Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2020, 20:04   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

The Race to become the No.3 OEM in India: Tata Motors outplays Mahindra in the BS6 era.

- Mahindra has lost out big time in the BS era and probably the most affected in the Covid scenario.

-Launch of Sonet could brighten the prospects of KIA to the nr. 3 slot.

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-no.3oem.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 20:00   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata is again on a roll! Kudos to Tata motors
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-bf836a48a8ef42958fcee0a9c38caf3d.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 00:35   #273
BHPian

Considering TaMo did ~21,200 units in September 2020 (which roughly translates to approximately 7066 units per 10 days), the Navratri and Dussehra sales of 6641 PVs in 10 days just doesn't sound enthusing. Am I missing something? I expected their festival days sales to be approx 15000 - 18000 units for PVs.
museycal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 10:23   #274
BHPian

Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post
Considering TaMo did ~21,200 units in September 2020 (which roughly translates to approximately 7066 units per 10 days), the Navratri and Dussehra sales of 6641 PVs in 10 days just doesn't sound enthusing. Am I missing something?

Yup the missing part is that 10K is for the passenger vehicles, excluding CV sales!
Utility vehicles means Nexon and Harrier, 90% retail jump for passenger vehicle sales over the last year season.

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 29th October 2020 at 10:24.
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 10:57   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Utility vehicles means Nexon and Harrier, 90% retail jump for passenger vehicle sales over the last year season.
Thanks for clearing it for me!
museycal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 19:00   #276
Senior - BHPian

Tata should bring mini SUV (Hornbill) soon without any issues. It has huge prospects in India seeing current demand for SUV's in all segments. Brezza, Nexon, Venue, Sonet, Creta, Seltos, Harrier, Hector, Jeep etc. are all in different SUV segments. Mini SUV from Tata has its own unique segment where no other players are there right now. If Tata can price it well with right engine, they have winner in hand. It will make sure they are No. 3 in Indian car market.

All the best Tata, game on, you can do it.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 23:06   #277
BHPian

Only the Blackbird can stop the Korean juggernaut - load it to the gills, ensure 5 star safety , add plush Tata ride and backseat comfort , add automatic at launch and diesel and turbo petrol engines.

Don't leave any stones unturned - Make in India !
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 11:07   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Race to become the No.3 OEM in India: Tata Motors outplays Mahindra in the BS6 era.
I wonder what propelled the sales though? Is it more car buyers wanting to buy safe cars or is the call by the PM Modi to buy made in India?

I hope Tata's customer service played an important role in this sales run. That will help Tata in the long run.
kkr2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 10:04   #279
BHPian

Huge boost in festive season !

https://twitter.com/auto_punditz/sta...267975168?s=19
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors aims for a top 3 spot in PV sales!-1604205280200.jpg  

TorqueIndia is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 11:01   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Clearly the small cars strategy is paying off for Tata & Mahindra is losing numbers/ lagging behind. It's time Tata ups the perception game with emphasis on After Sales & (perceived) Quality.

IMO they need to replicate the same success in executive & premium vehicles segments.

Mahindra on the others hand needs to leverage Ford partnership for reasonably good small car (Figo/ Aspire) platform, & again the long term quality.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 14:06   #281
Senior - BHPian

A 3.3 lakh production (for domestic market) might be a record for India. I don't remember it going above 3.1 lakh ever. Good to see atleast factory utilization rate starting to climb now.

Mahindra's aging line-up need to be replaced ASAP.

Quite a smart jump in sales from Toyota over last month especially with the entry of Gloster.

In the coming months, maybe we can expect to see Nissan extricate itself from the bottom with the Magnite.

Last edited by avishar : 1st November 2020 at 14:10.
Old 1st November 2020, 14:24   #282
BHPian

Great news.
I still find it surprising when people want to buy a WagonR, Kwid or SPresso over a Tiago. I mean, this is probably the world's cheapest NCAP 4 star rated car. The same mindset people also buy a Baleno over the Altroz. Yes, you might suffer a bit with the 3 cylinder engine, but when was the last time you set out for a lap on a race circuit using a daily-runner hatchback? Isn't safety more important than a 1 or 2 seconds off the 0-100 times? Also, the same people will heap praises on a Polo with a 3 cylinder engine and 10+ year old design.

As for service, recently I heard someone say they spent 11k on an Alto 50k km service on a YouTube channel. The owner was very proud and happy, but even Safari or Harrier owners won't get such bills for a routine service. The service quality has improved drastically.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 1st November 2020 at 14:26.
Cessna182 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 15:28   #283
BHPian

Kia is breathing down Tata’s neck. Few months ago, I had predicted somewhere on this forum that - once Kia launches Sonet, Tata can forget about their goal of being amongst top 3.
It will make me really happy if Tata is able to hold the fort over longer term and prove my initial hypothesis to be incorrect.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 17:18   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Kia is breathing down Tata’s neck.
It is praiseworthy how Kia, a new entrant and limited availability (only one dealer in my entire state), managed to be at the 4th place, threatening to overtake Tata Motors. What is more interesting is that it has achieved this with only 2 cars. I wonder what will happen when Kia dealerships are in every small city and it offers cars in every segment. Tata motors should reconsider its strategy and see what needs to be done if it wants to hold on to its position for some time.
Old 1st November 2020, 18:59   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Great news.
I still find it surprising when people want to buy a WagonR, Kwid or SPresso over a Tiago. I mean, this is probably the world's cheapest NCAP 4 star rated car. The same mindset people also buy a Baleno over the Altroz.

As for service, recently I heard someone say they spent 11k on an Alto 50k km service on a YouTube channel. The owner was very proud and happy, but even Safari or Harrier owners won't get such bills for a routine service. The service quality has improved drastically.
The issue at hand is people generally buy what everyone is buying in a particular segment thinking that since everyone is buying it then it must be good.

At the same time had people been giving so much importance to safety, then manufacturers like Honda and Maruti would have failed miserably in the Indian market since the kind of sheet metal they use is so thin that it can easily be pressed with bare hands. And in the countries where safety is given importance Suzuki just doesn't sell-well.

But people in India generally care about factors like re-sale value, brand value, fuel efficiency and social value.

A person might not buy Tata just because people in his social circle might mock that person by saying why did you buy a Tata? Don't you know about the reliability issues or how bad their after-sales is?

The questions I have raised are very sane even though most people would say why Tata they are good at making trucks not cars? or you won't be able to even sell it for a good price after a few years.

These issues stop people from buying Tata even though they have turned around their brand image and cars tremendously. Whether it be the Harrier, Nexon, Altroz all of them punch above their weight.

Last edited by sv97 : 1st November 2020 at 19:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks