Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 19:23   #61
BHPian

Re: June 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
How would anyone know if the car is running out of fuel? Are you sure on this? If this is true , someone at Maruti needs a check up.
Edit-probably the missing gauge maybe the temperature gauge and not the fuel gauge.
Valid question. Not a first. If I remember correctly the 2013 and earlier models of the Etios Liva (till the G variant) did not have a fuel gauge or a DTE or a tachometer. I test drove a Liva GD around Oct/Nov 2013 and I clearly remember these features missing like a sore thumb. Someone on the forum who owns a Liva from around that time frame may please confirm.
To add to that the temperature gauge is definitely missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Only the giraffe antler shaped tachometer pod is gone. The fuel gauge is a digital one and a fairly accurate one. I can't imagine that it is gone as well.
The car was sitting in the showroom and when I asked the sales guy this exact question, he told me that me both the tacho and the fuel gauge are gone. I would have to turn on the ignition to check which I could not. So you may be right. I will try and cross check once again.
Old 21st July 2016, 20:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
BMW is yet getting thrashed in every segment.
Their run flats are killing them. Indian customers still need the reassurance of a spare tyre and a plush ride, both of which are undone by the BMW Tyres. Also, with a wave of bad publicity, parents with young kids are wary of buying BMWs as they're perceived to be accident prone.
Old 22nd July 2016, 01:08   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Their run flats are killing them. Indian customers still need the reassurance of a spare tyre and a plush ride, both of which are undone by the BMW Tyres. Also, with a wave of bad publicity, parents with young kids are wary of buying BMWs as they're perceived to be accident prone.
I beg to differ on your perception.

Firstly all BMW's have a spare wheel now for over a year or two. Runflats have now evolved greatly and are almost at par with regular tubeless in terms of comfort. Moreover, even Mercedes now gives runflats on most models from the C to the S.

Secondly, the BMW bad publicity from Sanjeev Nanda's hit and run case is nearly two decades old. It's long forgotten by most. There is more bad publicity around Lamborghini's caching fire and them being involved in fatal crashes yet doesn't stop keen lambo fan/buyers from purchasing them.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 17:07   #64
BHPian

Isuzu numbers do not seem to be a part of the list. While the numbers might not be really eye popping but I do see MU7s on the road. Not sure if I missed the reason for them not being here. Likewise the Xenon also doesnt figure in the list. Is it safe to assume that pickups are excluded from this comparison owing to the part commercial part personal flavour that they have?
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
  1. Chevrolet: No clue what they are doing in the country.
  2. Fiat: At least we know they produce the national diesel engine! So sales numbers probably don't matter to them.
We have not seen any takeover/acquisitions of car companies by another so far. If it happens Chevrolet and Fiat models would survive with changed badges.
Old 23rd July 2016, 09:09   #66
Senior - BHPian

The KUV100 was consistently rallying at more than 4k cars per month. May be it's the end of the joyride. They are currently being offered at 35k discount. The introduction of Ignis would further worsen its sales.
But, kudos to Mahindra for offering ABS as standard and airbags as optional on all variants. It is the cheapest available car with ABS and Airbags after Tiago XZ. This is assuming the optional safety variants of Maruti are only on paper.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:28   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
The KUV100 was consistently rallying at more than 4k cars per month. May be it's the end of the joyride. They are currently being offered at 35k discount. The introduction of Ignis would further worsen its sales.
But, kudos to Mahindra for offering ABS as standard and airbags as optional on all variants. It is the cheapest available car with ABS and Airbags after Tiago XZ. This is assuming the optional safety variants of Maruti are only on paper.
Base models of Polo petrol, Figo petrol, Baleno petrol are also very cheap and come with dual airbags. Any day they look a million times better than the kuv100.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 14:04   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Top 10 Passenger Vehicles exports for June -16 . Nissan , Ford and VW lead the way.

June 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-53349212.jpg

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd July 2016 at 14:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Top 10 Passenger Vehicles exports for June -16 . Nissan , Ford and VW lead the way.

Source
Looks like its still a better deal for ford to export cars rather sell locally.Export benefits + the depreciating rupee skews their priorities in favour of exports.
Old 27th July 2016, 09:11   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars drove the sales growth in both western and southern regions, with an 8 percent and 12 percent increase, respectively. Utility vehicle sales rose 6 percent and 9 percent.

Name:  53401185.png
Views: 1169
Size:  20.7 KB

Quote:
Southern and western India have higher percentage of customers who are from the industrial economy compared to North and East which have large rural customers. And, due to low monsoon last year, the demand has been tepid in these (northern and eastern) regions
Name:  1.png
Views: 1127
Size:  5.4 KB
Quote:
Sales in North has been subdued due to the uncertainty around diesel because, typically, North has one of the highest demands for diesel car.
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th July 2016 at 09:17.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks