to make a better car than the Crysta. I am looking forward to the launch.

Oops! I forgot to provide evidence during my mundane response:

Look at the registration number. It is TN 19 AB 4572.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-20170621_205242.png

Proof of mahindra's ownership.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-20170621_203658.png
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-20170621_203630.png

Source: Car info number plate search app available on play store

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 21st June 2017 at 20:58. Reason: Removing the wrong picture.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:30   #67
BHPian

Was hunting for the right thread for Mahindra U321. While all the pics are now on this page. I thought it would be right to add one rendering from IAB.

Shoeb R Kalania (SRK) has once again done a geat job in rendering this. Sharing this assuming it has not been shared as yet on TBhp.

By this rendering, the car looks top class !

Source : http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/s...-render-272142

MOD Please note : I tried my best to remove the second pic in the post. Please help.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrampvprofilerendering1024x768.jpg  

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mahindrampvprofilerendering1024x768.jpg  

Last edited by peterjim13 : 29th June 2017 at 13:33. Reason: Trying to remove the second pic !
peterjim13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 14:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Rendering looks great. Hopefully it matches the test car.
Generally, with Indian manufacturers they always design a car that can play with previous generation cars from others. Not sure if its because they are lagging the global companies generally or they dont want to take risk by adopting some new direction
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:18   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Rendering looks great. Hopefully it matches the test car.
Generally, with Indian manufacturers they always design a car that can play with previous generation cars from others. Not sure if its because they are lagging the global companies generally or they dont want to take risk by adopting some new direction
I wouldn't agree in toto but I understand your point of view! M&M have tried their hand with the KUV100 - it was a new direction alright, but it was a hilarious disaster too! On the other hand, the XUV500 also came as a jolt - but a pleasant one, and a good success story followed!
Old 3rd July 2017, 22:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Was hunting for the right thread for Mahindra U321. While all the pics are now on this page. I thought it would be right to add one rendering from IAB.
That render closely matches Chrysler Pacifica's side profile ..

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2017 at 22:11. Reason: trimmed quoted post
chpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Every time I saw the rendering, I had that deja-vu feel. I knew I've seen a crossover in that shade somewhere. Well, I reckon the rendering is based on the Peugeot 5008 as the similarity of that shade is uncanny; a good rendering nevertheless.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-unknown.jpg
swiftdiesel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Every time I saw the rendering, I had that deja-vu feel. I knew I've seen a crossover in that shade somewhere. Well, I reckon the rendering is based on the Peugeot 5008 as the similarity of that shade is uncanny; a good rendering nevertheless.
Great Catch. The Headlamp double barrels, the door handles are all from the Peugeot !
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:36   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Great Catch. The Headlamp double barrels, the door handles are all from the Peugeot !
There's only so many ways they can do pull type door handles.

Yes, the resemblance is there. If Mahindra pulls this off as per the rendering, it would be a good alternative to the Lodgy / Ertiga. Intentionally not comparing this to the mighty Crysta as it will most probably start third world war here.
Old 4th July 2017, 14:45   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Lodgy

Intentionally not comparing this to the mighty Crysta as it will most probably start third world war here.
It's clear from the spy pics that they are benchmarking it against the Crysta. A Crysta rival at Lodgy prices might be the business case proposal for Mahindra.

And unlike TATA's attempt with Aria / Hexa, Mahindra can go ahead and design a proper MPV like the Crysta because they already have the XUV 5OO for those aspiring for better looks / AWD abilities.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 15:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
If Mahindra pulls this off as per the rendering, it would be a good alternative to the Lodgy / Ertiga. Intentionally not comparing this to the mighty Crysta as it will most probably start third world war here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It's clear from the spy pics that they are benchmarking it against the Crysta. A Crysta rival at Lodgy prices might be the business case proposal for Mahindra.
And unlike TATA's attempt with Aria / Hexa, Mahindra can go ahead and design a proper MPV like the Crysta because they already have the XUV 5OO for those aspiring for better looks / AWD abilities.
I do not feel that they may have to do so much to be in place with Ertiga. As Crazy Driver rightly mentioned they are all in for an alternative to Crysta.

In one of the Shoot-Outs by AutoCar with Crysta Vs Hexa, they gave the Crysta the crown but added a note on the price difference of 4 Lakhs. So Mahindra would obviously be trying to add more value in the price difference which could be around 4-8Lakhs with more comfort and features.

While the upgraded XUV with a more powerful engine would add muscle to SUV enthusiasts in the 20L or less bracket, U321 would add more teeth to eating out the space Crysta has been enjoying.

On the other hand I still feel Hexa is a good alternative to Crysta, but it is yet to find good buyers (I have hardly seen 4/5 on road here). Why would that be, are people still stuck with the usual statement - "after sales service is a hit or miss"
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks